Forum › Posts by riverFlower

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Aw it's over. A great series though!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

An epiphany in the closet is indeed ironic and fitting.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Much thanks to the artist for providing permission to translate.

(She also happens to be one of the most prolific IroYachi artists on the Chinese side.)

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Beautiful. Lovely story.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Wut. Is this premise.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Everything is better with the guidance of the goddess of lilies. (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

This is translated from Chinese, right? I noticed the word "yuri" appears several times. I wonder what word do they use in Chinese? Tangerine?

Translated from Chinese yes. The Chinese word for yuri uses the same characters as the original Japanese and has the same meaning. 百合 / Lily. Pronounced differently though, of course (bai3 he2). In the interest of localization, ironically, those were kept as "yuri".

As for that "tangerine" thing... Do not speak of that abomination.

I'm half-joking. There's nothing wrong with it inherently and "citrus" / variations of that are other Chinese slang for GL/yuri/FxF stuff. I just have a grudge against them. But anyway, the original Chinese word for the genre was literally "yuri" in that it had the same characters as the Japanese phrase and it is still the most commonly used phrase for the genre.

last edited at Sep 8, 2022 1:17AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

[A bunch of theories.]

Nice theories. Good to see some thought going into what might be happening.

riverFlower Uploader
Their Story discussion 01 Sep 21:18
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

If there's no actual source, then please stop spreading misinformation. The government as a direct entity doesn't have some grand scheme against Tanjiu specifically and in fact it was the publisher, not the government, who asked for the censoring of one kiss scene.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

What an amazing series, I'm getting such a kick out of it.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Second Evie didn't seem to know she was a demon so that must have not been in the original timeline/game...

I forget how much of this the mamhua includes, but the original novel explains that Yvonne doesn't actually know the original game that well; she was just a beta tester and she actually disliked the game personally (she was an indie gamer lol), so all she really knows is the basic storyline. It's very possible that Dahlia being a demon was revealed in a secret route or something.

Ah I always figured she knew the game like the back of her hand as she seems to know all the stuff that's supposed to trigger events and all that kind of stuff. It's been quite a while since I read the start of this so maybe Evie mentioned that stuff but I don't remember. That would have been something she mentioned I'm sure lol.

Nope, none of that background information is in the manhua right now. Only in the web novel.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Big news everyone! Please Bully Me Miss Villainess recently won a bilibili contest and will be getting a 30 SECOND ANIMATED PV!!! I can't wait to see Evie and Elsa animated on screen, even if its only for a short time.

Very exciting!

30 seconds is kinda short... I hope it's quality animation, not just talking heads. :/

It's not hand-drawn animation, but the manhua/comic pages animated. The biggest thing about this news is how Bilibili will invest enough in the series to promote it overseas, and that PBMMV was one of eight series out of all of Bilibili's manhua series to win this prize.

last edited at Aug 22, 2022 1:22AM

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

There's not sticking the landing and then there's tripping over your own feet at the end of the balance beam, somersaulting past a bunch of "moves"/information that should have been presented, and then landing flat on your back, upside-down from the judges. I've actually never felt this cheated by an ending before, maybe because it should have been easy to close.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Nope. The raw is slowly moving towards a conclusion.

riverFlower Uploader
Cotton discussion 10 Aug 16:19
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Messy and perfect for it. Sort of straddles yuri and subtext but didn't really matter here for the heart of the character's relationship. They have a nice set of complicated emotions that bash against each other. Though it is disappointing Natsuki just goes on to have a random boyfriend without any reservation and the story treats it like that's normal.

riverFlower Uploader
Shounen discussion 10 Aug 14:52
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Sort of genius how it plays with gender and sexual orientation, even casually having a trans parent to bounce those ideas off of. The transgender tag did confuse me and led me to think Hisoka was trans, but by the end it was clear she just didn't know how else to explain her feelings, which is both endearing and sad. The very final line of it being love from one girl to another really made me metaphorically squeal.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This is the type of work that makes me uncomfortable but it's not a terrible uncomfortable in this case. Since the in-universe setting already mentions it as a possibility, I, uh, do hope they break up eventually.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

GTB's physical release and merch pre-ordering started just three days ago and in two days Xian Jun had to stop the physical release pre-ordering because it was already hitting her stock amount. Not sure how many she had printed but that's amazing speed.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Read chapter one. Excellent start.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Can someone PLEASE draw a doujin of these two?

The creators are willing to do it if the Ko-fi reaches a certain amount.

Link?!

http://ko-fi.com/chise621. It's also on every credits page from ch34 onwards.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I enjoyed the tone of this work a great deal. It felt romantic, you could even say, in that subtext way. Deep feelings that aren't explicitly being expressed but are conveyed through how the character changes her evaluation of the other girl.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This story just makes me miss Tamen De Gushi even more :(. Back before he wasn't forced to cancel that series and we just get random art every once and a while I miss the actual story.

She was in no way forced to cancel the series. Whatever the reasons for not continuing to post it seriously, it was not because she was "forced" to stop.

last edited at Jul 26, 2022 5:10PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Feels like the story's heading towards a close, unless it continues into college. Very cute still how they're figuring out their future together.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Can someone PLEASE draw a doujin of these two?

The creators are willing to do it if the Ko-fi reaches a certain amount.

The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Like how the tropes get deployed and then minimized, like with the car accident thing. Just little reminders of why those tropes even exist in the first place. Not really sure how well it'll wrap up though, but just along for the ride.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The web novel notably has more lore and details.