Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Goodbye Shiho, don't let the door hit you on your way out

joined Feb 19, 2016

Based and orange-pilled tag

joined Feb 19, 2016

From the title and from how it started I thought it would be a bit darker. But it turned out a little bit silly and a little bit sweet. I could see this being a short series.

Yeah, I half expected Yamada to be the one making throwaway hater accounts just to be able to turn around and comfort Nina on her main or in person

joined Feb 19, 2016

Why are young female sovereigns in manga (and other stories) always called princesses? She's wearing the crown, so she should be queen.
I know it doesn't change anything, but this constant missnomer is really vexing!
Please stop belittling our cute female totalitarian rulers!

Historically, some Kingdoms have had laws against having Queens rule, but when there's been no male heir to take over the throne a female heir has been appointed to prevent in-fighting. I know there are historical examples of female "kings" (I think it was in Denmark? One of the nordic countries), but I could also see a state simply retaining her title as "Princess" because the rules only say it can't be a "Queen".

joined Feb 19, 2016

Is there a specific reason blacklist tags are limited to only five? I feel like I have to juggle exactly what five I have to properly filter what content I see, and even then there's some stuff that won't get filtered regardless of how I finagle things

joined Feb 19, 2016

Is this going to be the "we mean love in two different ways" kind of thing? Ruriko has seemed to geniunely have romantic feelings for Kurumi, but sort of hides them behind her platonic feelings, whereas Kurumi seems to mostly feel platonically for Ruriko. I could see Ruriko misinterpretting that "I love you (platonic)" as an "I love you (romantic)", leading to her accidentally revealing her romantic feelings on purpose, acting more like an actual couple than just two friends who got married for legal benefits

joined Feb 19, 2016

And then they scummed all over the place, queue credits.

"What are we, some sort of Scummy Gap Students Squad?"

My favorite part of "Scummy Gap Student" was when Scum-chan said "It's scumming time" and then scummed all over those gap students

joined Feb 19, 2016

more cuck'd you actually die

joined Feb 19, 2016

The art style and writing remind me a lot of Yatosaki Haru. It's a nice and relaxing vibe. Hopefully Ruriko will get friends along with her girlfriend lol.

I didn't check the mangaka before clicking this and assumed it was one of theirs by the art style.

This seems nice and cozy

joined Feb 19, 2016

How many more volumes until this arc wraps itself up? I feel like I started reading one manga, a cutesy couple's life manga about a musician lacking confidence and her kouhai who helps spur her on to move forward with what she loves, but after about a volume or so the mangaka decided to turn it into a completely different one, except sometimes they write a chapter or two or even just a scene for that first manga. I thought the Shiho arc was gonna be like, a volume-long rivalry arc but it's just absolutely taken over this entire series and ruined a lot of the potential. Any time another major character is introduced I'll be rolling my eyes anticipating them taking over the show for several volumes and only giving me the manga I was initially promised once in a blue moon.

I just want the fucking manga that released in volume one back

joined Feb 19, 2016

Agony. Suffering, even.

joined Feb 19, 2016

Dynasty Scans don't defend female rapists where you wouldn't defend male rapists challenge (Impossible)

joined Feb 19, 2016

you can hear the gears grinding together in Oosawa's head

Caku
joined Feb 19, 2016
Nuinuinuinuinuiandryuko

Wow, this brings me back
RyuNui forever

joined Feb 19, 2016

Wow really, four years? I'm sad to see this go, but glad we got such a good ending... anime when

joined Feb 19, 2016

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one feeling like Rinne is being a massive ableist

joined Feb 19, 2016

MC-kun gives me big demi vibes

joined Feb 19, 2016

yes, more of that please, less Shiho

joined Feb 19, 2016

Yes, manga publisher? One serialization, please

joined Feb 19, 2016

That uncle is what I aspire to one day look like

joined Feb 19, 2016

Reading the comments I'm getting a lot of allos mad Yuriko's aro/ace characterization was maintained and respected rather than being "cured" (I literally cannot think of a better word to use) of her aceness and realizing romantic feelings for Matoi.

I'm just glad they didn't really use it as a major source of drama or as something to be "fixed", which I'm only now really seeing is a... worryingly common trope... hmm...

Also ace QP relationship between two girls is still yuri cry about it

joined Feb 19, 2016

That felt a bit abrupt, but I'm mostly happy to see a manga representing acespec in such a wholesome, understanding way. While it does feel weird they don't live in the same apartment together (that's just wasteful monetarily imo), I'm glad they stuck to their queer-platonic relationship.

The only thing that really leaves a sour taste in my mouth is where we left Rio. I had personally kind of hoped for an acespec QP/Poly sort of... thingy? for the three of them

joined Feb 19, 2016

Whilst I keep on losing hope to see them get together, that was a pretty cute friendship confession (or whatever you may call it)!
I feel damn bad for Rio, however.

I'm honestly glad they're respecting Yuri's characterization as full aro/ace so far

I do feel bad for Rio, I kind of hope Matoi's romantic feelings move her way while retaining the really nice QP relationship she and Yuri have going on

joined Feb 19, 2016

Asexuals and/or aromantic people sometimes get into whats called a queer platonic relationship, or qtp for short. It's somewhat between a friendship and a romantic relationship where sex or kissing doesn't neccisarliy have to happen, though It varies from individual to individual.

Pretty sure this is where the story is leaning towards.

That... Sounds like BF to me... Call me stubborn or something along the lines but im putting my brain to work to find the place where that qpr could exist while being different and a more than a BF relationship and less than a romantic relationship and i cant find it, else the deciding factor could be the sexual aspect but... I still dont understand how that works and im reaaaallly trying

(TL;DR for the below, it's a term that exists because it can be used to describe relationships that don't usually get given much of society's brain-space.)

This is basically the way I expect most people to react to the idea so don't worry about it too much if it just doesn't ever make sense. It might just be something that's impossible to grasp if it's not something you intuitively understand....

My sister is aro/ace and I myself am demi, and everything you said sounds spot on to how she's described having a QP relationship to me (she's the one who really helped introduce me to the ace spectrum), so I'd say you did a damn good job explaining it.