Forum › Posts by Irreleverent

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

There's gotta be a name for this trope

I've been calling it daughterfucking for a while now when describing the trope to friends, which I often do because it's so absolutely batshit wild. Why does this trope exist?

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

Acceptable.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Someone is fishing for serialization, lol. It was cute enough for going nowhere.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Pretentious critic voice The artful aspect of this yuri is how it sets up a two-step fakeout, with the reader bracing for one of two cliches (amnesia and ghost ex) depending on degree of genre savvy, and sometimes additional tension because of uncertainty over which trope is actually being sprung. And then it jukes again.

last edited at Dec 31, 2020 10:16AM

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

or, even worse, "reign it in" (what do they even think that means?)

A shift in focus towards inward control of ones subordinates or faculties in order to shore up stability and prevent unnecessary risk. (rule inwardly) Neither eggcorn has ever seemed like a terrific stretch to me since reign and rein map to basically the same metaphors, (control/authority) and I fully expect reign to be the more generally accepted spelling for both eventually.

On the actual topic, (lol) I found this honestly way more endearing than expected. I'm generally kinda exhausted and bored of maid setups but the dynamic was pleasant and the absurdity was well managed and deployed. The story's not much, but it manages to be fun.

last edited at Dec 21, 2020 11:03AM

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

Who needs to die to make this stop happening?

Irreleverent
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 09 Dec 06:11
joined Nov 27, 2017

Wow this collection took a hard turn toward deliberate unsatisfying resolutions.

joined Nov 27, 2017

"I'm reaching infinity" must be like the cringest sex line I have ever saw.

I assure you there are worse.

I've heard worse in real life lol.

last edited at Dec 8, 2020 4:31AM

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

Hitting the ground running; I'm sold on this.

last edited at Dec 3, 2020 2:13AM

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

Life, uh... Finds a way.

joined Nov 27, 2017

I was able to see a bit of the illustrations for volume 2.
https://hi-in.facebook.com/manga.anime.lightnovel.vn/posts/663583594277665/

The serie is....a yuri harem ?

That looks more like a live triangle than a harem.

joined Nov 27, 2017

This is my take in the later chapters now, but Akira can be a massive prick...

That's because she's the first of the three of them being forced to face up to what's stopping her from having the relationship she wants. The whole premise is that here's three girls careening towards a ménage à trois who all have an interpersonal shortcoming standing between them and actualizing that.

• Akira struggles with not being singularly important and facing that she needs to be able to share the spotlight.

• Rin struggles with being critically dishonest about her feelings and letting herself be vulnerable.

• Mayuki struggles with not recognizing the effects of her actions are important and impact others around her.

Akira looks bad right now because she's the only one who's actually crashed headfirst into the character development she needs. The other two still haven't hit the wall yet even if we can see they're also clearly headed for it.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

Stuck the landing. Adding it to my list I pull out whenever someone comes to me for a recommendation.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

This is just some good old fashion Shuninta fun and that might be my favorite kinda of smut. Deeply sexual while having this loviness that just straddles the line of saccharine that lets you still buy in the way that full camp struggles with.

Hyperreal on an emotional level but still weirdly grounded.

last edited at Aug 20, 2020 11:42AM

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

Lesbian All Girls School, The City State

joined Nov 27, 2017

0 to nope, I'm gone so damn fast.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

I don't think Kanon and Mikumo are exes, Mikumo just rejected Kanon's confession. Mikumo's ex is her unnamed senpai who got married.

That's correct as far as I'm aware, but fuck is that not communicated very well with how the sequences are cut together.

joined Nov 27, 2017

I really don't care for these kinds of stories that leave a build-up to romantic developements and then have any kind of satisfying resolution off screen.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

PLUS ULTRA!

Isn't that Spain's national motto? What it got to do with this chapter?

They're referencing Boku No Hero Academia that uses it as a motto in universe, and it's translated as "Go Beyond", like the title of this one shot.

I think that's about it.

last edited at Jul 1, 2020 4:49AM

Irreleverent
Image Comments 24 Jun 03:30
joined Nov 27, 2017
En-1272537869450502144

@Alice That makes plenty of sense for me. I imagine gay folks would be less susceptible to "How does the thing work" unless neither has ever experimented with their own body.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

This is not the end just yet right? Anyways this chapter was so cute and so good I like seeing them happy.. also she should’ve slap tf out of her like fr

One more chapter. I'm excited. This series was great.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

Aha Morinaga reminds me of a younger version of myself. I love her.

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

It feels weird for me to have sex with a stranger but for a sweet work of fiction it's cute.

Sometimes you just meet someone fun. Shrug I've gotten a girl's name mid makeout before, and there's a certain chaotic appeal to it.

last edited at Jun 20, 2020 4:19AM

joined Nov 27, 2017

Someone needs to teach this girl the word "Bisexual" (well whatever the japanese equivalent is)

joined Nov 27, 2017

That took an abrupt turn at sex and then swerved off the road.