Forum › Posts by Mieru

Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018

Oh shit, this is gooood. I love it when I discover some high quality one-shots.

Mieru
Image Comments 11 Jan 23:21
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Dwniqeqv4auqrkl-orig

In the recent chapter Asuka convinced her of wearing her skirt shorter becasue she wanted to see what Tomoko would look like. Which lead to her being kinda shy and self conscious about it.

Mieru
Image Comments 08 Jan 22:14
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Orikuchi_hirata_1065268855663058944

So friggin cute. Love it.

Mieru
Image Comments 04 Jan 02:08
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Dvwpavjx4aapgnj-orig

The latest chapter is indeed cute as hell. I like how after Nemo's pushy attempt to make Tomoko wear her skirt shorter, Asuka just comes in easing her with the "I feel you look fine the way you are, but I want to see how you look with a shorter skirt". Of course it instantly turns Tomoko to a puddle of goo.

Also, A-chan admitting that Nemo gets a tad weird when it comes to Tomoko.

Mieru
Image Comments 27 Dec 21:07
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Meis_terameisu_72099394_p0

Speaking of Asuka, check this out: All of Asuka's appearances in the manga so far https://imgur.com/a/kow44Y1

Mieru
Image Comments 10 Dec 03:07
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Yatsuo_1032612826005688320

Agreed. Megumi was a turning point. Megumi showed care for Tomoko at her lowest point, and we know those small kind gestures stuck with her and convinced her to be a better person which they show she's been making an honest attempt to be.

it surprises me when people are adamant in skipping the earlier parts of the story. There's this thing called character growth and overarching themes, guys. That's why the later chapters are so satisfying, we see Tomoko grow as a person and better herself through her experiences.

Mieru
Image Comments 10 Dec 00:54
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Yatsuo_1032612826005688320

No girl can quite measure up to Asuka. Too bad for Ucchi that Tomoko uses her as emotional grounding because of her simple face when she gets overwhelmed from spending too much time with Asuka. Ucchi thinks Tomoko likes looking at her when in reality she's more like white noise to her, except in human form

Mieru
Image Comments 06 Dec 23:39
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Reactionguys

Minami is cute as a button, but she's also a bitch of the highest caliber. She managed to piss off Asuka who is super nice (Ok, it probably also had to do with Minami shit talking Tomoko, but still)

Mieru
Image Comments 06 Dec 23:17
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
[satou%20takumi]%201067752908895117312

This is the comic from which I got my profile picture. I just love Yuri's munching face, it's adorable.

Mieru
Image Comments 03 Dec 22:16
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Dtd5nkgu0aa90ub-orig

You should read it. It's really good. Maybe I'm biased because I've been reading it for a long time but Watamote is a great series.

We've gone from Tomoko trying to be popular in ridiculous and extremely ciringeworthy ways while also being a very vindictive and bitter girl, to her making real friends in a field trip, going to a party because she wanted to spend time with those friends and slowly finding out the whole "I WANNA BE POPULAR" thing wasn't as important as she thought and instead she's inspired to be a better person because of someone she met who was genuinely kind to her. It's a series that has changed in a lot of
ways, but also kept its roots in weird comedy still there.

It's great stuff but also a very slow boil in terms of how the story develops. I think it's worth a read without skipping chapters unlike some other people reccomend, because the later chapters are the payoff from the earlier chapters for the reader. It's some cathartic stuff.

That was a lot of text, but I really like this series. Been following for a while now, and I wish more people gave it a shot.

Mieru
Image Comments 01 Dec 01:32
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Hoeh

Someone get an ambulance, Ucchi's gonna have a stroke.

Mieru
Image Comments 28 Nov 00:22
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Jiguzagu_1034611628652748801%20(2)

What do you mean, meme? Hand Holding is some hard stuff. It's right up there with cuddling and headpats. Not everyone's ready for that high-tier lewds.

