Forum › Posts by TransHomura

joined Apr 26, 2016

So uh Mogu and Koto. They gonna hook the latter up with Mei?

joined Apr 26, 2016

Nya-chan posted:

Gaaaaay.

Anyway, Akira is so self-centered, it hurts.

Can't she think that Hime's behavior or preference may not have relations to her own predicaments?

It's a kinda understandable assumption to make considering how frequently Hime's actions have been related to Akira being transgender in the first place.

Yes but it's like we don't get any of Akira's struggles or perspectives.

joined Apr 26, 2016

KangaNoodles posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kanojo_ni_naritai_kimi_to_boku_ch27#12
Hime: ....................... shaves all hair off head

Soccer Senpai: Wow, how did you know I have a fetish for skinheads?
Hime: moves to Australia

Soccer senpai: I love nazi Bogans
(Skinheads are bald guys who are nazi's)
Also Akira why why why

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 12:53PM

joined Apr 26, 2016

The issue is that Akira in particular feels like a prop for Hime to grow rather than a full character. Like the amount of screen time she has got is so much lower.

Well, Hime is the protagonist. I get why that might be a sore point for some people, but it has clearly been the plan from the beginning. I wouldn't say Akira's a prop, so much as she's a supporting character. The story so far seems to be about Hime sorting out her feelings for Akira, realizing that she's gay as it gets, and that loving Akira romantically doesn't mean denying her gender.

Yeah but I got the impression they'd be costars think Tetsuou and Amano from Yuureitou (the former is trans and both get equal screen time)

joined Apr 26, 2016

The issue is that Akira in particular feels like a prop for Hime to grow rather than a full character. Like the amount of screen time she has got is so much lower.

last edited at Aug 20, 2019 4:33PM

joined Apr 26, 2016

TransHomura posted:

Akira is a plot device not a character.

And that somehow makes it better?

Worse

joined Apr 26, 2016

Akira is a plot device not a character. Like when does she ever make a move towrds getting this guy she likes to notice her. Why is she not asking Hime about her feelings. Even if she's str8 doesn't mean that you can ignore her feelings towards her

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

Tbh I'm surprised cause those phones and clothes look old

joined Apr 26, 2016

Does any one else not like Akira or is it just me? I don't know why really, I just don't, kinda feels like a weak character, maybe.

You can't give a transgirl initiative in a series meant for cis people, they won't feel sympathetic unless she weak, traditionally feminine and fragile.

Actual trans girls walk around like they own the place while waving communist flags so yeah. Honestly though Hime has way more lines as opposed to Akira making it about cis adapting to trans rather than about trans

joined Apr 26, 2016

mogumo trying to dissociate their way through the entire conversation by playing yugioh is a mood and a half

They totally play Subterror

joined Apr 26, 2016

Aww wish Mogumo explained what being agender is but take time they barely know gay and binary trans. Though why translate as he when Mogumo would likely use they

To be fair, this is something that is only an issue in translation, though it shows up in that they aren't sure whether to say "Mogumo-kun" (masculine) or "Mogumo-chan" (feminine). Pronouns are not exactly gendered in Japanese, and are rarely used anyways. You might refer to someone as "kare" (which is literally almost like guy/dude/bro but can be used as he/him in reference to a person) or "kanojo" (fem version) in some contexts, but you can always substitute their name naturally where English leans heavy on pronouns.

I don't particularly like translating (so I don't do it as a hobby) but in cases like this there is a lot of context, and some of the nuance is not always exactly the same between English and Japanese.

Yeah, I know it was a translation decision, I just think it was a bad one. It actually violates the canon of the story, we have seen how Mogumo reacts to being called boy, Mogumo would not like their boyfriend to use those pronouns.
This
Tetsu side note I'm glad he's out of the closet

joined Apr 26, 2016

Aww wish Mogumo explained what being agender is but take time they barely know gay and binary trans. Though why translate as he when Mogumo would likely use they

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 9:47PM

joined Apr 26, 2016

And thus Vivio became all those things plus a lesbian wife. Truly following in her gay moms

TransHomura
Their Story discussion 02 Jul 13:14
joined Apr 26, 2016

Person made 2 posts and joined today, looks like we got a troll yuris. Also estrogen came in red pills why else would 2 TRANS WOMEN use that term in the matrix

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 1:16PM

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

So if they are pure why allow lesbian sex

joined Apr 26, 2016

One thing that Akira might not know is that you can like girls and be trans. seriously people dont know that

joined Apr 26, 2016

Vivio: hey sweetie you were god tier

joined Apr 26, 2016

So does Ten chan like Tetsu's sister?
Hope he does? Mei should go and bang Mogu's cis lesbian frined

joined Apr 26, 2016

This feels like something that needs to be talked about. Like it needs to be made clear to Akira that Hime's not straight. And Akira needs to talk to her by best friend about her troubles

Yeah I do think Hime needs to say that she's a lesbian and that she likes Akira. Even if the latter is straight it can't move forward otherwise

joined Apr 26, 2016

Isn't Mogumo the protag though?

I'm ashamed to admit that while I was contemplating whether I should read this I assumed Tetsu was the protagonist, because he's the only character on the cover who isn't josou, and he has the most generic design. I really shouldn't argue about a manga I'm not reading though.

He's Mogumo's boyfriend and manager but Mogumo is still the lead with most conflict centered on them

joined Apr 26, 2016

Interesting. It's the first cis lesbian of this story. Now, that's someone I can identify with.

She ought to be the MC.

You're being kinda transphobic there bud, you have a TON of other stories to choose from if you really want that

I'm guessing they meant making the cis lesbian character the protagonist instead of Tetsu, a cis guy (at least I think he is)? Maybe poorly phrased but I don't think it was transphobic...

Isn't Mogumo the protag though?

joined Apr 26, 2016

Mogumo you precious angel. I can't tell tbh if the writer is trying to eventually have them become a binary girl or not. Kotone tbh should get set up with Mei but meh.

joined Apr 26, 2016

Hope she confesses to Akira soon. You got this lesbian

joined Apr 26, 2016

Akira might grt a girl

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

Its like Steven Universe, but without shit artstyle, lazy animation, annoying characters or lame fight scenes. : D

Literally the only thing they have in common is that the characters are sentient humanoid gem-based life forms?

Blame the US marketing trying to equate the two