joined Nov 24, 2016

Aaagnst tag please

Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

It's missing a page between 13 and 14

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

I'm still relatively new to Touhou so there's some stuff I don't understand. Am I correct in assuming that the person who looked like Marisa wasn't actually her and that her daughter was Marisa? Or are they somehow both Marisa?

Don't worry. I don't think any of us Touhou veterans were meant to understand it either. It feels purposefully opaque as some of its doujins are want to do.

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

Just...
Ya know what? No.

joined Nov 24, 2016

That was nice

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

My chickens love it when I give them my scraps from Popeyes

joined Nov 24, 2016

First world problems

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

well that escalated quickly

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

To the people that do not understand what an AU is, its an alternate reality. This series, like the other three (Kannazuki No Miko, Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora, and Zettai Shoujo Seiiki Amnesian) are stand alone series.
You do not have to read or watch any of the previous series to understand what is going on in this one, because the mangaka always explains the core plot of each and every series.

I have read and watched the previous series, and let me tell you all one thing, the only series I recommend you guys watch is Kannazuki no Miko and I actually recommend you guys watch it dubbed as the VAs are actually pretty amazing. Himeko has the VA of popular characters such as Hinata from Naruto/Orihime from Bleach, Chikane also has a superb VA, Rukia from Bleach. I honestly prefer the dub over the sub.
Yes, the mecha battles are crap, but the rest isn't all that bad.

I am liking the premise of this one thus far. No mecha battles, yet, and Chikane is not worthless here. All the recycled characters like Souma, muscle dude, and maybe even Tsubasa (Souma's brother in KnM) seem to have gotten a genderbend, which is fucking awesome cus that means more yuri for us. The art is so much better too. Not messy at all compared to the Mangaka's previous works.

My only complain is the fast pacing. Wish he would make it longer and let us enjoy the time the girls spend together and watch how their relationship is being built, even if its fake.

Yes, the dub is very good and is the main reason I still love their english VA's(still need to get Michelle Ruff's autograph for my KnM poster so that I'll have the both). The only gripe is leaving off the "chan" from Chikane-chan. Would add that Himeko/Hinata/Orihime's VA is also the redubbed Sailor Moon and Chikane/Rukia is also Yoko Littner and Luna from Sailor Moon.
I would also recommend the original KnM manga as it has a very different flavor than the anime that it spawned, though the scanlations have varying translation quality and I don't think you can find the official release anymore (my copies are over 10 years old).

I still love this series so much even after all these years.

last edited at Apr 21, 2021 1:12AM

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

I'm torn between making a "Its Love" Homura speech joke, or a Team Rocket joke.

I'm pretty sure Homura-chan just blasted off in many ways. :)

joined Nov 24, 2016

Trouble in paradise

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

Aw. I wanted more lescest. :(

joined Nov 24, 2016

And that's what happens when you don't read Asimov

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

Is anyone getting Twilight vibes? Like Jacob and Renesmee creepy I'm gonna marry this baby when they're older vibes??
Just me?? Ok...

Not really. The mitigating factor for me is the notion of the kid being the initiator rather than that creepy "imprinting" on the literal baby that is going to have accelerated growth into an adult "We're destined to be together!" thing.

These are going more with "WTF?! My crush's kid has a thing for me!"

last edited at Mar 12, 2021 9:06PM

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

So basically, Reimu has reincarnated and is now a clutz and age-old youkai Marisa is waxing all nostalgic.
Works for me :)

i need more cool youkai magician Marisa!

Agreed. :)
It's like if Marisa fused with Yukari

joined Nov 24, 2016

that hit me harder than I thought it would
oof right in the feels

last edited at Feb 24, 2021 4:53PM

Yukari Yakumo
joined Nov 24, 2016

F********************************************************
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

joined Nov 24, 2016

seriously tho i loved this series so much. it really was an easy introduction. sign me up. im sold. bring on the poly yuri.

inb4 sequel titled "An In-depth Manual to Advanced Love Triangles (To Get into College!)"

fuck. i want this so bad.

Indeed. Yet another series ends when the relationship begins.

joined Nov 24, 2016

well that escalated

Yukari Yakumo
Misaki discussion 18 Jan 11:26
joined Nov 24, 2016

I've heard a similar legend to this exists in I think the Phillipines, except it was that it would be your worst most hated enemy
I like this version better

Yukari Yakumo
Vow discussion 23 Nov 15:53
joined Nov 24, 2016

God I'm awesome. :)

Yukari Yakumo
Oniai! discussion 25 Oct 15:54
joined Nov 24, 2016

...But why though?