Forum › Posts by Kadamon

Kadamon
Citrus discussion 27 May 13:01
joined May 26, 2015

I still never got anyone else's opinion on Citrus' speculated length... Thoughts?

The most likely scenario is for the story to span all of their high school life and given the pace time has passed so far I'd say about eigth or twelve chapters more.

Considering its popularity, I agree that it's possible to go for 12 volumes (6 in first year of school, 6 in second year), but there's no point in doing their senior year. The reason you hardly see third year depicted in anime and manga is because it's practically all study and college prep, so if a story is trying to be even half-realistic, that would turn out pretty boring.

The only concern I'd have with a yuri that long are ending up with too many filler breakups and makeups that cheapen what we've already read. I'd much rather see 6 great volumes of Citrus than 12 okay volumes that overstay their welcome. But if Saburouta can prove me wrong, more power to her.

Kadamon
Citrus discussion 27 May 12:06
joined May 26, 2015

Gyah, chapter 16 is amazing! Can't wait to read the Yuri Project translation. Anyone else have a guess on how long Citrus may run? I'm placing my bets on 6 volumes, one final conflict to resolve in volume 5 then wrap-up and some fulfilling relationship stuff for 6. Judging by the story's pace, that should cover one full school year and a happy summer. After that, let's hope for a 12-episode anime +OVA, a Vita game, more drama CDs like the one coming with volume 4's release, and artbooks/OSTs to accompany all that stuff. I wouldn't be hurt by Mei and Yuzu figures to put on my shelf, either. You go, Saburouta!

I still never got anyone else's opinion on Citrus' speculated length... Thoughts?

Kadamon
Citrus discussion 27 May 09:42
joined May 26, 2015

Don't tell me you missed the chapter where Yuzu went Super Gyaru and punched Mei so hard she puked up Android Momokino?!

Why are we even talking about this...?

Kadamon
Citrus discussion 26 May 17:14
joined May 26, 2015

Funny. I do like Harumin, though, and I've loved Yuzu ever since she handled that Amemiya situation within like 10 pages lol.

Kadamon
Citrus discussion 26 May 16:05
joined May 26, 2015

I'd actually play that if there was a Harumin route.

They could probably just make Harumin a better-than-bad "neutral" ending if you fail to confess to Mei by a certain date, since the great thing about Harumin is that she'll never forsake Yuzu. Then again (without spoiling anything), I'm curious to see how the Yuzu-Harumin relationship may get strained by the events of volume 5...

Kadamon
Citrus discussion 26 May 15:17
joined May 26, 2015

The vita idea as described is strangely not terrible. Though I don't know how well it would work on it because i don't own one.

Well, I'm up to 76 Vita games in my collection now, 1/3 of which are Japanese imports. I'm pretty sure a cool Vita game COULD be made for Citrus, even if it didn't turn out quite as I imagined here. lol

Kadamon
Citrus discussion 26 May 13:59
joined May 26, 2015

a Vita game

?

Have you visited Japan recently? The gaming scene over there is all Vita all the time right now, and a lot of anime, manga, and light novels are getting Vita entries (even if a ton of them are basic visual novels). I'd love to see a Citrus "social RPG", kind of like Persona with no combat, where you play as Yuzu with the ultimate objective to confess your love to Mei. You'd go through daily school life, navigating various social predicaments and trying to resolve them before "critical" deadlines. You could form support relationships with the rival girls you "beat", and it would build a Confession gauge to determine one of multiple endings. Like a standard RPG, Yuzu could have stats like Passion, Intellect, Empathy, Diligence, and Charisma. Taking part-time jobs and playing mini-games (cooking, karaoke, etc) would build on stats and, in turn, determine what dialogue and actions would be available to you. It would be like a visual novel with some real meat on its bones!

Kadamon
Citrus discussion 26 May 13:43
joined May 26, 2015

Gyah, chapter 16 is amazing! Can't wait to read the Yuri Project translation. Anyone else have a guess on how long Citrus may run? I'm placing my bets on 6 volumes, one final conflict to resolve in volume 5 then wrap-up and some fulfilling relationship stuff for 6. Judging by the story's pace, that should cover one full school year and a happy summer. After that, let's hope for a 12-episode anime +OVA, a Vita game, more drama CDs like the one coming with volume 4's release, and artbooks/OSTs to accompany all that stuff. I wouldn't be hurt by Mei and Yuzu figures to put on my shelf, either. You go, Saburouta!