Forum › Posts by adamatari

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

You know, the blackmail thing was not so cool, but Ayaka's obviously into it anyways and at this point I don't think it matters.

IRL, I would want to have a long talk with her about boundaries and knowing when to say "no", starting with the initial blackmail from the teacher, but in the context of a rather light hearted love comedy of sorts I don't think that's terribly relevant.

Guys, make sure to never read any "serious" fiction if this bothers you terribly because there is a lot more screwed up stuff in literature.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

the most shocking thing that came out of the newest chapter is how fucking small reichii's head is compared to his body

I don't think it's a spoiler to say this artist comes off as someone with very little interest in male anatomy. His face is fine but his body is like cardboard. There is a tradition of wedgy male bodies but it is out of place relative to the other characters.

It reminds me of Koyume in Comic Girls... It's not really a big deal but give the man some curves!

last edited at Jun 25, 2020 6:25PM

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Issue 10. They come out I think in the months regular galette doesn't come out, and are more NSFW. I have a few issues (ebook on Kindle).

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I still don't know what happened. We left off on a cliff-hanger last chapter, and then this chapter it doesn't take place at the same time and it's about a new character we were only somewhat invested in? I feel like I'm missing something,

It seems to take place JUST after whatever confrontation occured. Usshii asks if Miwa is okay, and notes she's drenched in sweat, and Miwa says it was a "difficult practice" which just seems a little bit deflecting.

I assume the events will be made clear later, that it is going to come up again for certain. Also that dude is definitely an asshole - not just for bitching at Miwa for being "annoying", which to me is just a way of saying "I just don't like you for no particular reason", but also first names inappropriately? That's pretty rude in Japan. Especially without any honorific, which seems like what he was doing (I don't have the raw to check). That's SUPER rude. Like using first name-chan can be taken as being rude depending, but no honorific probably rates higher on rudeness when used inappropriately.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

"I really want to see you naked so I'm willing to become a bad girl"

Looks like she's a meat eater in more than one sense... That is a girl driven mad by lust. Kanda better watch out, somehow I think it's not going to be just a bath.

adamatari
Suito-to! discussion 15 Jun 18:36
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Reading this was just painful.

Because I am not in Japan and here the restaurants are still take out only and I'm 3 hours away from a good ramen place.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Also, I don't expect a kid to understand, especially in that household, but when someone is trying to help (mom saying she'll go get groceries), you DON'T stop them. Maybe you do it together, if you're still unsure. But never stop someone in that situation because it prevents them from growing or getting better.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

People are just going to be who they are, no matter how you want them to be. Even if you're their parent, your kids are different people from you.

Yeah, it seems to me like dad is the one destroying the family, and mom... Oh man, well, she's just blaming herself but it's not clear for what exactly. The family is falling apart because the "idea" of family the adults have is a fake one and they don't realize it.

Obviously Mogu can't go back to that house. Really Sakura shouldn't be in that house. The adults need some counseling, but in Japan there is a stigma about that. The kids both need to live somewhere else for the time being.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

IIRC the rule of romantic movies is that the protags have to be separated and come back together. So that's kinda what I'm hoping is going on here.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

playing doctor , no ,just no.

Sounds like Hana managed to diagnose Myako pretty quickly...

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Nice flashback.

Akari totally missing the point there... Also, of you're trying to say "I'm gay" in very unsubtle ways to a potential partner, you might as well say "I'm gay and interested in you". Although that's awkward in its own way, at least it succeeds at communicating the point. I guess you might get a bad reaction but if they get your unsubtle hints and don't like it, what's the difference?

Though it also seems like Shiho was missing the point there too, I think Akari has been interested in "that way" from the start.

I guess because it isn't focused on the physical, this manga seems to make the characters seem unsexual. But I don't think that's actually the intent.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

You know, this sequel series took a while to hit it's stride, but damn. The art is gorgeous, and Kase is HOT in this chapter. If you're going for swimsuit fanservice, this is how you do it!

Also, clearly the author is a breast person.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Seriously, she's full out going for it and you're stopping her? After you asked her? That's when you're supposed to let it be!!!

I guess the lonely girl can defy the thirsty girl... Give her some love, Honda-san, she wants it bad. All over her body. Like time to take her to your room or a hotel or whatever.

