Forum › Posts by Nekomancer47

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

This was really confusing, from the strange first to third person POV shift in the beginning, to all the “X hours/minutes ago” time jumps, to all the characters and their bios dumped in at the end. Really felt messy and too jumbled.

Nekomancer47
Mermaid Bay discussion 12 May 18:17
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

That was a fun little romp. I liked it!

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

I don’t know Japanese, but the author posted something on their pixiv a little while back with the date 5/25, so maybe that’s when they’re coming back from their hiatus?

I sure hope so, anyway. I need more of this fucking loner and her blue skinned, big titted demon gf in my life.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Not really “wholesome” if they’re both just using each other…

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Dayominator posted:

Can't say I'm too wildly interested in this one so far. Both female leads feel like they're gonna end up kinda shitty people to me, or they're going to try and "justify" it by making their boyfriends shitty despite their initially pleasant demeanors. I'll keep an eye on it but I don't want this to turn into a guy hate fest just for "the yuri".

I'll gladly throw all the guys under the bus if it means a happy yuri couple.

Even if the guys are genuinely decent people and the ladies are shitty, cheating assholes that try to justify every awful thing they do despite being obviously horrible people? I know you’re probably just joking around, but still.

Don’t get me wrong, I love yuri as much as anyone else here. But cheating is wrong, and an undeniably shitty thing to do, regardless of gender or sexuality. And either this story is gonna cop out and show the guys to be terrible fiancés in order to “justify” the girls cheating (which will be boring and a total cliche in these adultery themed stories), or it’s gonna keep them decent dudes, in which case the shitty, cheating ladies really will deserve each other, cuz they certainly won’t deserve those guys.

But I doubt either way it will end with a “happy” yuri couple. Cheaters are never satisfied, after all.

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Shoutout to the Chad hunter dude who gave his life so that yuri could survive.

You were a real one, my man.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Yo only a few chapters in and this is like a gay That’s So Raven meets Final Destination. I love it

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

I’m one of the people who was initially drawn to this manga by the title after seeing it first uploaded (even despite the official lack of a yuri tag), and I am SO glad I started reading it. Seriously good manga with a lot of work put in by the author (seriously, every page is full color!? Insane!), great translation, and I’ve never felt like the English title has detracted or felt unnatural or anything. If anything, it’s quite the opposite. Even the title alone is enough to clue the potential reader in on the kind of “attitude” this story has.

Whether the title’s changed or not, I don’t think it’ll make a super big difference. But I think it’s definitely for the better to keep it as it is now. If a potential reader would be so put off as to be turned away by the words “fucking” or “tits”, why waste time trying to reel them in anyways? It’s not like they’re not gonna see swear words or big honkin badonkers in even the first chapter. They’ll just drop it after a few pages when they realize how “crude” the story really is. No need to try to fix it if it isn’t broken and already advertises itself properly, right?

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 6:36PM

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Why the people is angry for a het story?

Do you go to a French restaurant to eat Chinese food?

If you go into a French restaurant and order the one Chinese meal on the menu, which is what you did by clicking on this manga, and then complain about getting the Chinese food you ordered... is it the restaurant's fault or your own?

Ok, so maybe that wasn’t the best example, but you know what I mean. This site has a focus on yuri manga, not het or whatever. There’s plenty of other places for het manga. So why have it here?

That’s like going to a forum for My Hero Academia and posting about Naruto. That’s not what people are there to see and talk about. There’s other places for that, so keep the focus on what’s relevant.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Why the people is angry for a het story?

Do you go to a French restaurant to eat Chinese food? Why would a site that hosts yuri manga have het?

Unless this is like the chicken fingers off the kids menu or something

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

mom lends money to buy textbooks
instantly reserves a prostitute

Girl has her priorities straight.

Her priorities are in no way “straight”.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

I can't get a shit about what's going on

Agreed. I’m lost worth a fuck

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Almost thought the prostitute never got naked for some reason since she’s fully dressed again like seconds after they finished

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

You know what, I just realized I don’t really like any of Mikanuji’s characters, actually. They all kind of suck now that I think about it.

