Forum › Posts by jsrail

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

I love Yumeka's eyes. They just draw me in. (no pun intented)

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

Have to say I don't know anything about vtubers or what they are but I thought it was a cute fluff piece that I enjoyed. My only critique would be that sometimes Kana's eyes and face looks real odd, almost demonic, but the rest of her and the dialogue helps out. Maybe if she could not make her look so fierce.

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

If you like hate sex, here you go. Not my bag, I had enough violence when I was a child, this kind of stuff makes me physically ill.

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

I just love Itou's works. I think this story is left best right where it stopped, it brought out a few points to consider but it leaves the reader to mull them over and come to their own conclusions. I have only recently been made aware of her earlier works, but am glad they are being posted here. I would love to get her autograph and talk when we get over to Japan on vacation in a couple years, but my Japanese is through translation which is not very good I'm told and I don't k ow how her english is. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be looking for manga and merch to buy!

jsrail
Cynical Dog discussion 02 Sep 23:33
joined Feb 8, 2016

Too boring and repetitive. I guess I also can't stand it when people let themselves be treated like manure just to keep from being lonely. The art is average. Maybe I'm just cynical! I'll let you know as soon as I pry the sticks out of my eye sockets!

joined Feb 8, 2016

I really love this story. I hope it continues to get translated and updated here. The artwork is very good as well.

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

I would hope the story gets better from here. The art is okay, not great, but many times a good story can make that a mute point. This storyline is all over the place, she follows Anna to America but after a hook-up in a mixer with a guy, Saki doesn't know if she can love Anna like Anna loves her, what is up with that? Is she an on/off codependent or just an idiot? Why isn't she talking with Anna about her troubles? She follows Anna to America, then cheats on her, is the hetero sex before she's with Anna, too difficult to follow. Love the Octave reference! This manga makes me want to throw my tablet out of the window!

joined Feb 8, 2016

@DatYuriAddict: I so agree with you. There is never a mention of sex, never any inappropriate touching, and yet some of these same people seem to have no problem with the type of bdsm that is basically sexual abuse and listed as a mental disorder by noted psychiatric medical journals (of course I'm not talking about fluffy handcuffs and feather ticklers)! As soon as I come across something that bothers me, I close it and read another story. If I think something is really bad I may email the administrators, but that's it. I think Itou Hachi's stories tend to have a lot of emotion and underlying love and caring in them. I live in the U.S. which brags about its religiosity and yet has a huge amount of sex crimes every year (most from family and the church) and yet Japan, where I believe Hachi-sensei hails from has a very, very low ratio of sex crimes per capita of any developed nation. Some people need to get kicked off their high horse as we say and clean up your own house before poking fingers at others'!

jsrail
1 x ½ discussion 24 Aug 03:11
joined Feb 8, 2016

I wish Taiyaki-sensei the best of luck on her rest and redo. As others have mentioned, I have seen this happen many times in fan fiction where the redo dies in infancy. But I would like to put my trust in her and patiently await what comes. Though disabled and on a small fixed income, I hope to participate in funding assistance when she starts up again.
Does anyone know if she reads or takes email/messages from fans in english? It is almost impossible for me to find places to send fan supporting messages to many mangakas I am fans of as I don't know the Japanese language, but always buy the English versions when they are for sale here in the U.S. Twitter and most fan sites are always in Japanese and though I translate the webpage into English, I have tried to use Google and Microsoft translation programs to send messages but have no way to know if they are even read and some have told me that those are junk apps, yet have no other suggestions. I would like some of the self-published mangakas to know that there are English only speakers that always try to support them and do enjoy their work.
I personally have no problem with incest in Manga above certain age limits and not rape (if it is not to my taste I just don't read it) nor do I irl as long as all parties can and do legally consent (irl you cannot consent if you are not of legal age within the laws of that country or reasonableness, i.e. NOT reasonable are some country laws allowing 13 year olds to marry is what I'm getting at). Those of you who decry the Japanese culture for producing such forms of works for many years, ought to take a close look at the fact that they have historically had an extremely low sex crime rate per capita than most developed nations. My country of the U.S. tries to flaunt it's religious purity crap and we have huge amounts of sex crimes in this country. Not saying this should be all that shapes one's opinion, just check out some stats on things sometimes and you might be shocked. It amazes me how righteous some people act around these types of works, but say nothing about the children who die in Africa of starvation every 4 or 5 minutes, I believe.
Anyway, if Taiyaki-sensei were to read this I would wish her to know I enjoy her work very much, her art is good and the storyline is compelling and interesting to read, bringing different emotions at different times. Thank you ma'am.
Jay

joined Feb 8, 2016

This is going to seem odd coming from me.......but I liked it! Angsty, but it turned out all good.

joined Feb 8, 2016

There is no love here, just a pathetic codependent relationship that pretends at love. They both need professional help. Or they are doomed to constantly repeat this same mistake be it the other or with someone new.

jsrail
Image Comments 06 Jul 10:54
joined Feb 8, 2016
B7b3-rbcaaagmkf

It matter to me if the animal eats worked or not, just so that they loved me to touch and rub them and scratch around the base. Heavenly............