I hope next chapter gives us a little bit more of Yoshimako fuel like last chapter did in that little panel during their lunch break.

last edited at Nov 28, 2018 12:24AM

Mieru
Image Comments 28 Nov 00:21
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Ds5pmezvyaal4y2-orig

Honestly, having a relationship grow between Tomoko and Komi-something wouldn't have been as crazy as it sounds. Yes, they tend to clash a lot, but we've seen that under all the vitriol they seem to have a weird sort of friendship where they're both fully aware of each other's entire personality. So it could possibly grow from there like it did with the other characters with little bits of comedy and serious character development sprinkled throughout.

To be fair though, the introduction of Yuri and Nemo was really for the better. They're like alternate universe versions of Tomoko. Nemo is the Tomoko who actually did good research in the whole "how to be popular" front and ended up lying her way to popularity. Yuri is Tomoko but without the eccentricities that make her interesting, both for the reader an in universe as we've seen people find Tomoko legitimately interesting.

Mieru
Image Comments 21 Nov 23:40
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
71766942_p0

What nobody knows is that in her pocket she secretly has one of those hand grip thingies and all she does all day is exercise her grip strength.

Mieru
Image Comments 21 Nov 22:41
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
71766942_p0

Yuri's rage doesn't burn, it freezes.

Mieru
Image Comments 21 Nov 22:32
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Orisit

Not lesbians only, lesbians too.

Mieru
Image Comments 21 Nov 21:15
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Driczxzvaae_x49-orig

This artist draws some intense gazes all the time. Me likey.

last edited at Nov 21, 2018 9:15PM

Mieru
MARBLING discussion 20 Nov 22:57
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018

No need to rush indeed. Specially considering Tomoko goes weak at the knees whenever Asuka does so much as look in her general direction.

Mieru
Image Comments 19 Nov 01:32
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Dsbfni5u4aeziwy-orig

I've honestly been reading it from way back, for years now, and there's been hints of Tomoko's gayness from way back in the beggining not only with Yuu either.

Something I remember is around chapter 50 or so. Tomoko at one point thinks Nemo is into her (this was from before they had become friends and before they had even gone on the field trip where she met Yuri and the gang) and when she finds out she misinterpreted what Nemo did as a romantic advance of sorts she felt betrayed, ran out of the bathroom in tears and then fell on her face and hurt her nose in a classic cringe Tomoko moment. This isn't the only example either, this has been there for a long time now.

It would feel like an extremely sudden development if it went Het out of the fucking left field. It would be a huge damn dissapointment in my opinion.

Mieru
Image Comments 15 Nov 23:09
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Dr8fpakv4aetpqr-orig

Personally, I love that canonically Tomoko always gets the upper hand on Nemo. At the beginning when Nemo and Tomoko first met, I thought it was gonna be the other way around, but now Tomoko always ends up playing Nemo like a fiddle. Great stuff.

Mieru
Image Comments 15 Nov 23:08
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Dressup

The interaction between Asuka and Tomoko was super adorable, but is no one going to bring attention to how bashful Mako was when Yoshida complimented the food she made for the gang. I mean, come on that was super cute, even it if was just a little panel on page 10. Nico Tanigawa really lke teasing their fans with shipping fuel.

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 11:09PM

Mieru
Image Comments 13 Nov 16:06
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Drztptou0aavz52-orig%20(1)

It's really funny how what made Tomoko really fall for Asuka was getting the ole thigh pillow and not only being forgiven for drooling all over her but also Asuka considers her adorable and even admirable to an extent. No way she would'nt fall for that.

Mieru
NemoKuro discussion 09 Nov 12:47
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018

Those are some smooth moves from Tomoko there.

Mieru
Image Comments 07 Nov 01:12
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Pongex

Wonder what Asuka would think if she knew that she got slapped for complimenting Nemo on a nice vagina. We know she's fairly ok with Tomoko's pervyness, but just how much?

Mieru
Image Comments 07 Nov 01:10
Captura
joined Nov 3, 2018
Untitled147

Best ship. This is the cutest ship that ever came out of the fandom.