Forum › Posts by Shimapanda

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I doubt i might even want to look at yuri anymore.

I mean Mare was objectively terrible on just about every front but dude, you may want to step back for a moment and reevaluate your life priorities if this is all it takes for you to want to give up on enjoying an artist's work or, heck, yuri in general

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Is it complete?

Oh come on, there was even a "to be continued" in the actual doujin.....

Sorry!

I don't read it, because i dont know, whether it is complete or not.
on mangaupdates it's "Completely Scanlated? Yes"

I'm not aware of who updates MangaUpdates but I wouldn't use that as a source of truth...

FYI there is currently 6 chapters plus a couple of extra chapters.

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Is it complete?

Oh come on, there was even a "to be continued" in the actual doujin.....

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

yes
YES
Y E S

Edit: Thank you thank you thank you!!I am a huge sucker for this ship, and this series is among my favorites. MakiRinPana is amazing!! Thank you!!!

Thank you! Responses like this are what keeps me doing this :) Glad you enjoyed it so much!

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I don't actually remember Lily being used in the anime, so I'm guessing it's more of a manga thing. (The name is basically taking the Ri from Riko and making it chuuni as fuck)

It was used in the pre-anime material (Dengeki write-ups, possibly also the drama CDs, I don't recall), as well as the game at least once. Yoshiko's also called her Ricchan, and the Dengeki stuff has Riko calling her Yocchan. Yoshiko supposedly drags Riko into Numazu on weekends to go clothes shopping and do karaoke and stuff, according to the same material.

Also, Rikyako and Aikyan play this shit up like mad, so...it sticks.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

God Mezashi is so good it hurts me

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

As far as I understand it, the note on this page is wrong. リバ (riba) comes from リバーシブル (reversible), not "liberty"... anyway, minor quibble!

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I've removed the sequel tag after some discussion with drpepperfan. It was probably a mistake to add it there and I apologise for the confusion.

As I've explained previously, tMnR's UmiEli works can be considered a "series" as they all have a loose connection. However, they were not released in chronological order, and they do not assume you have read the previous works (except for the ones explicitly titled "Part 1" "Part 2"). They are not a strict "series" in the traditional sense and there's not currently any larger banner I can describe them under.

If you're interested, the chronological order is as follows:
Deep Blue Sea Like Me → The Secret Shokolad (vol. 1) → The Secret Shokolad (vol. 2) → Fortunate Re”lation [ re-release of Fortunate Relation; not yet scanlated] → Your Straightforward Expression → passion → Time for sweet living / Another work that we should be releasing soonish (not 100% sure on the chonological order of these two)

The release order is more or less the same order that each doujin has been scanlated.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

source for the scene on the credits page?

Tamamusi's Twitter

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

This is so cuteeee. Thank you, mangaka! :D Will there be new chapters every week or every month? Can't wait~

New chapters are released monthly, and our release schedule will hopefully follow not too far behind it.

Were can i buy this work?! (≧∇≦)

It's currently being serialised, so you can purchase the magazine from places like Amazon (Ch.0 in 2016/08, Ch.1 in 2016/10, Ch.2 in 2016/11). I imagine there will be a collected volume at some point, so you may wish to wait for that!

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

This was EXCELLENT <3

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Sorry to disappoint many of you, but this is a one-shot! :( Alas.

where can i find the other links of this btw? like the author-san? ._.

Check out the author's page on Dynasty: Rita

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

It seems that not many people here know that Tamamusi already has an ongoing series in Manga Time Kirara. It's called "The Heart of the Girl".

...and it's awesome and ridiculous by the way. I really want to translate it but what is spare time.

As I said before, Tamamusi just doesn't put as much effort into the random Twitter/Pixiv scribbles than the stuff she actually gets paid to do. Understandably! But she's certainly come a long way since those early comics she did years ago.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

The art is totally different... New artist?

Nope. She just puts a lot more effort into the stuff she gets paid to do rather than the Twitter scribbles. :P

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

This made me smile a lot. I want more.

