Forum › Posts by Altair

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The Yuri of Vermeille

I can only assume, by the name and the poster, that this is some kind of steampunk parody of the Rose of Versailles. Which sounds awesome.

The lily version we always needed

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Yuri Hime editors putting this one in the February edition while twirling their mustaches.

last edited at Jan 2, 2024 5:36PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Classic converse shoes moment

Altair Uploader
Wanna Sip? discussion 29 Dec 14:15
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Inconceivable.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Every Junnanana story is a nice story.
But I wonder what is the meaning of including the first few pages about Nana going back?

It's kind of a weird way to frame the story, but I think it's just to show that Nana is really, really into Junna

This one was also sooooo good. Fluffy Junnana is life

last edited at Dec 13, 2023 6:22PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016
Lx17640-1721569488955433093-img1

I hope it's getting an English release!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Serious levels of out drinking an oni, do not try at home

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Warning: it stopped updating here, and you'll eventually have to go to mangadex for later chapters, many of which have poor translation.

Thanks for the info, especially considering I'm at the end of what's posted here. So, did the scanlator give up on the series?

The scanlation has a long and storied history. The short of it is that the main scanlator dropped all projects, including this one, then it sat in limbo while various groups picked up and sniped back and forth. Unfortunately, the quality has suffered beyond just the language issues. But hey, it's coming out consistently along with the ILTV spin-off food manga, which is a blessing!

last edited at Dec 12, 2023 8:11PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Chapter 110 seems... Different. Was Shino always this whimsical? Is she competing with Anya now?

Her mother better have been kidnapped or something.

Because if she abandoned her daughter just because she wanted to play Mahjong with the World champion, she deserves jail time.

I understand people might forget what's going with this manga because the ride has been pretty long, but I'm still surprised. It has already been revealed that Niemann, the mahjong world champion, brainwashed Shino's mother and took her away. Shino's mother doesn't even remember Shino right now.

In order to get her back, Shino will have to play and beat Niemann to lift the brainwashing. Problem is she doesn't even know Niemann is the culprit right now.

And suddenly, Kanna is in danger. I hope she doesn't get brainwashed by the floating nun champion

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This is taking sooooooo long to localize, super excited for this version

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Rivals

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016
Kbklattekbk0404-1713736426695844075-img1%20(1)

Rookie mistake!

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Tags should just be gone. What people want is full on spoiler summaries for complete series anyway, and tags don't actually serve as in their function as cataloguing content anymore, so better ditch them before further devolvement. People need to be untrained from checklist reading. ^^

Some want to know if this is actually Yuri, which is a genre. It's very normal to want to know what genre you're reading. Yuri lets you know if this involves romance or not (specifically between women). It doesn't say anything about the other outcomes or about spoilers, anymore than knowing that something is in the comedy genre spoils a film or book. I don't see anyone asking for much more beyond that.

Point of clarity! The romance tag lets readers know if it will be romance or not. There is a ton of content on the site that is yuri without being romantic. Anyone concerned with progress, or the (very outdated by this point) focus on whether or not something is yuri based on whether or not there is subtext, just needs to check if there is a romance tag. That's the tag to care about. The yuri tag is not designed to define romance, and the genre of yuri expands way beyond romance, particularly with how the genre has grown explosively in the last decade. Like, for instance, this series.

last edited at Oct 11, 2023 11:55PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Tsurugimine Kiri's big gay bathroom panic strikes again!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Happy Birthday, Junna!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Do we need a tag for the coach and nurse now?

Yes! Or they will be lost among the chapters

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

it's manga with an irregular publication. The reason why it feels rushed is because the author can't spent too much time building up a story.

so make a good story and don’t make an badly written one if your story is publicated in such an magazine!, like let’s not make excuses for the author!, if they can’t make an good manga for this type of serialization the don’t make one in the first place >.>

it's a filler manga for a magazine that suddenly lost one of its major serialization, what did you expect?

Did they lose My Cute Kitten too? Or was it just Liberty? Or one of the other series? It seems Hakamada Mera is holding down the fort right now, and it's probably not a good sign that they're reprinting Morinaga's The Secret Recipe. I hope all is well at Galette, although you won't see me complaining about Tsubomi stories being republished!

