Forum › Posts by Minalinsky

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

tfw some people would jump to the defense of a previously-incel turned probable-cheating wife-beater that regularly insulted his "lover" even before this.
but any time there's an new itou hachi manga everyone loses their shit about the gentle and noble protagonist being "disgusting" or "problematic"

really makes you thonking

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 10:36PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

fukkin cute

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I hope Aki gets a happy ending too, she deserves it.

Even if it's a decently written love triangle, I still don't like love triangles.

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 5:51PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I can count the number of slasher movies I've enjoyed on one hand and still have a middle finger left over for anyone who accuses me of internalized misogyny. There's a lot more to splatter films than '80s American drive-in schlock, e.g. splatstick like Dead Sushi (2012).

I didn't accuse anyone of anything, I said it's just a strange coincidence!
Like how Itou Hachi keeps drawing age gap loli, which is also just a series of patternless consecutive accidents, except Itou Hachi's accidents are way cooler.

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 5:49PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

That depends. When you watch those movies, are you watching because you like a good scare? Are you geeking out of the grossness of the special effects? Or are you thinking "those bitches got what's coming to them"? Edit: because if it's the last one you might be a potential ax murderer.

Yes, people only watch slasher movies because they like a good scare. The fact that when it comes to girls, those who aren't "muh purity" types have their deaths be especially graphic is a total coincidence, of course. All our good upstanding citizens wouldn't dream of wishing harm upon young girls. Of course.

In any case, I know where I stand when I read and enjoy things like this. And that (almost) anything is okay when it involves two cute girls loving each other. Almost, unless it involves of other cute girls dying.

Which this doesn't, so it's 100% ok. Better it be yuri with a cute female lolicon than a normal straight relationship.

last edited at Feb 6, 2020 4:49AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Nah, I'd bet my left arm that the guy is just scum. He is a guy that stands in the way of yuri so death is all he deserves.

^ This. Yes.

I mean, we can see objective things he's done in regards to being controlling, suspicious and callous that illustrate he's a shitty guy without needing to factor in Maki's bias for Midori.

Constant verbal abuse, asking for servile obedience, making her pregnant against her will... I don't care if it was the norm in Japan's past, no woman should have to put up with this kind of crap nowadays.

Exactly. I won't deny Midori is a fool for trying to seek "normality" and Maki's a fool for clinging onto a hopeless love for a decade or whatever (even if it's actually going to work out, probably, since fiction), but the guy's just shown himself to be, objectively speaking, walking sub-human burnable garbage.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

A really abhorrent, perverted, and pedophilic manga.

100% agree, I assume you typo'd abhorrent and meant awesome. Or amazing.

Actually, I'm not really much into the whole substitute for broken heart thing. It'd be nicer if they were focused more just on each other. But this manga's about the emotional baggage and drama so it can't be helped.

I​ don't​ mind​ that​ she​ used​ her​ as​ a​ replacement.​ But​ the​ fact​ that​ Aya is​ still​ minor​ and​ Sei​ is​ a full​y​ grown adult​ (plus, teacher).

Funny, I have the exact opposite problem

last edited at Jan 7, 2020 5:43AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Nah, I'd bet my left arm that the guy is just scum. He is a guy that stands in the way of yuri so death is all he deserves.

I mean, we can see objective things he's done in regards to being controlling, suspicious and callous that illustrate he's a shitty guy without needing to factor in Maki's bias for Midori.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 11:56PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

This guy is so bad is like he came from some Korean manwha... I mean, don't get me wrong is just that out of like 5 I've read there's like 3 of them with beyond disgusting assholes

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks manhwa are weirdly full of extremely shitty and scummy male characters. It's part of why I don't enjoy them.

I was beginning to think it was just my imagination.

last edited at Dec 22, 2019 10:05PM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I said I didn't want to derail the thread, not that I don't want a discussion. Because it got out of the point quick.

Hmm...

I don't want to open a whole discussion about it.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I don't understand how this artist can go from wholesome well written yuri, to borderline pedophilia in some cases

Have you ever considered that borderline pedophilia is well written yuri?