The only ones that are fine are the mangaka and her editor that play games together in the other series. The rest all have this weird, unrelatable edginess to them, unrealistic drama they make for themselves, and for the most part kind of shitty attitudes/personalities that I just can’t really seem to vibe with at all.

Kinda disappointing since I like their art and do want to like their stories and characters. But even as someone who’s fine with and can enjoy flawed/“bad” characters, Mikanuji’s just don’t seem very well written to me.

As another person wrote above, it feels like Mikanuji’s just trying to be the next Kodama Naoko.

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Aggressively gay and honest

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Edit: That was just her fantasy right? if so then its not bad

Yeah, just something Yuuna was imagining.

Which is a nice moment of irony since she was telling her girlfriend earlier that there’s no reason to get scared of anything fictitious or imagined since it’s not real, yet when she imagines herself and her girlfriend in the position of the characters in the movie, she becomes terrified at even the prospect of losing her girl in such a way and realizes that fiction can indeed induce real terror.

Nekomancer47
Rough Maker discussion 21 Nov 11:54
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Haven’t even read Bloom Into You, and I kinda love this pair. Nice, relaxed dynamic, and it’s clear they’re very comfortable with each other. Almost reminds me of the two from “So you wanna go out, or...?”

last edited at Nov 21, 2020 1:17PM

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Maybe a controversial opinion, but black haired girl seems pretty damn selfish and cold hearted to me. Actively says how great it is to be with her girlfriend, yet still hangs suicide over her head so casually. Feels like that would put a ton of unfair pressure on blondie to try to keep her alive, consciously or subconsciously. Can’t imagine how draining it would be for BLONDIE to have to put up with someone constantly going like “hey, which do you think would be quicker? Noose or jumping off a building? Teehee!” Just seems generally insensitive to how she might be making blondie feel, despite supposedly caring for her.

That being said, if blondie hasn’t properly expressed how much black haired girl means to her, then maybe black haired doesn’t truly know how much she’s actually loved and valued. Maybe that would make her reconsider her stance on life and actually want to stick around a bit.

But idk, this was too short to really explore more in depth than that, I think. Would’ve liked to have seen more, looks like a thought provoking premise just nipped too early.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

would pretty much be perfect if there was no smoking

what do you have against smoking ?

I find it disgusting and it takes away from a character's value. This is just my opinion of course.

Wow. I mean, I’m not a fan of smoking either, but this seems a bit extreme to me, especially in regards to fictional characters. Not sure exactly how it “takes away from a character’s value” to have a bad habit/vice like that. There are a lot worse things that (fictional) character could be doing instead to “devalue” themselves.

To be fair though, as you said, that’s just your opinion, and that’s totally fine. I guess I’m just confused cuz I just can’t really see where you’re coming from with all this.

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t care for the art style.

Really? I think the art style is quite good actually! Maybe not the absolute greatest I’ve ever seen, but it’s nice.

Softer, rounder faces, and there’s something really expressive in the characters’ eyes and mouths. And the hair is just nice, I especially like Kokono’s hair for some reason.

It’s a bit different, but it’s nice. To each their own, though, of course.

Nekomancer47
School Zone discussion 16 Aug 19:08
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Boo-fucking-hoo.

Such a short and simple comment, yet I have never agreed with a sentiment quite so much.

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

I'm pretty at starting series on chapters that don't give away too much information. I came in at chapter 10, skimming through, wondering where the creepiness was, and thought it was some sort of SoL manga, then I got to the end and was like, "What's going on here??" That made me read chapter 11, and reread 10 all the way through and then go back to the beginning. I didn't know why they weren't talking to each other, what kind of relationship they had, or who spread their picture around. Although, I did notice the glasses girl in the background in 10 or 11.

I mean, maybe you’d be less confused if you read chronologically and started at chapter 1 instead, but you do you...

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Oh it's Neji not very found of this author

Why?

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Damn, that was a LOT of saliva! These girls be messy af

Nekomancer47
VAMPEERZ discussion 20 Jan 11:15
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Idk why, but I keep imagining Yanyan with Gilbert Gottfried's voice, like that parrot from Aladdin.

I hope you do too, now.