It's probably also helpful to note that Galette is a (regularly published) quarterly magazine, half indie and half commercial, and the editorial staff has little input into what the authors create unlike something like Yuri Hime. It's also the longest running yuri magazine behind Yuri Hime, so it is not a throwaway or bottom tier place to be published. (Not aiming this response at you guys, just getting the info out there)

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I think it's pretty clearly a stable time loop

What makes you say stable time loop over route hopping?

Mainly the fact that this time travel part is filling in the previously mentioned blanks in Evie's memory, which would imply that she did not have these memories because the time traveling version of her was in control at the time. That, and as we are seeing right now, she's also laying the groundwork for Elsa going for her instead of any of the original male love interests, explaining this particular already seen change in the story's direction.

Ohhh, that's my mistake on describing the idea. The theory is that the other Elsa is route hopping away from a bad end route to this one and is initiating the time loop in this route to avoid a bad end. And I wasn't sure if that was a common or the running theory

Any chance this demon is the future nun? This at least seems like the setup for the orphanage, so Dorothea might show up if that isn't her

last edited at Sep 25, 2023 1:17AM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I haven't checked the older comments, but do we just have two distinct sets of amnesiac commenters? I seem to remember as we were wrapping up the previous arc that the tone of the comments was that the Big Fantasy Plot was getting out of hand, convoluted, and causing tonal whiplash with the fluffy romance elements.

I remember pointing out, with glee, that this arc was just going to be an excuse for fluff and a break from said Big Fantasy Plot. Pertinent at the time was someone pointing out that this whole manhua has always been at odds with itself regarding the plot and the fluff. How are readers not already used to the way this comic is structured?

I think it's pretty clearly a stable time loop

What makes you say stable time loop over route hopping? I'm asking honestly because it isn't something I was ever paying attention to on first read and it's been a while. Since it was from a Chinese reader, I also kinda assumed maybe it was the standard interpretation among people reading the raws.

And an actual catnip plot would be fun! It's a mild hallucinogenic, so cats go kinda nuts on it. Not exactly as portrayed here.

last edited at Sep 11, 2023 1:18PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ohhhhh damn, we have a half-finished shinoba scan, I wonder where it's at. Let me see if the crew wants to collaborate!

Edit: Lmao, nevermind it was this one. Congrats on the release!

Thank you for your group's past work! I don't think we would've picked this one up if it weren't for The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri's releases.

Woo, that's exciting! Looking forward to all your future work!!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ohhhhh damn, we have a half-finished shinoba scan, I wonder where it's at. Let me see if the crew wants to collaborate!

Edit: Lmao, nevermind it was this one. Congrats on the release!

last edited at Aug 31, 2023 9:02PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

There is no God or Buddha, only Reimari

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Apparently, the pose on the final page is known as "Yuri Cosmic Symbol" 百合太極図

Oh, huh. I didn't realize that was a thing, and yet now i realize I've seen it dozens of times. Weird.

The Utena pose, as it's known colloquially

Also for the curious, I think that the box Aya pulled out is a Marshall Emberton II Bluetooth speaker. The grille doesn't quite match, but it's the model with that big fat single button on top.

I had no idea Marshall did Bluetooth speakers, and damn they're expensive

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hang on does Suletta have permet scars on her dick

I wish I could say that was up to interpretation. But I can't. Because it's not, and she does. We'll file that under headcannons I didn't need to see.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

前面的篇章中王子,女仆以及艾莎都有这段童年回忆,但是伊芳没有。这个篇章收束了前面的伏笔,并不是伊芳忘记了,而是在这之前,这段经历是不存在的。这段经历并不是幻境,而是黑艾莎用魔法确确实实的将伊芳传送到了过去,改变了过去。黑艾莎是未来的艾莎,之所以要这样做必定是经历了惨痛的未来,因而回到过去,改变这个结局。这个badend大概是因为系统吧。话说回来,王子和艾莎又为什么能够一直记得呢。

Rather than spoilers, I think they're theorizing that the reason Yvonne can't remember these events is because they're being created as she's living them now because the other Elsa appears to be coming from a bad end route. That the events did not exist in our route prior to this point. If Google translate is accurate.

My guess would just be that because this current route is a good end route, then the time travel happened already and was effective? And it's still likely that young Yvonne does not keep her memories from when she was possessed(?) by future Yvonne.

But if other Elsa is route hopping, that makes for interesting possibilities too

I'm also thinking the silver vine gag is going to be silly rather than inappropriate, if it ends up acting like catnip

last edited at Aug 28, 2023 2:29PM