Forum › Posts by Suosiki

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

bubbleteabird posted:

sighs i knew i should have downloaded this
btw this whole incident makes me wonder if any other yuri authors featured on here know about this site

Probably not. If they did, they all would requested removing their work from site.

I wonder about that. Honestly, I would be flattered if someone in Japan translated my work to Japanese, as long as they were still crediting me for the original.

Still, we have to respect the authors' wishes, no authors no yuri.

Suosiki
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Nanoha's report on when she was so lonely, she visited a lesbian establishment.

Suosiki
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

"I'm here to kiss girls and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum."

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

I'd be more freaked out about sucking up dirty aquarium water than an indirect kiss!

This was a nice surprise. The artstyle reminds me of Bloom Into You a little bit.

Suosiki
Touma-kun discussion 25 Mar 03:53
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Rebound-chan is pretty slick.

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Cleaner Remove dirty foreign text from page.

It might be better to rephrase this, as it could be interpreted in an offensive way. :/ I don't, but a friend was checking out the forums the other day and left with a really negative impression.

Suosiki
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

That awkward moment when you return to your town expecting Yaoi, but Yuri happens instead.

"Wait, you were a girl? And I was one too?"

Suosiki
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone in real life? I guess it could, it just seems so unlikely. But I see it all the time in manga which makes me wonder if it's actually a thing in Japan.

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Since we're sharing music, here's a few of my current favourite songs:

Helios - Convinium
C418 - Cliffside Hinson
DJ Okawari - Chocolate

C418 is really good stuff, thanks!

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

I will never understand why people complain about something they could just avoid in the first place. Don't want to see trans? Don't read things tagged with trans.

Anyway, this is really nice, and no translation needed. :3

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

themusicman500, your high school friends sound super cold. :/ If it helps, I didn't go back to college until I was in my thirties. And if you take that path, you'll probably meet people closer to your own level of maturity.

Suosiki
Anime season 02 Jan 04:57
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

less live action! GUNNM need new anime!! at least 50eps.

I <3 GUNNM so much. Fingers crossed that the movie won't be terrible.

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

I'm actually a fan of Goa/psytrance, but yeah everyone I know just thinks it's really weird. Really want to go to a psytrance festival at some point but it seems like a pretty niche thing in the US, and the ones that do exist all seem to involve camping out in the woods which I'm really not down for.

Do people in Tokyo get as wasted as Americans tend to do over NYE? The few times I've gone out for NYE here I found the level of overall drunkenness way too extreme for me to enjoy myself.

I'd like to know the answer to that too, but I feel like Tokyo is too big for any easy generalizations, you know? I didn't see anyone falling down drunk when I went out raving, at least. If there was anything other than alcohol people kept it to themselves. (I live in SoCal which is... um, less discreet)

IDK, I think being outdoors and in nature is a big part of the festival experience, but I agree that some creature comforts are important. I didn't go but ZNA looked great last year, lots of classic psy/goa artists and a beautiful setting.

If it's OK to plug here, I compiled an album a couple of years ago that you might find interesting.

last edited at Jan 2, 2018 4:46AM

Suosiki
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

I’m glad I’m not the only one blown away by the mom helping ooh my god, I can’t even imagine how that conversation went

"It's a nice book, dear, but don't you think this Eli girl is a bit of a pillow princess? Why, back in my day..."

last edited at Jan 2, 2018 4:50AM

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Is anyone else here into EDM/raves?

Yes, but I am a snobby snobby snob, so I like styles of EDM few have ever heard of. But I love 90s techno music, Suomisaundi and Goa.

Last year I had the privilege to visit Tokyo. The culture of staying out until the first train on the weekend means that the city is friendly to all-night dancing. I'm sober and have experienced the "busted party" too many times (I'm American), so I appreciated that.

Suosiki
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

So these are the dark secrets of Book Off.

Suosiki
Is this a gay website? 26 Jul 12:42
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

FAKE AND GAY!

Please guys tell me how to make her less gay.

have you tried kissing her

That sounds gay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjGolrmbk9s

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

The story was just OK but woooow, that cover art. <3 Gorgeous.

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

I forgot how much I love Kids in the Hall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqNT-I6B1M4

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

Onee-chan, I've become your manager. Shall we get married?

Suosiki
Dark Widow discussion 30 Apr 01:20
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

I'm getting a strong Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san vibe from this.

Will there be a follow-up?

Suosiki
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

And I don't think any lesbian would want a penis, even if it's a woman who owns the penis, because that is not how lesbian works. A lot already have problem with toys. Maybe you actually mean Pansexuals, not Lesbians.

There's a good post on the Gender Analysis blog that talks about this very issue.

Heather: The purpose of identifying as a lesbian is to give people around me a shorthand introduction to the social aspects of my sexual orientation. When I say I am a lesbian, then my friends won’t try to set me up with guys, men (hopefully) will know that I don’t intend to date them, and people will generally understand that I fit into a demographic of people who are financially and socially marginalized and only recently gained equal marriage rights. These are useful tidbits of information that differentiate me from my heterosexual peers in ways that let them know what to expect and when it might be a good idea to exercise sensitivity. It’s even more useful when I’m looking for romantic and sexual partners. Calling myself bi or pansexual as I’m often expected to do would complicate the usefulness of this shorthand. I am interested in women and only women. An omnisexual identity does not describe me.

About some lesbians dating trans men... there are historical reasons for that, many people we would now call trans men first identified as butch and belonged to the butch community. I might think of it as bi and not lesbian, but it's ultimately their and their partner's business how they identify and not mine.

Otherwise, what Vivian said.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 1:40AM

Suosiki
Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

http://scrubdiving.thecomicseries.com/

Lesbian main couple in a light sci-fi setting. Mostly about their relationship and body modifications/chronic illnesses of the near future. And diving. Lots and lots of diving. I really enjoyed this strange series.

last edited at Apr 18, 2017 5:11PM