Forum › Posts by aelfgahr

aelfgahr
After 9 discussion 14 Jan 15:06
joined Aug 15, 2015

Coworkers dating is a huge no-no . In a manga it works out however the writer wants but in real life it never turns out like this . ( work life is home life and vice versa) Although my situation really isn't too much better lol seeing how both me and my fiancee are the owners of the company .

Although I have no experience in such relationship, I've come to believe that it is nearly impossible to separate love and work as whatever happens on one side always affect the other.

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

I was always curious about how lame this would get but I think this Chapter 4 has dealt a finishing blow. I think I'll stop myself from reading anymore of this.

aelfgahr
Age 15 discussion 01 Jan 08:20
joined Aug 15, 2015

While those fetishes may explain Yoshino's "bitchness," I would expect her partner to enjoy it, not having a broken heart for 4 chapters straight.

last edited at Jan 1, 2016 8:25AM

aelfgahr
Age 15 discussion 31 Dec 11:35
joined Aug 15, 2015

I must say the whole crotch sniffing is the biggest mystery of this series. I still think that can be replaced with a hug and hair sniffing and the story would still be okay as it is but less confusing. Still trying to wrap my head around why the author prefers the crotch sniffing, which audiences can't relate or understand.

On Pg115 where she goes facesitting and say "welcome home," that image is just wrong. It is suppose to be dramatic and heartwarming. But with the whole crotch sniffing thing... it's just not working.

Finally, the scene with Yoshino.... that's just f***ed up. You just don't go that far then tell your partner to get lost like that. >.>

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

but it doesn't feel like it. There has been more male characters introduced than females.

The male characters so far serve as an evidence that Sato is incredibly an attractive girl that many people of her opposite gender find difficult not to lay their eyes off of her. However, their numbers have no value in judging whether the story is about a yuri (female/female) relationship or not. And the significance in that is that all the men that are shown have been rejected to prove that the main character, Sato, herself have a significant other that she cannot return their admiration.

Also their relationship doesn't even feel believably yuri to me. Sato seems like she loves her like a little sister, because she hardly had a reaction when Shio kissed her.

Sato's thought process so far has been clear that she is in fact in love with the little girl, Shio, who has been identified as the only thing that matters to Sato in previous 2 chapters, and that Sato would literally go to hell with her true love. Last I check, no one would use such rationalization for a sisterly relationship.

And you can't really judge a facial reaction. It can mean anything. Such as a husband is surprise when his wife asks if he has been cheating on her. His surprise can mean either it really is the truth, or he is surprise that his wife asks an absurd question.
In art, a facial reaction is even more evasive. It can also be an error in artist's perception of human facial response.

Although her reaction can be true, and that so we know not much of what Shio thinks. It is possible that the little girl may not have any feeling for Sato at all. But Sato's feeling on the other hand should be clear by now that she indeed, without a doubt, romantically loves Shio.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 5:56AM

joined Aug 15, 2015

I didn't see my Marisa under the tree??? I better go back and check :D

Well, that depends. Have you been naughty or nice this previous 360 days?

joined Aug 15, 2015

Cute drawings.

aelfgahr
Image Comments 25 Dec 17:12
joined Aug 15, 2015
M&d3

No, that's the face of someone scheming what she can do while someone is sleeping.

aelfgahr
Image Comments 25 Dec 17:08
joined Aug 15, 2015
54213632_p0

^ It's a trap!!

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

Note that majority of inmates who committed violent crimes are psychologically sane, AKA - 'normal' people. The fact that others call these inmates "crazy" is to deny the fact that such healthy minded just like themselves can committed such ugly acts. Such as the fact almost every mass shooting are committed by someone with guns. But only one, which is recently in a certain college in USA, is related to mental disorder.

She killed an innocent person for their house. I doubt anyone who finds a boy in their boss's locker would leave him there (assuming she did leave him there). Blackmailing everyone who threatens her? More reasonable than most, but that is on the fence of rational depending on who you ask and how much moral fiber they have.

