Forum › Posts by S31

S31
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Jun 17:47
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I’m more curious about the series making it a point to show that drinking a Lilu’s blood grants immortality/vampirism, if the ants and Aria’s reaction were anything to go by.

Hope that doesn’t end up a red herring. Give me vampire Ichika.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

The hardworking athlete who overthinks every little thing and the gay af bulldozer who always goes full steam ahead. They suit each other very well.

Now if only we could get some more After School...

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I’ve been getting used to pretty much any possible human behavior being described as “unhealthy” in the Dynasty forums, but “thinking about how the other person in a relationship feels” is a new one on me.

Maybe it’s just me, but someone with a crippling inferiority complex does not need to be told to consider someone else’s feelings during a breakdown like this. It was just the wrong thing to say at the moment. She threw gas onto a clearly open fire, hence Kurokawa’s reaction. She can’t tell up from down with how crazy her life has gotten, and as soon as she tries to regain some kind of control, Izumi chews her out for being selfish? Bad move.

I’m not arguing that Kurokawa did the right thing, but she’s clearly got some deep seated issues, of which the inferiority complex is only one of. And telling someone to think about the trouble they’re causing other people while they’re pretty openly self loathing is really really bad. Considering someone else’s feelings is not unhealthy. But someone telling you to prioritize someone else’s feelings over your own mental health? Yeah. Not good.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I’m actually kind of glad Kuro blew up like that. Even if she is technically in the wrong, the whole “think about how they must feel” line is so tired and honestly not healthy for any relationship. Kuro can say things like “I didn’t want her to change” but in reality, she’s someone who only had the daily routine to keep her stable. Fujishiro comes in and completely destroys that routine, often for the better, but it still leads to frustration when it comes to a head like this. This explosion has been building up for a long time, and it’s cathartic to see her take some agency.

Am I reading too much into it? Perhaps. But I love how this series hasn’t turned me off yet. I’m still here for the drama. Every action a character takes has me excited to see what happens next.

S31
Image Comments 24 Apr 13:25
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
20977710_p0

This is an old ass artwork, but I’m glad to see it again

S31
Image Comments 31 Jan 01:07
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
77200567_p3

They turned Nanoha into a marketable plushie! And Fate was first in line to get her own!

S31
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

okay but the way she does it by 'demonstrating' what others would do kinda bothers it; still hot

Shiine has been pretty aggressive/on hands for a while now. Read 9 and 9.5 again, she gets pretty into it. It would bother me too if Ichika didn’t clearly consent like she does.

Funny how this is the... 2nd, 3rd Time she’s motorboated Ichika? While also going on and on about how great and sweet and cute she is? And she’s only just now putting it together that she may be in love with her? Oh yuri manga you’re so silly.

We already know Ichika has prepped for their first time together. If Ichika’s answer next chapter is anything other than “I love you too” then I will have some words for the author lol

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

i didn't particularly MIND her til this last chapter. i mean, COME ON who doesn't notice a whole CHILD in their bag??? and how the hell is she just carrying her around???? i know they mention she's light, but not THAT light

Reminds me of Remote Island Syndrome from Haruhi, where Kyon picks up his bag and says “wait, this feels about 50 pounds heavier than it should be” and it’s his little sister trying to tag along.

Fun fact, in the books he just says “you’re staying home” and she doesn’t come along. The anime let her come so they could conveniently write out the “high school freshmen get drunk” part of the story

S31
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

This is one of my favorite Romance series right now, definitely helped by Ooshima’s fantastic artwork. I find it interesting in how the two leads are presented in their relationship. Obviously both are head over heels for each other, but Shiine’s affection seems to be portrayed as an innocent attraction, constantly talking about how cute Ichika is, and how much she loves her. While Ichika notices positive traits of Shiine’s, such as her kindness and contentiousness of Ichika’s feelings. Obviously Shiine’s love is genuine, she’s constantly trying to better herself for Ichika and put Ichika’s needs before her own, but I find it interesting that it’s portrayed more as a physical attraction rather than an emotional connection.

Maybe I’m just reading too deep into it

S31
Image Comments 30 Jul 01:29
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
1046276_p0

This is an old one. Remember seeing this on Danbooru as far back as 2012.

Man this series is old :(

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Dog what

S31
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Jul 11:14
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

So far I really like Arthur. It actually makes me a little sad seeing Jirou be that cold to him, but I guess it is a yuri manga. I also love how all the vampire politics and infighting seems to go over Ichika’s head until she hears that he isn’t into girls. Man, Ichika is pretty great.

