Forum › Posts by KizuRai

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

whoa whOA WHOA
That was a rollercoaster and a half. I'm gonna need this oneshot to explain a little more than that LOL

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Hi, yes, more, please lol

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

So, I'm pleasantly surprised that this ended the way it did. I feel like most mangas with these plot types/premises usually end in a heavily yuri subtext type ending. This one was actually blunt and straightforward near the end which was a very nice change.
Not gonna lie, for the first 170 chapters I thought the whole thing would just never address the love thing and it'd be like platonic love and they'd get married to some rando man that shows up for 2 chapters. Boy, am I glad I was wrong HAHA

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Okay, but what the heck. Chihiro is absolutely adorable, I can see the hype.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I believe what's happening, dear main character, is that you're figuring out the greatness of gap moe.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Wasn't expecting more from these two, and now I'm really happy.

KizuRai
DID discussion 24 Dec 03:56
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

squints

Reversal? Power Bottom? lmao I can't see the 'dom' being able to get the 'sub' to listen ever xD

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

So...... throuple?

Edit: So, tbh I am kinda rooting for Sayo, but currently, my entire attention is taken by the student president/twin sister. Just the few faces we've seen from her, I'm already in love LOL

last edited at Dec 20, 2020 8:10PM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Why did they change the line at the last part
Please like me.
Would've been more sad

Oh wow, I completely missed this change. After checking things, the webnovel's translation and the Italian manga translation went with "Please like/love me". However, the official English light novel translation has it as "Do whatever you want".

The original webnovel has the line as 好きになさいな, so assuming it's the same in the manga (and judging by the Italian translation, it is) then "Please like/love me" is probably more accurate after all. I'm not sure why the official English light novel changed that so drastically, unless that was specifically changed in the Japanese light novel version as well.

好きになさいな in Japanese very clearly means "Do as you like/do what you want/suit yourself" etc. It definitely does not mean 'please like me' (I don't even know how you'd get that). I don't know why you would assume the amateur web novel translation is correct over the light novel translation.

I also read "Do as you please" when I read 好きになさいな. I'm wondering if people just see 好き and associate that with "like"? Or are people just throwing that into google translate?

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Oh? Oh???? Ohhhhhh????????????

THE DERE BEGINS

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Ouch. Did someone just stab me?

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I don’t think the girl would commit suicide (or even get into an accident)—I think it’s a literalization of the old, “If my crush rejects my confession now that I’ve gotten up the courage to confess, I’ll just DIE!” trope.

lmao that's what I got from it too. Like a literal heartbreak.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Can't we all just appreciate a beautiful man wearing a dress?

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I'm wondering if Mei said something similar to what she said to Rinna about her trauma but more explicit about it, like how love never lasts or something which is why Sayo became afraid of it and settles for friendship because that's supposed to last "forever" /cynical
It does feel like the protagonist is knowingly hurting Sayo and I really don't know how I feel about that.
(still gonna read this though lmao)

Very curious as to why Rinna even likes Mei, the theory about the idol thing sounds really plausible.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

These two are too sweet. I feel like I need a dentist afterwards.

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I wish I had what's-her-name's special skill.

I see what you did there xD

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

aggressively clicking on the right side of the page

Noooo~ Don't do me like that.

I hate that this was also me

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

That ending made me LAUGH. It's them Kanda genes.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

"I can't... detach myself from you"

How strange. My impression was that this relationship was of the more distant variety. Detached, if you will...

pffft I was wondering if anyone was gonna note the really bad title drop and make a pun, I was not disappointed

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

LOL I wasn't expecting the whiplash.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

where is the contract where I sign my life over for this to happen to me? lmao

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

"Prince Rodd, other than Lady Claire, I'm not interested in anybody else."
She tried xD She really tried. If this actually worked this manga would be so much shorter. Also mood.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I feel kinda bad for people who are actually in bdsm (not me, but I have a lot of friends who are dommes or subs) since this is bad portrayal of it and people outside of it just think that this is what bdsm is about when it's not.
Remember! Consent is key no matter what happens, whether that be breath play or knife play, remember that both parties need to consent to it! lmao

That being said, if you keep that in mind, it's just a manga on one person beating a person up, and the other wanting it lol so whatever floats their boat xD

KizuRai
S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

New couple!

And maaan, I really dislike when people call someone even looking a teensy bit guyish as "Tomboy" lol maybe that's just how they look? I'm sure there's plenty of people that look that way and "tomboy" always seemed like something people said as if it was just a phase or that's the vibe you're going for, or even, "Girls/Women can't be a certain way or they're like a Boy/Man".
That's my take on it though! I'm an enby that's kinda androgynous (depending on my mood) and I got called tomboy all the time which was rather counterproductive to my own identity lol

This manga is starting to be like a compilation of multiple couples. Kinda wish the manga artist/editor one would progress a little more first before throwing us a new thing.