jsrail
Image Comments 06 Jul 10:51
joined Feb 8, 2016
20275793_p0

I thought it was stated by the author of SM that Michiru and Haruka were indeed a couple, it is just the U.S. censors that made them cousins and changed their names. They are my fav SM couple and just picked up their latest figurines!

joined Feb 8, 2016

I never understood how someone in a sense forced themselves onto, sucking your blood, no different than rape, than the person violated is supposed to fall in love with their "rapist" and live happily ever after. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Whether the teacher tricked her into biting her or not, it was not done with consent, therefore, no different than rape. This whole love the "rapist" idea, I think, is personally sickening for someone to see that as enjoyment, but there are a lot of sick people in the world. Now if the girl had been told and given the choice to be bitten or not (without adverse consequences if she refused) and she chose to be bitten, than it's a whole different matter and a great love story could be written from there.

jsrail
Mercy discussion 04 Jul 00:29
joined Feb 8, 2016

I have the feeling the artist is new, so the art needs some practice, but who of us can say we could even come close to drawing even half as good? So some slack on the art is warranted. The story line was fantastic! Very well thought out and planned. It was worth the art to read the story. Kudos!

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

Suzuki is a piece of trash trying to interject herself into other's relationship which is a horrible thing to do. It matters not whether it was really Towada (I think a rushed ending or last second author change trying to throw readers off and make something good out of something bad) or Haruka, she does basically exactly what her classmates tell Towada and that makes her a conniving b&$ch who deserved the distain Towada gave her. And then to think she had the right to kiss Towada after all that just heightens the problem. The age gap does not have to be a problem for Towada and Haruka, I've seen it succeed as often as fail, and same age is no guarantee of greater chance at success. Maybe it is different in Japan, I can only speak from experience in America. There was 4.5 years difference between my first fiancee and I (she was older) in early college years which isn't that far from high school, so I fail to see any reason why Towada and Haruka couldn't be a successful couple, they seem to be very happy together. Love triangles occur because one person can suck it up that they lose. Plain and simple, and does not give them the right to screw with the couple's relationship, just give up and move on.

last edited at Jul 1, 2020 9:38PM

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

Not best of the 3 stories, but I really love this couple and think they are just adorable. I have to agree with some of the comments here on the ridiculousness of the supposed binding job, so unrealistic its pitiful, and jumping to conclusions based on outlandish things her friends said m.j instead of approaching Ai herself. But I still love these two.

joined Feb 8, 2016

Can't see this as a happy ending unless you're both psychopaths, which, yes, you both are psychopaths! I guess I just don't understand how people get their rocks off reading this kind of stuff. I read it once cause I didn't know what it was going to be like. But just look at American society as a whole and that will answer that question!

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

You can tell Eto is careless, cause even with everything she is told she believes she will be the Queen's "one." And going into polyamory relationships don't seem to make sense based on her the fact the fact her girlfriend was getting distant. In polyamory in this scenario she is one of thousands of potential, why would she be okay with that? My poly friend says she's in a poly cause that's always how she believed, she doesn't see how you go from wanting a one-on-one to poly on a whim. But the storyline was too predictable for me, though the art was fairly good. The hat was the best part, though so was Arge until they pawned off Yama in her cause can't have the queen mix with the brown people...so predictable.

joined Feb 8, 2016

"There is one thing I am worried about though." And that's ToeJam, Yuck!!!
Is this just a one shot? I just love her work and am always hoping for more.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I like her stories, especially Suzu and Lady Suiren! I'm not into harems or reverse harems so I'll have wait and see how this one goes. Looks like she has other characters but I don't see any here and someone noted a fan translation but the link goes back to Yuki and the Authoress posted here. Boy, wish I could read Japanese or be able to set up a company overseas to translate and sell to english markets. Even giving the original artists good percentage of profits would be nice to do. I just think there is a really good yuri market outside asian that would buy these works if a legal way could be set up. But she is a very mangaka and I'd loved to see more of her stuff translated, I'd even paid regular money for it. Oops, I'm starting to repeat myself......

joined Feb 8, 2016

It's the loving that keeps on giving! That Mochi Au Lait has one awesome sense of humor. Incest is an issue with complex parts to it so I won't go into my opinion other than to say if certain things can be addressed between the parties and responsibilities taken, I am generally in favor in partners having the right to it. But whether you are for or against same sex (and wh wouldn't you be dammit!!) or incest, they have a way of just constantly making you roll on the floor splitting your guts open laughing!

jsrail
Yamitsuki discussion 22 Jun 11:06
joined Feb 8, 2016

What's happened out there Mochi? Never pictured Mochi joining the freak show band wagon. To each their own. I never understood the appeal since they are so far from reality and the characters have to be so stupid as to never heard of police, school authorities, etc. They do not scare me, it's just that the person getting harrassed is so lame you almost want them to be hassled because they have no brains in their heads, but I can't because the minute I start to enjoy someone getting tortured like this girl, is when I lose my humanity.

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

Is this finished, cause I hope not! Take is the best.

jsrail
joined Feb 8, 2016

Didn't like NTR a lot and didn't like this one either, zero for two! I guess these are just not my style. lol

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 5:11AM