Forum › Posts by Koveras

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Very cathartic chapter. "Power couple" is the only way to describe them. :-)

Also, I no longer think that the Witch is future!Elsa. She has shown her face to Evie and she didn't recognize her, so it must be someone else. My bet is on Olivia, based solely on the shape of her hair (even if the color doesn't match).

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The series does so much right, it's amazing.

Yeah, "pussy" would be an awful safe word.

Ah, that's what it was about. :D On the down side, we've never learned what Asumi's safeword is...

Hopefully this is where she meets Mai so we can have some real drama.

Who was this Mai, again?..

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I can't believe we deserved such quality shitposting.

We did not. The fact that we still got it made my day. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Every H artist ever lmao

I mean, we've all been there.

...right?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

where?

I also want to know. For a friend who does science. >__>

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

A palate cleanser after Throw Away the Suit Together. >__>

I haven’t read it yet, but what do you mean by “palate cleanser?”

Throw... is another manga by keyyan, whose ending was quite depressing, at least to me. This is the first new keyyan manga I have read after that one, and since it is so wholesome and sweet, it has somewhat restored my good spirits. :-)

last edited at Mar 30, 2024 4:29AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

A palate cleanser after Throw Away the Suit Together. >__>

last edited at Mar 29, 2024 7:23PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I swear if by "a little more time" she means more than a chapter, imma flip some tables.

Like so many inexperienced people, Liao seems to think that dating is an all-or-nothing proposition: you are either friends, or you spend every second with each other having kinky BDSM sex in furry costumes 24/7. It does not occur to her that a romantic relationships between adults involve highly non-linear negotiations of boundaries, just like every other relationship with adults she has navigated thus far in her life...

I think she's more worried that a relationship breakup could be scarring enough to make returning as friends impossible. That's a reasonable and pretty common worry. It's just a bit overused in these types of stories but I guess for good reason.

Yeah, breakups can be real bad, but my point is that if you two are adults with functioning frontal lobes, ease into the relationship little by little to see how much you're comfortable with, and understand that if one doesn't feel comfortable, you pull back a step and stay at that level of intimacy. Again, Liao's problem is that she sees dating and breaking up as 0s and 1s, whereas it's really a continuum. In fact, I think that Pei Yu actually understands that, so it's really all on Liao's insecurities in this case.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I swear if by "a little more time" she means more than a chapter, imma flip some tables.

Like so many inexperienced people, Liao seems to think that dating is an all-or-nothing proposition: you are either friends, or you spend every second with each other having kinky BDSM sex in furry costumes 24/7. It does not occur to her that a romantic relationships between adults involve highly non-linear negotiations of boundaries, just like every other relationship with adults she has navigated thus far in her life...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Horniness grants you superpowers to defy laws of physics, like that of universal gravitation. Noted.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Has the manga been removed from the site?

She keeps getting more bandages and marks as the story progresses, but the then suddenly she loses almost all of them. In the later pages, the undershirt which covered her neck is gone, and all that's left under is a mark on her neck and collarbone.

I have interpreted that as a sign that she has not been attending school for so long, her injuries have had time to heal. While that's good from in a physical health sense, it also signifies an ever increasing alienation, which is ruinous to mental health. While the lack of bandages can be interpreted as Yura having already killed herself by that point in the story, and Koma hallucinating her appearance, I do not think that nobody actually commits suicide in this manga: Yura threatens it the whole time, but we do not know if she actually goes through with it, as the story ends just before her final decision.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I don't really understand the last few pages. What does Yura (?) mean on page 41 when she tells Koma that "she's not her problem" and "she's being looked down on". Why is she calling her a coward when the train doors are closing ?

Koma and Yura are childhood friends, but Yura didn't get into the same high school as Koma, and is bullied by her new classmates, with no one to stand up for her. The bullying gets worse and worse, to the point where Yura stutters more and more and can no longer attend school. Yura sends increasingly frantic signals to Koma that she needs urgent help throughout the year, but Koma is too comfortable with her own legitimately good high school life to intervene. Instead of helping her friend with her problems, she just wants them to go away on their own, while simultaneously bottling up her feelings for Yura. In the end, Yura basically says, come with me or I will drown myself, and Koma is still unable to bring herself to reach out to her, because even acknowledging that her friend is suicidal would demolish any illusion of a proper high school life she wants so badly. The seawater IMO represents Koma's feeling of helplessness, rather than outright depression.

