Forum › Posts by Pyoro

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

No sense of pacing, and the art is weirdly off. 3D program painted over or something ... ? Meh. Maybe it'll do something fun but having to resort to the "random rival girl" appears right away and the completely over-the-top-Mary-Sueness of the heroine doesn't sound promising.

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 10:35AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Very wholesome. Maybe a little light, but eh, Christmas season, I guess it fits.

Pyoro
Ikoku Nikki discussion 20 Dec 17:08
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That manga relies so much on narrative techniques unique to manga I really can't imagine that working as a live action movie ... but I agree. Any opportunity to go on about how good it is is a worthwhile opportunity to take ;)

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Oh, wow, don't tell me there's actual plot progression now ... at some point ... maybe ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That sorta thing tends to feel a bit too contrived to me. But oh well.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I like it so far, but I think the writing isn't quite as good as it could be. The effort is being made, but it's not entirely convincing to me in all the details.

Still, will be interesting to see what they get up to.

... for once I think I actually want a love rival. Not for the girlfriend though; but for female-boyfriend. That might be fun (yeah, nothing entirely new either; but still).

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm positively surprised that ended on a relatively positive note.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Those first three pages really don't belong into a scanlation release ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

So wholesomely dysfunctional this time around.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Realistically you are watching that and going "it's only halfway through the runtime, no way they are dead" ^^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Wedding vows that's a list of rules, genius idea (:

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... that title really didn't hold up for long.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That chapter seems just weird. Isn't the art off too? And it's kinda all over the place, explaining stuff here, rushing stuff there, what the heck ...

Personally I'd rather have had some serial killer barge into the mansion and murder half the cast, that would have been less obnoxious than that little sister.

Pyoro
Saki discussion 23 Oct 15:51
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The true potential was boobs all along.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

What up? My fellow OG fan. Yeah tags help people know what they're reading. It's almost like a genre section at the library. That way people can find what they like faster.

Obviously not when it keeps people being preoccupied with labels over actual content.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well people still want to know if they read a yuri series, a hetero romance, a yaoi gore drama...

For one thing, it's hardly an issue on Dynasty. For another, they can still do that. Via clicking on it and reading. Mhm. ^^

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Flaky older sister is going to go to America and they'll take care of the baby, would be my guess, normally, but here I'm not so sure ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Tags should just be gone. What people want is full on spoiler summaries for complete series anyway, and tags don't actually serve as in their function as cataloguing content anymore, so better ditch them before further devolvement. People need to be untrained from checklist reading. ^^

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

How do they get their blood supply now? Double-teaming hapless maidens in the night?

The inevitable exponential growth of vampire x maid yuri ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I still think Mitsuki's line being about Aya's love for rock/music makes zero sense. The one thing Mitsuki know for sure about Aya since the very first chapter is that she loves rock and music as much as she does.

I've also never seen any romance do that sorta "gotcha!" to the audience. Stupid misunderstandings, drunk amnesia, last-minute-cold-feet, all sorts of rubbish however plausible or not plausible, but don't think I ever saw any sort of serious author just go for a straight up troll of the audience.

So frankly don't really get the worry ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

zzZZz ... oh, we're already done with this?

Can't say I find the quality of writing in this manga very convincing ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's one of those "plug-in endings" that's unfortunately weirdly common with manga. You could have gone on with the misunderstanding another ten chapters and put those two ending chapters there. Or you could have put those ending chapters in 10 chapters earlier. It wouldn't have made an iota of difference. ^^

Pyoro
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

A timeless classic. Future archeologists will marvel at the artistry our society had achieved before the Great Cataclysm.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

How heartwarming ...
... next chapter: beating the crap out of her.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ethical usage of love potions kinda took me by surprise ...
... not sure about yet another character. We introduce a new character so we can introduce a new character? Uh.