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 9:02AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they're not assholes about it.

Nobody said you couldn't have your opinion. I'm just asserting my right to laugh at you condescendingly, since you don't want a discussion, so that's kinda all I got to offer; sorry.

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 8:36AM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Again, you are completely missing the point, so maybe think twice of who you call retarded. It was a rhetorical question to the logic of "if you don't like something don't read it". Need more explanation than that or you still don't get it? Cause I'm really over this argument.

No, your reasoning is faulty, because forum posts don't have tags to tell me if I'm going to actually want to read it or not. Unlike, say, this manga, which is tagged Lolicon and Age Gap so you know what's coming, a riveting oneeloli age gap tale from the based goddess Itou Hachi.

So I have a proposition, that'll make both of us happy. From here on, anyone that complains about oneeloli in an Itou Hachi work tagged Lolicon or NTR in a Kodama Naoko work tagged NTR is required to start their posts with "Tags: [Uninformed] [Dumb] [Rant]."That way, your logic will hold and it will be my fault for reading said uninformed dumb rant when I knew it was an uninformed dumb rant before reading it, in the same exact way that it is those people's fault for being mad about reading a oneeloli manga tagged Lolicon from Itou Hachi. Thus, you will be correct in your currently bad analogy, and I will never have to read a stupid comment ever again in my life.

It's fucking perfect.
I am a fucking genius.

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 8:37AM

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I just wanted to state that as a non Japanese person, which I'm also sure others have thought too. I don't want to open a whole discussion about it.

Don't worry, I too am sure that people other than you talk authoritatively about things they don't understand.

last edited at Dec 16, 2019 8:07AM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Stories with a man beating his woman, are horrible tales of abuse. Stories with a woman beating her man, comedy gold. Especially in manga and anime.

Because the underlying assumption that girls are too weak to actually hurt guys physically
Which is not exactly a positive interpretation for girls either.

The relative uncommon nature of it adds to that.

last edited at Dec 12, 2019 9:38PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

What would you do if you were that colleague or schoolmate Ruki talks to, or if Otome were your friend, sister, or daughter?

Depends.
Is this hypothetical RL Riku stand-in a cute yuri dork?

The answer is incredibly important as my response to this hinges solely on that question.

last edited at Dec 12, 2019 7:05PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

It’s not that men are inherently dangerous, it’s what society turns them into by propagating those messages and expecting them to be manly

So it's not that they're born more dangerous, they're just made to be more dangerous.
That isn't at odds with what I was getting at really, which is more or less pertaining to the end result.

And I do have to draw the line of culpability somewhere when so many cling to that way of life anyhow.

last edited at Dec 12, 2019 10:37AM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I think it's like that for a lot of people. Men are seen as inherently more perverse/dangerous than women... and really that's not so much the case.

Perverse? Perhaps not more perverse. More dangerous?

Well, we don't exactly see a lot of female mass killers or husband beaters in comparison to the reverse now do we lmao.

last edited at Dec 12, 2019 8:59AM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

And exactly what "moral" advancements are being achieved by this impotent wailing about an author who's contributed a great deal more to yuri than most of her detractors likely will in their entire lives?

Can't wait for them to start calling for the removal of her works from the site because they can't keep their moral erections in their pants so we have even less yuri to enjoy. Oh wait, that already happened on the first page.

last edited at Dec 11, 2019 11:37PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I unironically and genuinely think grooming is ok if its done by a cute girl to another cute girl.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

the response of the opposing side in issues like this is mocking at the very best.

Clicks on a manga labelled lolicon
From an author who often writes her oneeloli fantasies
Surprised pikachu that it's about oneeloli
Proceeds to "stop liking what I don't like"

Mocking or ignoring are the only only appropriate reactions to this kind of behavior.

last edited at Dec 11, 2019 10:31PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Counterpoint: grooming is ok if its cute and yuri.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Itou Hachi is truly a hero of our times.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Everyone knows the real worst characters in shoujo manga are the male characters.

Minalinsky
Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Always trust a frogposter to have bad taste.