It's quite a common story, unfortunately. For example, a lot of folks don't accept that climate change is real and think that if they believe in the good old ways hard enough, all the excess CO2 will just go away on its own. I believe that climate change comparison was very much intended by the author, or they wouldn't chosen to highlight that particular end of the world scenario in the opening scene.

last edited at Mar 24, 2024 5:28PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I honestly have never looked at a human person and gone "Wow, she's just like a cat." Or "He reminds me of a puppy!" But I see this all the time in manga. Maybe all these manga characters have more imagination than me...

really? ive been called a puppy half my life lol

Yeah, its typically an energy and personality thing.

Plot twist: @beeaggro is actually a 4-year old shiba inu. >__>

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Man, Kazura's flashbacks trigger me something fierce. Never taught socialization skills -> repeated traumatic rejection by peers -> prolonged isolation -> slavish devotion to the first person to reach out -> hypersensitivity to rejection & readiness to go to extreme lengths to avoid it -> maladaptive survival mechanisms -> full-blown quiet borderline personality disorder (QBPD). Yup, yup, effing familiar ground.

last edited at Mar 24, 2024 4:25AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

We're so fucking back

IMO this is where we were supposed to be 7 years and 36 chapters ago. >__>

last edited at Mar 22, 2024 12:08PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Did.... Did that woman really just kill a kitten by smacking it into her child's face really hard??? Jesus Christ that's over the top.

I think that, by Newton's third law, it would maim the child's face, as well, and an aspiring emperor is supposed to be physically perfect, according to Chinese tradition. My impression was that she slammed the kitten against the wall, albeit so close to the emperor's face, that its blood splashed on it.

But I agree that this is over the top, and the woman needs to pay for this act of wanton felinicide.

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 7:38PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That twist ending, tho. O__o On a related note, how far along is that book of yours, man?

It's finished. So far not much luck publishing it though.

Fingers crossed over here, then. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yup, yup, that old adage that overreach is fine and dandy as long as you are the one doing it, rather than the one it's done to. :-)

Well. On the looking at each other's phone question I guess I'm a bit of an outlier.
My wife lets me look at her phone because she has nothing to hide, doesn't do social media, and anyway whenever she needs to do something different with it or fix something or figure out if some message is phishing, I'm her tech support.
I also don't do social media and have nothing terribly important to hide, but I can't let my wife see my phone because I don't have a phone.

That twist ending, tho. O__o On a related note, how far along is that book of yours, man?

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 8:29AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Tantai Lan, how can you constantly be so insanely cool ?! Well, gotta admit, she also dodged a bullet destined for herself right there with Qi Nian's silly idea. But it's almost symbolic how the general is constantly acting in the shadows to thwart the empress dowager's plans and support all of her victims.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is Tantai Lan's specific role in the court, and why she has been hanging around the palace ever since the Emperor's wedding so much. Since she is a military officer, rather than a career courtier, she is somewhat shielded from courtly intrigue, making it easier for her to act under the Dowager's nose.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I feel there is some kind of Reversal going on in this chapter. Is it finally Aya's time to be perilously smooth?

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hmm? Who took a photo of kid Qin Mi and teen Nan Zhi on the bench eating ice pops?

Qin Mi's sister?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

the thing with time travel is
you cant overthink it
just roll with it and see what happens

Surely you mean "roll and see what will have had to have happened"?

Koveras
Flavorful discussion 14 Mar 09:42
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Just according to keikaku." OMG rotflmao

This is a Chinese manhua, but it has such a Japanese manga vibe...

The power of memes knows no border.

Forget Esperanto: internet memes are the actual universal language of the post-modern world.

last edited at Mar 14, 2024 9:43AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chitose says she doesn't eat humans, but doesn't she turn them into water-dwelling creatures, somehow?

Also, this is the last manga I had expected Communism in, but here we are. :-)

last edited at Mar 14, 2024 9:41AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

OK, chapter 116 was seriously the most heartfelt dialogue scene I've read in a while. I was a bit concerned when Mian's red-coded psychosis flared up, but then the purple drowned it out in the final lines and made the chapter perfect.

I think the story is entering the final arc at this point, and I am pretty sure it will not have a happy ending, but this one chapter makes the pain later worth it.