Forum › Posts by thranduilion

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 09 Oct 15:00
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Hullo!

How's life been treating y'all? Northeastern 'Murica isn't loving this weird fall weather what's with Matthew looming.

thranduilion
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Is it Sumin's car? (it looks similar to the car she driving to the hospital to see the chairman) well whoever it is, it may imply that in the next chapter the person will interact with Sungji?

Oh yes, it is Sumin's car. Didn't notice that she was driving a black car. But it could also be a different car that's similar to Sumin's. They might interact with Sungji, or not. Let's just hope whoever that is is not up to anything bad.

I also assume she was actually killed. And is that mole guy really her son or nah?

It's very possible that Seju's mother was murdered. The mole guy did mention that it looks like she was strangled to death. Judging from the mole guy's age, and that Seju's mother slept with him, I don't think the mole guy is her son.

Plot twist! Maybe mole guy did sleep with Seju's mom, so he's Seju's real dad. The chairman didn't know about this so he assumed that Seju was his child? (or they didn't sleep together but they had a moment where it makes him feel responsible to look after Seju...) so many possibilties

Wow I disappeared for, what, two months and this series turned into Fruits Basket?

thranduilion
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Smooth, lady killer. Smooth criminal.

thranduilion
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

And so that's what melancholy does to you (and to this manhwa): you're still in the same place.

I was expecting a better pacing. /:

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Reminds me of that Love Wing episode where Eli was approached by scouts. Twice.

thranduilion
BiBi x Pink discussion 27 Jul 20:22
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

And don't worry Nicocchi, Jolno is about to turn 31 ;)

Nah, she ages backward. Belated hapiba, Nan-chan!

thranduilion
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

What's with all the rage towards this manga? I understand where it's coming from, but I'm sure narrative isn't why readers started reading it. Or at least that's my case.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 18 Jul 18:24
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

I wish they offer vitual marriage license to virtual couples hahaha. And i wish virtual children can be included as dependents in your tax return filings.

Last summer in Japan there was a robot wedding. Like, two robots saying "I do." For real.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 14 Jul 10:20
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Dear elthundercat (and other DMV-bound folks),

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/animezing-mobile-suit-gundam-i-registration-25937056434

Three viewings of classic Gundam (AC series): July 28, Aug 5, Aug 12.

My clique don't want no boys; my clique want giant space robots. Let's meet up!

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 14 Jul 03:09
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Hopefully you were able to put some sense into her head.

Lol, why did u bring sense here, waifu? Ahaha..

As for Kitkat, she's still married to Llama. She's not moving anywhere hahah.

The word key here is "still"...
I like it xD We should celebrate it...

thranduilion
I m still curious on the subject u teach. What is it? If I may know. Btw, i still find it difficult to type yr name. I will shorten yr name into TD. Eheeemmm i m waiting for the day Elthundercat n u bump to each other.. xD

Fiction writing. ;)

Most people in the Tolkien fandom use the nickname "Thrandy" for Thranduil. The suffix -ion just means "son of', so call me Legolas. :D

last edited at Jul 14, 2016 3:14AM

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 13 Jul 13:42
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Rainy365 That I understand. Thank you! :)

elthundercat Bump me (innocently)! I'm in for a talk over coffee or beer.

Im down what side of the city are you in?

Yay! NW, between Columbia Heights and lower Petworth.

We might live near each other; I'm about three minute walk from Petworth station. Lol I'll post my email when we happen to be on the thread at the same time sounds like a good plan no? Lol

We are neighbors indeed! I'm usually OL around this time or verrry late (I'm a night owl).

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 12 Jul 07:28
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Im down what side of the city are you in?

Yay! NW, between Columbia Heights and lower Petworth.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 11 Jul 21:07
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 10 Jul 21:53
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Martian
Where did u go, sista? where did u go for long holiday?

Tsundere Waifu
Lol.. u ate spicy noodles again?

thranduilion
Wooww its cool to be a teacher..
What subject? Btw, can u speak Javanese or Indonesian well?

I understand and speak the Indonesian spoken in Jakarta pretty well (I think) but expect lot of pauses and self-correction and limited exposure to the slang, haha. I only understand a little of everyday Javanese (the "rough" variant) and can't speak it.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 10 Jul 00:25
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Martian Def will check my local grocery for that cakalang variant!

mvl89 Thank god for noodles! Gochugaru & gochujang is a staple for me. But see, this is one thing that DC lacks: K-town. I even have to make my own banchan whenever the craving kicks' haha.

Rainy365 Sort of. :)

last edited at Jul 10, 2016 12:26AM

thranduilion
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

MacySan

Exactly. Complication is not complexity. Sumin/Sungji can be complex without being complicated by Seju.