Not true, "yet." What we know from the story so far is that there is a skeleton in her closet. What we do not know is: was she really the murderer, and who is the skeleton and how is it relates to her. While we know she is capable of doing anything, it does not mean that she has indeed done it. It could be the loli who is the murderer but lost memory, and MC is trying cover it so the loli can remain innocent and loving her, etc.

Blackmailing people who threatened her is a very good justification for her action. It is as good as stabbing a guy who hold a gun over your head. The fact she is blackmailing is so she can keep low profile and avoid any involvement with law enforcers because of a skeleton in her closet.

PS: Ha x10, Hollywood.
PSS: Guess what? Sociopaths and serial killers can use rational reasoning and I'd say they are pretty disturbed.

Yeah, you learned that is how serial killers work from Hollywood and other media. From psych text book, I know these type of people are impulsive. They do because of a certain emotion rather than reason and rationalization. The recent mass shooting with mental disturbed is because he was being rejected by people around him for so long, the anger builds up and he "exploded."

Logic isn't always reasonable, kids.
PSSS: I said my piece on the matter, so I doubt I'll even be back to continue this. Agree to disagree if you feel strongly on the subject.

It's not really "agree to disagree" when you criticized me by calling me "a kid" like that. Using Agree to disagree in this situation is pretty much a hit and run. You come up to me with your criticism and ran away to block yourself from any counter argument, and that is a cowardice move.

What I tried to do was to give you some second thought so you do not quickly jump conclusion about the main character who may not be mentally disturbed like you believed her to be and so that you can stay open minded just in case you wish to continue reading this series.

last edited at Dec 25, 2015 5:07PM

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

Shio could be the most fucked up of them all xD

Yep, loli are the biggest devil of manga. In this case, Shio can pretty much mind control Sato to do anything.

Real horrors do not come from the monster, but from the person so mentally twisted that they can function well in society. . .at this point I don't think Sato is even just Yandere. She might have an actual disorder...

Nope, just because someone is crazy, out of ordinary, and has potential of murdering someone does not necessarily mean they have some form of disorder. What you have seen so far is Sato's rationalizing of her affection. She is finding the meanings of her love by comparing the feelings and actions of the other "psychos" and most of her actions so far is to safeguard the well being of her relationship. Sato (so far) does not act because there is an impulse that makes her wanting to do so. She is doing because there is a rational reason behind it which I do not think a "mentally twisted" mind can do, regardless of what Hollywood and other media have been telling you.

In any case, I was a bit reluctant with the first chapter. But since the story goes deep into the MC's emotion and logic, I am quite intrigue to see more of this story.

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

Saw 2 naked women underwater

-> Expecting to see mermaids sex

-> Thought this is going to be a unique and mind blowing moment of my life

-> this is going to be the biggest break through of yuri imagination!!

-> 2 women went on land and turn to normal human

-> banging my head with disappointment. Q.Q

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 10:53PM

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

As a community where yuri nerds gather, I suggest we have some clarification on this matter of what is yuri and such.

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

I find Mira's works are becoming pointless to expect for anything except good art. Moreover, his/her "out of the blue" scenario has been far overused.

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

To add my opinion to the discussion of yuri and shoujo ai - As far as I understand:
Yuri can bluntly be described as lesbianism which involve more than one characters romantically and/or sexually attract because of their female gender.
Shoujo Ai, on the other hand, is a theme which centered around a strong relationship between two or more females character. By "strong relationship," this does not necessarily indicate that members of relationships are romantically or sexually involved. It can simply just mean a very strong/powerful friendship. So even if the two characters in this series are constantly kissing but absolutely have no romantic or sexual feeling toward one another, this would be shoujo ai, and not count as lesbianism or yuri.

As for the series itself:
I am a bit torn. I enjoy it so far for its comedic relief and creativity. However, it does not seem that there will be a "serious" plot or conflict which I have not seen for a while in the yuri genre.