More will be coming! This was originally a one-shot, but an official serialisation was announced after it was really popular. The first serialised chapter released the other day.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 2:08AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I'm personally not a fan of "localising" dialects, the southern American tendency is overdone, painful to read, often doesn't match the characters, and worst of all, doesn't really make sense for a global audience. Might as well put a whole bunch of Aussie slang and a strong drawl in and see how everyone reacts. :P

last edited at Aug 23, 2016 5:21PM

Shimapanda Uploader
Luna Luna discussion 23 Aug 03:58
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I mean, everyone poops, but you don't go using that as a conversation topic with complete strangers

Periods are kinda different, a lot of girls instantly relate to the struggles and casually group up to rant about it
I remember one girl in class mentioning something about her period, and right away, 5 other girls were like "omfg you have your period too?!" and started complaining about what bullshit it is.

Can confirm. I'd feel awkward if someone started talking about poop, but most women I've known who menstruate have zero filter when it comes to talking about their periods. At least around other women! Tends to be much more muted around men.

last edited at Aug 23, 2016 4:00AM

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Also, A Report on How I was so Sad that I Went to A Lesbian Brothel? Which one's the more accurate title?

The article is a very literal translation (accurately so). This release takes some liberties but sounds wonderful, much more natural in English, and still gets the ultimate meaning across, imo.

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Ahh, great to see this be translated (and so well, too!). It's a wonderful (albeit intense) story and I think a lot of people will get something out of reading this. I certainly would've appreciated a work like this when I was younger and going through mental health issues.

Dear Dynasty reader, yes you! Are you okay? If you are, that's great! If not, it's fine. It's okay to not be okay. But you can do it. You can get through it. There's lots of help out there for you, if you want it. Fight-oh!

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Just wanna say thanks to OP and Nez. I won't be reading this translated version anymore but it's good to know you won't let slurs hang around. <3

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

Oh no, scanlator has different opinions than I! Quick, to the safe space and let's call him shitty!

Even if you accept the idea that "using a slur is a joke" is an "opinion", it's a pretty shitty opinion and I stand by my previous statements. Having opinions doesn't let you escape criticism, shockingly!

Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

When the punchline of a "joke" is literally "lol you're gay", that's not a fucking joke, there isn't anything comedic there. I don't care what 4chan and its ilk says is acceptable, it's really not.

Even beyond the tasteless slur in the credits, the translation and editing job is so painfully mediocre that this series has almost been ruined for it, which is a terrible shame, as the concept seems pretty good. It is seriously not hard to find people to edit and QC your work, and when your work is as shoddy as this, you desperately need it.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

BTW, the saddest part about the translation is that you all miss out on how awesome Nanami's "home" accent is. She speaks in a really really strong regional accent when she's not at work, and it's fantastic.

edit: no slight against the TLers meant here either! It's just not possible to translate that!

last edited at Aug 17, 2016 8:06AM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

@Shima - that's an interesting take. btw, how would you describe the later chapters in one word: meandering? sluggish? so-so? or schizophrenic?

Boring tbh. like honestly, nothing really interesting happens? We see a little bit of Nanami's work and Kaede being a mangaka and some other mangaka character and... idk. There wasn't really anything exciting that grabbed my attention for the most part. I like Nanami as a character but a lot of volumes 2-3 focus on Kaede/other mangaka's stuff which I just couldn't care less about.

In the very last chapter of volume 3 there is a hint that maybe something might develop - and I mean a hint. The two of them discuss things like whether they dated in highschool, etc., and Nanami is thinking a lot about how they've never really talked about personal stuff before. Nanami catches Kaede when she almost falls in the train, and is being all 'cool', but also a bit blushy. There's also confirmation here that Nanami dated a girl before! But that's a very long wait for "maybe kinda sorta possibly going to develop into something vaguely resembling yuri, if we're lucky?"

could be a long-burn series but like I said, don't get your hopes up. :P

How long is the series so far?

3 volumes are out so far which is 11ish chapters (and a few extra chapters). Each chapter is like 30-40 pages though.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

For what it's worth, I've read the later volumes of this and I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up for anything that comes close to yuri... I honestly don't feel like there's any chemistry between either character at all.

The first chapter interested me (especially with the namedrop of her being a lesbian) but it never really goes anywhere. But it's still ongoing, so who knows.