I feel like at this point it would be difficult to take the story in any direction that I wouldn’t like. All of the characters are really likable, and I’m pretty much here for any turn the story could make. Probably my second favorite on-going series, behind Adachi and Shimamura.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

It’s been a while since I read this series, I forgot how much of a darling Nekoyama is. Maybe that’s the cat lover in me coming out, but she’s seriously cute!

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Wow I liked this chapter a lot. Aging pets are never easy to come to grips with.

What I love about this chapter is that even though Shima didn’t “hear” any of Adachi’s meltdown, she still felt it. She’s way more perceptive than we gave her credit for, and seeing her in this deep, self reflective state is really nice to see. I like how she praises Gon so much, saying that it isn’t enough for her to say that she loves him, but it’s something greater than that, only to spend the rest of the chapter comparing him to Adachi. I want to see these two together again as soon as possible.

Also, that line where Shimamura says “it wouldn’t surprise me if she just said that she loved me”? Killed me. Hit me in the head. I’m reading this posthumously.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I’d find this more uncomfortable if Koguma wasn’t clearly okay with it. I mean, Hino asks her to go to the beach with her, specifically requests that they go alone, and Koguma blushes, hugs her and agrees. Even when Hino takes it too far like usual, Koguma just teases her about it and gets her to change her mind.

This girl knows what she signed up for, and while she may be embarrassed, she wouldn’t still be here at all if she didn’t reciprocate, and she’s made it pretty clear that she does.

I love it. Super cute.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

140cm is definitely very small, but after reading that title I was hoping that she’d be ~10cm. Get some real height gap in here.

S31
1 x ½ discussion 22 Mar 19:26
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

The reason I like 1x1/2 is because imo it doesn’t try to normalize the nature of a parent-child romance. The characters clearly know that this isn’t “normal”, and don’t really try and pretend that it is. But Asuka’s feelings can’t just change that easily, and Ayako is a good enough parent to treat the matter seriously and maturely, while also carrying her own personal baggage that she still has to sort out.

It’s incredibly engaging and I really want to see what the characters will do next.

S31
1 x ½ discussion 22 Mar 19:26
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

The reason I like 1x1/2 is because imo it doesn’t try to normalize the nature of a parent-child romance. The characters clearly know that this isn’t “normal”, and don’t really try and pretend that it is. But Asuka’s feelings can’t just change that easily, and Ayako is a good enough parent to treat the matter seriously and maturely, while also carrying her own personal baggage that she still has to sort out.

It’s incredibly engaging and I really want to see what the characters will do next.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I’m just appreciating the influx of more Subaru. Keep em coming!

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I loved Adachi the whole way through, but wow did I feel her in this chapter. She had a line like “I felt like a puzzle piece that doesn’t fit”. Girl. Been. There.

This may be a little personal but I’ve been in this exact situation with my best friend. Moving away across the country, we had two months before they left. Despite it making sense that we get a big group together, it always felt wrong when it wasn’t just the two of us.

And that was platonic. This girl is romantically interested.

I love her. I want her to succeed in everything she does.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Finally! More of the lewdest and sweetest Yuri couple in the world!

Lillian is like, the most powerful of power bottoms. Seeing her go all out here was really fun. Looks like Chloe had a good time too.

S31
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Feb 11:11
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

The fake out with the Go board caught me off guard lol. Great gag.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

This chapter... definitely a good one, but I’d be lying if I said this is what I wanted to happen lol. Shimamura is so hard to read, and it’s really played up here. I’m not convinced that Adachi’s rant in the last chapter wasn’t just inelegant muttering that Shima didn’t hear any of. Their reconciliation is appreciated, but I guess I was expecting more of a change in the status quo. Doesn’t really feel like that step has been taken, but it feels like it eventually will.

Also:

I've known people like this a few times and they're always such a pain in the ass. Adachi, find someone who cares about you as much as you care about them, girl.

Shimamura picked a fight with a stranger (Adachi’s mother) for Adachi’s sake. It may not be the same type of affection, but I think it’s fair to say that she cares for Adachi quite a bit.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Homura Subaru’s couples are always so romantic and sweet. Their scenarios and lewd creativity are to be admired, but what I’ll always love most is their ability to create characters that genuinely feel like they’re in love.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

It’s not Homura Subaru without lotion/milk.