Forum › Posts by Moondrag

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

That went from wholesome to depressing as fuck real quick

Pretty much this cause OW MY HEART

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

YES YES YES YES

Also to comment on Shiho: As a character she feels like she's JUST here to create drama rather then being a part of the story.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Fully admit, I'm gonna be dropping it but not for revolution/politics storyline that I'm pretty certain that people previous in the thread gave more praise then to the main character's relationship but uh

Not the author comparing incest to a sexual orientation lmaoooo

yeah that

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Regarding the entire incest thing, from what I know, incest isn't as big of a taboo in Japan as in the West. It is, of course still not normal but not as strictly condemned as over here, so maybe Inori has a different attitude because of that?

I should note that yes it is a taboo in Japan...but annoying, this is a major issue with Japan and their "Purity" thing. If you have seen series were people who are cousins or sibling-in-law hook up, I think that's them trying to have their cake and eat it as well.

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

...you know what, with how this manga is: All way for the 4-way at this point!

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Btw uh...I don't wear glasses but even I think forcefully making someone put on glasses like that is a VERY bad idea, and this could have been really sad. (this is still really cute though.)

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

My only takeaway from chapter 13 is that her shirt says "tribadism" and I find that funny.
Why do I read this series?

Trainwreck I guess cause my god I just noticed the hands and YIKES. Page 10 and 11 are the worst about them...also I kinda love that Yukiko's sister use to be a big ass smug player.

last edited at Oct 19, 2021 7:42PM

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

And I notice the goof on page 102 whoops (these two are so cute)

last edited at Oct 18, 2021 6:53AM

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

This development was not well-received by many readers. In fact it's been called one of the worst endings ever.

That's a fucking understatement cause good god how did they get there?!

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I think it's safe to say that Shiho has some severe control issues...

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

This chapter is pretty darn good...also Merina is really damn hateable, I'm impressed.

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

The face on page 2...my god that's not well drawn...

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

...huh. I just noticed that on page 7, Senpai has a kid like bag...then looking at the later pages in the past, she has the same bag. Either A: It's just to let the reader know "Yes these are the same person" or B: Things are gonna get more complicated.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Welp. This series died as it lived: Good ideas, poor execution, and a tone that wasn't stable. Also man I...I honestly forget what the point of Subaru was beyond another character added to the mix.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I...I dunno with this manga any more. Somehow this is the 14th chapter and it feels like nothing has happened.

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Tbh, I was kinda expecting the senpais to die, and Noel did appear in a couple of chapters before so not surprised about that one...that last page though, didn't see that one coming.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Also they go a lot more into Rei later and basically the entire series is intended to be a lot more metaphorical for coming out in Japan and the absolutely shit gay people get treated like in Japan

That would be great...if it wasn't for Shador posting that major spoiler twist that somehow makes this a entire sci-fi story with gods, clones, and timeloops kinda making the message pretty damn pointless cause they retroactively changed that...and I don't believe that was the intention of the writer considering that spoiler was written years later afterwards. In the context of the story anyway. Obviously in real life yeah Japan has major freaking issues.

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 11:16AM

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Warning! Serious spoilers here!
The MC is not actually Oohashi Rei, she only thinks she is. The original Rei is basically a god that administers humanity, but she is going to try and kill everyone very soon, because her love for Claire is wearing off. Because of that, an AI that Claire created in the first Timeloop made a bunch of copies of Rei in an attempt to ceate a replacement administrator. The MC is the best of this copies and as such was put in this place at the star of the timeloop. This is also why some Rei look-a-likes will appear in the future. They are failed copies of the OG Rei that were given a place in the world.

Ok uh...all I can start off is: What kind of bullshit fanfic bad writing is that?! Doesn't that ruin the ENTIRE point of this series in that it's a Isekai based on a (Fictional for us) game where the main character wants to romance the Villainess character instead of any of the boys? EDIT: Annnnd I just noticed you mentioned "copies", "Claire making AI", and "timeloops"...when did this turn into a Sci-fi story? On another note

Oh yes, it's still a central theme. It's just that the main pairing narrative arc is more or less finished, so the romantic elements take a backseat in plot-heavy chapters.

Doesn't that mean the entire point of this series is pretty much secondary to the world instead? What's the point of the main viewpoint (Main character isekai'd to romance Villainess) if they are just in the end gonna focus more on the world and leave the main characters's relationship to be sidelined?

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 10:45AM

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Insta-Drama! Just open the cork and watch the drama unfold! (I still love reading Neji's manga though)

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I'm mixed on this right now...also: Holy crap the necks. One of the color pages at the end of chapter 1 is a perfect example.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Yeah this manga went from cozy love to over the top scenes to just...ugh. Also it might be me or is the art really bad in this chapter?

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Wow uh...what the fuck

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

oh for the love of- feeling bad about the bad thing doesn't mean you can just do it again.

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Speaking of that DMC reference: She even gets impaled on her own weapon just like Dante in almost every game! It must be a DMC reference.

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Something I kinda realized: Yuki was the butt of so many jokes thoughtout the entire manga that her Drama Mom appearing feels kinda...a little too late?