Forum › Posts by Mistress Trupin

joined Jul 24, 2018

Ooh, Kawai rou Oshi and idol manga premise again
Popular girl with otaku habits, check
Idol with hidden personality...check
Man, the more i read the more similar this seems to gal and otaku

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Feels kinda strange when I've read a yuri manga but then I find out I didn't read it here

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

TIL you can make scrambled eggs with a microwave

joined Jul 24, 2018

Maybe I'm used to web oneshots or short chapters or something, but that felt pretty long (in a good way). Kinda like the author could've split this into 3 chapters or something

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Relaire with the same expressions on claire's head is so great

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Oh man, i totally would've voted for the maid and the switch options (wish we got to see what it did tho), so I'm kinda glad they won

Mistress Trupin
Yuru Yuri discussion 01 Sep 13:50
joined Jul 24, 2018

Wow, Kyouko was smooth

Mistress Trupin
Pretender discussion 31 Aug 20:14
joined Jul 24, 2018

I'm fairly sure Kodama wrote in an afterword or something somewhere that she likes writing terrible people

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Tbh when i saw the Height gap tag, i was expecting something like itou hachi

joined Jul 24, 2018

Seems pretty short compared to their previous works. Is this not a serialised manga?

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Maybe the mom only says ugh and nn

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

That muscular cat reminded me of battle cats lol

joined Jul 24, 2018

Are aquarium dates really popular in Japan nowadays or something?

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Oh man that credit page lmao

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 7:17AM

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Feels like it's been a while since I'ce read a time travel where the person physically goes back. I wonder what her past self is up to?

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Out of all my years reading Yuri I don't think I've seen the former idol plot beat "that" many times. At least not in Yuri specifically, so personally I'm fine with it. Also I think with how being an Idol is a big dream in Japan, and there's a often major problems with being an Idol, that a former Idol narrative makes sense for a Japanese series to have. Kind of reminds of the "American Dream" not working out type of narrative in American media. Both types of narratives are still relevant in current day.

There've been a few on Dynasty recently, so I can see how it would feel like a bit of an oversaturation currently. Plus a lot of them are the same kind of "I'm an idol or just recently stopped and also I just happen to be your/your friend's favorite and oh what a coincidence that we meet and now I'm inexplicably drawn to you." Big wish fulfillment vibes rather than just treating idol as a job one of them happens to have.

It's less dealing with the nuances of modern culture and more "my mom just sold me to One Direction"

Well I've been reading all Yuri coming out on Dynasty for awhile now, and somehow I'm not recalling many series with the narrative. So it at least doesn't feel oversaturated to me. However maybe I'm wrong and somehow the narrative is in every other recent Yuri series...I just missed it or completely forgot? Seems strange to me as my memory is pretty good haha

Also this series doesn't read like Wish Fulfillment to me. Life is full of funny little coincidences, and I don't think it's unrealistic. So too each their own, I'm going to keep reading and enjoying this series.

There was one former idol in If you could see love, but otherwise I don't really remember a lot of them

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

I think we're coming up on the ending of the first light novel. Don't know how far the manga will go though.

Wait there's a LN?

I think the manga will probably stop at ch 12 considering how rushed this feels :/
Shame I really enjoyed their dynamic

The LN's up to vol 5 now, so unless the manga's plot diverges or gets cancelled somehow it'll probably still keep going

joined Jul 24, 2018

Maho has the best expressions lol

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

The survival aspect kinda reminds me of Sounan desu ka

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Maybe it's just me but it feels like a lot of series are ending recently

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

So...the end of the first volume? Nice to see the confession drama resolved in one chapter

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

On one hand, I'm glad there's progress, but on the other hand, I guess the series is over :(

joined Jul 24, 2018

Hmm, what an interesting conundrum! When does a friendship become yuri? Is handholding taking it too far?

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Ngl I'm kinda interested in Samurai and Aliens

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

The dude is somehow both extremely observant and delusional at the same time