Forum › Posts by moguTL

joined May 23, 2015

Huh. If the japanese phrase translates to "The scales have fallen (from my eyes)," why not use that? It seems closer to the original meaning and preserves the snake pun.

I've never actually seen that phrase used in English and wasn't really sure how well its meaning would come across. I was completely unaware it even existed in English.

Lmao yall translated it to blood echoes. So very bloodborne of you

The phrase used there is the Japanese term for Bloodborne's blood echoes. It is a unique phrase in Japanese, so it's specifically meant to be that. Because she's the doll, you see.

joined May 23, 2015

I'm more concerned why such practice has a name... Is it that common and casually discussed that there is a name for it...?

Just think of all the odd and obscure sex acts that there are english terms for, though. It's not that weird.

ears are sex organs

“Erogenous zone” doesn’t mean “sex organ.” It just means you get turned on if it’s touched the right way. For some people irl the ears are erogenous zones. To quote Wikipedia (since I’m a virgin and wouldn’t know any of this first-hand):

Some people find whispering or breathing softly in the ear to be pleasurable and relaxing, as well as licking, biting, caressing and/or kissing it especially the area of and behind the earlobe.

Are you arguing with the character saying that? Because that's just who she is. She will characterize everything in a more blunt and sexual manner.

last edited at Sep 24, 2019 7:47AM

joined May 23, 2015

Megumiaki posted:

I wonder if "butter dog" qualifies as masturbation... isn't it just beastiality at that point? Well, whatever it is, I could have gone my whole life without knowing it existed. Thanks manga.

What's funny to me is to imagine the translation team "Hmmm? Butter dog? Wth is that... ok google help me out with th- HOLY SHIT OH NO!!" hopefully they had their safe search ON

Weirdly, there is a Japanese wikipedia article on it which comes up as one of the first results. It is not very long, and the references include a link to manga artist Kashiwagi Haruko, with a note that her debut series "Inu" has a scene in the prologue where a dog that had been bought for the purpose of butter dogging dies of diabetes.

joined May 23, 2015

Anyone ever listen to that Japanese rock band from a while back named Super Butter Dog?

moguTL
New Game discussion 01 Sep 14:54
joined May 23, 2015

Honestly it seems pretty clear that the author has given up any sense of reality (or even internal consistency) to just forcefully railroad the story along the track he wants it to follow.

But if you hang in there, things start getting better once this arc ends. For the time being, at least. I can only hope whatever drama he ends up planning for the next arc isn't as nonsensical as it has been for the past few.

moguTL
New Game discussion 31 Aug 23:31
joined May 23, 2015

Make up your mind Catherine!

There seems to be a large response along the lines of "what the hell is Catherine even thinking?"

joined May 23, 2015

The next chapter has been out for weeks but there's no sign of it getting posted here.

joined May 23, 2015

The only thing that irks me is that thanks to the charm skill, we don’t know if the companion is actually in love with the female hero or if it’s just the charm skill working as intended. The skirt-wearing guild worker (with the groan-worthy name) doesn’t seem to be affected, though.

They had already promised each other they would get married, though.

joined May 23, 2015

The author is putting out a doujin version of this for comiket. The cover of the doujin has separate credits for story and art.

Art: Fukuoka Tarou
Story: Fukuoka Tarou's Fantasies

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

By most accounts, the polling becomes almost completely irrelevant as soon as a volume gets released and there are actual sales figures. It doesn't really matter how high it ranks in the polls if it's not selling any volumes. On the opposite side, so long as its volumes keep selling well, they don't care so much about it being low in the monthly polls.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

If it's the tweet I'm thinking of, I remember it being more along the lines of a comment about how much more comfortable he felt putting more explicitly yuri content into his New Game scenarios for the Kirara Fantasia mobile game. That being not-quite-canon side stories meant could play around more with things he didn't necessarily want to put into the main story.

joined May 23, 2015

The last panel of Chapter 2 can then be read differently. Who is having a child there? With who?