That, or I'm just a picky, whiny reader. :D

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 09 Jul 01:29
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

mvl89 I actually trained a little bit to be a ramen chef, haha. Then life happened and dreams had to reroute. And yep, whenever I'm abroad or find an international grocery store I'll go to their noodles department and check stuff. So far haven't got any poisoning case, yay! :D

Also, this website is my bible: http://www.theramenrater.com/

Rainy365 Alright, I haven't tried the first three on the pic. Cabe ijo is green chilies? As in, super hot, right? (I'm a fan of hot food, too!) I know rendang but not Medan rendang. Aaand it took me a while to google what cakalang is, too, haha.

I would kill for that mie goreng JUMBO right now.

last edited at Jul 9, 2016 1:33AM

thranduilion
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Well to me it sounds like they mean that Seju was there in order to create a conflict between Sumin and Sungji, without them arguing directly.
Also
"Now that the situation of the Sumin<->Sungji love line is very clear,
Sumin<->Sungji (Seju)
The issue of what Sumin should do to not let Sungji become Seju's, this also feels like the most important thing."

Probably meant Sungji do no let Sumin become Seju's. Preety much confirms TeamBlonde ending, plus we will see a new side of Sungji.
Meh

Thank you for sharing, ShizukaAoki! Since I don't have an FB this is really informative.

MacySan Seconded. It's not a triangle if one of the characters are established merely to disturb the order. A good writer can do triangulation with only two characters if their baggage is explored (not necessarily a love interest), as Tobias Wolff said, "Two people are a triangle waiting to happen." At this point, I'm hoping for a miracle that none of Sungji-Sumin-Seju ends up with one another.

last edited at Jul 8, 2016 8:09PM

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 08 Jul 02:07
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Rainy365 I think I've tried every flavor of Indomie out there, unless there are new ones. My favorite is the original "Indomie goreng." Nothing compares!

Alvis Sakuramen? In Adams Morgan? Great pork bun, less impressive ramen, imho. :P

And by now I've disclosed myself as a noodles person, haha.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 06 Jul 09:26
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

And i already put tasty Indonesian instant noodle on dinner table, but u didnt eat it.. too bad.. Dx

Indomie? Still my all time favorite Indonesian food.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 05 Jul 21:47
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

@thranduilion

Oh, you're from DC? I love that place. Definitely one of my favorite places in the US. I love how clean their subway stations are compared to NYC and how clean their city is in general. Plus the ethnic food is reallyyyy delicious~

Well, not really from DC but it's where I live now. :) The District sure has its charm here and there, but this year we have a citywide Metro overhaul since they've been ignoring its problems for the last 30 years. Do you have a favorite food or eating place here? We've just had a food truck festival last month and I think I've got enough carbs to last me seven lifetimes.

mvl89 /grandma sighs/

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 05 Jul 11:57
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

To fellow 'Muricans, Happy 4th!

Rain or shine, fireworks forth!

Where are you from again? Not sure if you have mentioned. For sure tonight, i will be hearing lots of loud noises from the sky.

If I haven't introduced myself, greetings from DC! The District sure is ready to brace the rain and fireworks.

Are you watching the fireworks right now? I can here them from my room.

Yep, just got home. Hope you had fun!

Haha. I did not go out to watch the state fireworks. Not sure if sleeping considered fun but i did for just stayingt tight inside. I'm glad to hear you had fun watching it.

Do you live in DC as well? I usually avoided crowd this big, but my aunt's family was visiting and wanted to see the fireworks so yeah. NatMall. groaaan Last year it was just holing up in my friend's apt and stuffing our mouths with burgers and beer, haha.

I live in Minnesota, a few states away from you.
I have not gone to see the fireworks for over a decade now I think. It's just too much. Don't wanna have to deal with the busy roads. They also moved where the place they usually had the fireworks.to another smaller city. So, no fireworks for me forever. Even if i have kids, it is still no. Hahaha.

I feel you. A few first time, fine. The novelty wears off for us, I guess. Is that a sign of getting older? I think for me it is, haha. Also, I love the view but not the noise. Oh, and common sense says no dogs. :(

Rainy Wait until you have them in every public place on every holiday. Bleargh.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 05 Jul 09:20
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Where are you from again? Not sure if you have mentioned. For sure tonight, i will be hearing lots of loud noises from the sky.

If I haven't introduced myself, greetings from DC! The District sure is ready to brace the rain and fireworks.

Haha. I did not go out to watch the state fireworks. Not sure if sleeping considered fun but i did for just stayingt tight inside. I'm glad to hear you had fun watching it.

Do you live in DC as well? I usually avoided crowd this big, but my aunt's family was visiting and wanted to see the fireworks so yeah. NatMall. /groaaan/ Last year it was just holing up in my friend's apt and stuffing our mouths with burgers and beer, haha.

last edited at Jul 5, 2016 11:52AM

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Very honest assessment.

thranduilion
WDTFS fans - off topic 05 Jul 00:47
Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016