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

Now I'm curious to see what sort of idiocy is going to happen next chapter.

aelfgahr
Lily Love discussion 13 Nov 08:15
joined Aug 15, 2015

My impression of Ch11: "how typical... The world need 21st Century Shakespeare to add something new to the romance genre. The whole 3rd lover is getting redundant and annoying."

last edited at Nov 13, 2015 8:17AM

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

And I'm on I-want-explicit-detail-of-whatever-happen-under-that-light-on-or-off faction.

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

...Feel like the artist is being lazy. He's seem just drawing big boobs to attract attention... other than that I can't find anything appealing in this chapter, neither in the story nor the art.

Hardly lazy. He's into big boobs, so he drew big boobs. It's his personal interest. May as well complain that a yuri fan draws yuri for attention.

Well, I am aware of the artist's taste. However, compared to his previous works like the Dragon maid or that one romance between a recluse awkward guy and an ojou sama, this first chapter does not show any content of where the series is going. Plus something about the art seem lacking, it is why I feel like he is just adding those breasts for attention but not caring about the overall aesthetic.

last edited at Oct 13, 2015 11:41PM

aelfgahr
joined Aug 15, 2015

...Feel like the artist is being lazy. He's seem just drawing big boobs to attract attention... other than that I can't find anything appealing in this chapter, neither in the story nor the art.

joined Aug 15, 2015

Mermaids go fishing for dinner... kinda reminds me of a story about a birdman goes to KFC for lunch.
It as fishy as it gets.

joined Aug 15, 2015

It's "too fast" if you were expecting a series about the pursuit of a gay love or not. The way I see it, it's about Minato's decision on how to go about her life, and, as such, skipping the whole initial drama and moving on to the "torn between" drama is actually pretty good.

"Fast" was definitely not the word I should've used to describe this first chapter. And I do not mind a story without drama. In fact, I'd love it.

However, I think there's a lot is going on here for one chapter: was raised without a dad, now doing everything one can to support what left of family, try to meet others' expectation, have a bitchy boss, childhood friend propose to marry, indecisive and not knowing what to do, feeling frustrated of having no control of life, and now is drunk and a co-worker you do not know much about is sending you straight to a point of no return.

So I would say like my initial description: if I am the MC, this whole thing would feel like being hit by a truck.

joined Aug 15, 2015

This remebers me of Octave~ Good work

It definitely gave the Octave vibe.
But this opening is rather weak. Reason for it, I would say, it goes too fast.

"Weak" is probably not the best description. It gives enough information to introduce the Protagonist and her world. But the pace the story goes makes me feel like, if I was the MC, getting hit by a truck then wake up just to ask myself "wtf happened?"

MC's partner is also contradictory both to the theme of the story and her character. She advice MC to take control yet she fails to give MC much option as they both enter that relationship. I probably have misread or misinterpret something, but if I didn't, I'd say the story won't be getting any award for this first chapter.

last edited at Sep 7, 2015 6:56PM

aelfgahr
Stretch discussion 26 Aug 20:35
joined Aug 15, 2015

Just
Fucking
Do it

aelfgahr
Age 15 discussion 23 Aug 22:54
joined Aug 15, 2015

aelfgahr

Gay as in she is "lame" or gay as in she is "homosexual" ?

Homosexual. There is different meaning of word gay?

I'm conflicted about this manga. Good thing Anna said no, but my stand stays. At this rate Ema is going to rape Anna. I don't really find their relationship charming.

Shortly answering first question: yes, the word 'gay' is often used in different connotations.

Just to make it clear, Anna says 'no' not because she thinks the action being done is morally wrong. There are other emotions at play here.
And I doubt rape will be involve in this story. Even if Ema is a rapist, I think that would destroy the central main theme of 'Age 15'. This story so far is about Anna's transition to woman hood. She is learning how to make up, questioning adults' behavior, and becoming aware of her "taste." For rape to be involve would destroy any point of the story.