The implication is supposed to be that it's the hero who will be the one getting pregnant. And that the pair is the hero and girlfriend.

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 3:58PM

joined May 23, 2015

The last one was just posted a few days ago, so hopefully there'll be more of this coming out in the future.

Although there were 3 months between chapters 2 and 3, so who knows.

joined May 23, 2015

Well she defeated the demon lord ... Rather quickly It seems so xp

She has not defeated the demon lord yet. There was a note about her eventually going on to defeat the demon lord, but that has not actually happened yet as of the third chapter. The third chapter takes place waking up directly after the first night of wild sex at the end of chapter two.

moguTL
New Game discussion 23 Jul 16:22
joined May 23, 2015

Also I have been genuinely hoping nobody would stumble onto the previous plot point and start celebrating it, because storywise, it's actually pretty terrible.

moguTL
New Game discussion 23 Jul 15:39
joined May 23, 2015

Serious answer:

They move in together.

moguTL
New Game discussion 23 Jul 14:16
joined May 23, 2015

If you want to discuss spoilers that are a long way off so badly, I could give you spoilers that are a long way off. I generally hold off on it because it's really not useful, but if you want to post spoilers, then I will just pre-emptively post all the spoilers.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

She's married and has a son.

She deleted most of her twitter history back in December for an unspecified reason.

She's been putting out idolmaster doujins (and doujin goods) for years, longer than Swap has been running.

She mentioned as far back as last summer that she's doing work on some sort of new project, and she mentioned working on it again last month. I may be mistaken about this particular detail, but I also seem to remember her mentioning a new manga project.

So I don't really agree with any of that.

Edit/Addendum: The deleting happened before Comiket, and some of the first new posts she made were promoting her goods.

I say married, but I admit I'm not sure I've ever seen her directly mention her husband. However, the only real personal detail she ever even talks about is bringing up her son from time to time.

last edited at Feb 27, 2019 8:49PM

moguTL
New Game discussion 23 Feb 13:09
joined May 23, 2015

But... they didn't consider any of those. They demanded a split-second decision solely by someone who clearly couldn't pick and doesn't have the experience to really take any of that into account.

moguTL
New Game discussion 23 Feb 07:07
joined May 23, 2015

Also remember:

Momiji's employment contract doesn't actually begin until she graduates. She's technically still an intern.

moguTL
New Game discussion 23 Feb 05:37
joined May 23, 2015

Honestly, there are so many issues with this chapter, both logically and narratively, if I started on it I could write entire essays on it. (Which I ended up doing in several other places...)

For example, (Paraphrased)
Hazuki: "You admit your copied your designs from Aoba. So there's no reason to pick you over Aoba."
Also Hazuki: "Well, pick whoever you want, idgaf. Hurry up and do it right at this moment, with no discussion or advice. While Aoba's still up front with her presentation."
(Several chapters earlier: "Hazuki, you're staying on the team as an advisor to cover for Hajime's inexperience.")
Hajime: "I know who I should pick in this situation, but I'm not going to."
Christina and Rin: (nothing)

Everyone involved seems to be acting terribly irresponsibly. Hajime is even self aware about it but still does it.

moguTL
New Game discussion 22 Feb 22:23
joined May 23, 2015

The author really forced in Momiji winning, probably just to give each character a chance in the spotlight, without even trying to have it make narrative sense.

He kind of spends the entire rest of the arc trying to clean it up.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Neither.

joined May 23, 2015

Hold on how long has that anime tag been there? Why did nobody tell me this? If I had a secretary they would be so fired

It doesn't look like it's being widely advertised, so it wouldn't be her fault for you not knowing.

They just put out a full-length PV earlier this month...

https://youtu.be/Kp4KP-HsV8o

moguTL
New Game discussion 05 Oct 08:31
joined May 23, 2015

All I can say is that I foresee a lot of arguing in the future.