Or just have sex in the classroom like a few stories I can think of...

adamatari
Anime season 10 May 17:47
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I have to say, about Bakarina, that it's awesome just for existing.

The bi-harem thing can be looked at as a gimmick, but on a deeper level, it shows where we are now as a society, where Japan is now, and how we've crossed into new territory. Shows like BakaTest made jokes in that direction, but Hideyoshi was attractive because he was feminine. Bakarina is a silly light harem in form, but the fact that it so nonchalantly does what it does is what is great. The characters all having a crush on Caterina isn't some serious thing or a secret, it's just a sort of trivial fact of the series.

When same-sex love is something that either exists as serious business for a token character, or when it's part of a world where men don't exist, it's one thing, but when it's trivially normal, that's cool. Especially when it's not played off as friendship, the series is an unabashed harem and just goes all out in that direction.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

this looks like a webtoon am i wrong? is it a webtoon..?

Cellphone manga, published on Comico. https://www.comico.jp/

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I have read this from the first chapter on Comico. Y'all be trippin' if you think this is not gay. Just so you know, this is actually completed in the raws, and it is 200% gay. The stuff on Comico is often pretty tame, this being not as obviously and straightforwardly horny as other stuff is just kinda the style, but it's not what some of you seem to be thinking.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I wonder what the true goal is. To me, world domination is just a step towards Vena's real goal. Maybe it's some Kyuuby level master planning

Clearly the true goal is BDSM magical girl shows every week, and make millions in merchandise.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Kuro is a f#%&king piece of work. Like a real masterpiece. Like she could have a criminal but not as fucked up thing going, but every time she's presented with the opportunity of doing things not horribly she decides to do the worst thing instead. The naked picture is exact deep hentai bullshit, especially since she obviously knows the score. You wouldn't normally try to make things worse in that situation, she made it worse.

That is a broken person. She needs therapy in the not jokey sense.

Haruki is a kid and being like a kid. She went to far but she backed down in the end. She's not really trying to manipulate Aya, she's just being desperate and stupid and acting like a dumb teen.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

The character type doesn’t have to be a good or admirable person—sometimes they’re actively evil, or close to it—but readers do consistently voice sympathy for them, ship them with everybody in sight, and often prefer them to one (or even both) of the main pair of characters.

Reminds me of Suigintou in Rozen Maiden. Her relationship with her master Megu, and her rivalry with Shinku, made for a lot of shipping IIRC. If your villain is charismatic enough, they overshadow the main character.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Bragging about my awesome girlfriend: the manga.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

It strikes me that Reiichi cheating or not cheating is almost a detail at this point. Even if he was doing it for work, sometimes you gotta draw the line, especially if your wife wants you around more. My mom actually had problems with my dad over this, and she's not AT ALL like Kaoru (he ended up changing jobs and we moved to a different state).

They are a couple with problems, and like a lot of couples where cheating may or may not be happening, it's not really the crux of the issue.

As for the Kaoru/Uta thing, the one part of Kaoru we have hardly touched on is her sexual identity. Her emotional needs completely overshadow any sexual aspect in this story, but ultimately to be in a sexual relationship you need to be, you know, sexual? In a sense that may be the root of the issue with Kaoru and Reiichi, even if he likes her as a childhood friend, if he can't hold down the other side of a couple relationship it ain't gonna work. And if Uta can, and Kaoru feels it, well...

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Oh, and I forgot the classic horror trope - the characters become the monster... Reiichi maybe is such an emotional sinkhole because he grew up with parents who emotionally neglected him, completely unable and mostly unaware of how to support Kaoru... Kaoru becoming a mess a lot like her mom, not taking care of herself properly...

This is pretty fucked up, everyone is a trainwreck.

adamatari
Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

This is like the love drama equivalent of a horror manga. The monster is emotional neglect and all the characters are doing the wrong things trying to fight it.

Especially Uta getting the phone calls and Kaoru not answering, and her going to the apartment... That's literally a horror movie trope transposed into a drama.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I don't see why everyone's treating this as a joke. This is just a straightforward portrayal of how characters in yuri think.

Is the joke that no one ever said "Even though we're both girls" or "What is this feeling?"

Yeah, I think a lot of people are not as confused as all that... It reminds me of Husky and Melody, no confusion, just screwing like horny teenagers.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Actually, on re-reading... In goddamn chapter 2, Ookuma expressly says it wouldn't bother her. Kanda is being really silly.