Forum › Posts by Lorisor

Lorisor
joined May 11, 2014

I like where this is going actually.

It's funny and ironic simply because I don't like the "Anyone can Die" trope especially combined with "Break the cutie" and/or "Cosmic Plaything".

That being said because the pacing is fast it didn't spend too much time on Ruka and Alice's relationship but enough so the reveal gave you the 'What a bitch' moment instead of the 'Okay...and?' and not venturing into the 'Why the fuck would you do that?!' territory.

Seems like the 'Metaphorical Coming of Age Combat' genre. If that's a thing...not to be confused with "Action" and "Slice of Life" or "Drama" set in "Middle School".

Also...did research on what an Editor does...I dunno if I'd be capable enough since English is my 1st and only language but I'd PROBABLY give it a shot if my first attempt was good enough for a Translator. Which I doubt.

Not as close to "WTFAIR?" though as you'd think...it's closer to a Creepy Stalker that's watching "WTFAIR?" from a reasonable distance away and following it home. You just have to see if it decides to cross the line.

Lorisor
joined May 11, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shiharu_genesis_ch09#33

...Kiryuuin Satsuki?

last edited at Jan 8, 2015 4:47AM

Lorisor
Golondrina discussion 07 Jan 22:41
joined May 11, 2014

Oh great...one of 'Those' manga.

Ones where the guy becomes the love interest over another girl.
You know....the whole "Lets surround the 'Lesbian' with guys" deal. Show her that some guy can surely love you better than the girl that abandoned you.

I can see the ending...and I don't like it. You can as good as put "Het" as a tag at this point.

The old man is quickly becoming my favorite character though.

Hm, after reading the latest chapter it wasn't Sechu like I thought(he's gay? I think? could be Bi.) but that doesn't really matter much. There's no "Romance" tag...Yet...but it's obviously boiling down to 'Het' like I said, I thought that one bullfighting girl might have had some kind of importance but she was there as plot bait.

So in the end it's still like I figured. Girlxgirl start, Girlxguy finish.

Well...unless she actually dies at the end.

I kind of wonder why that even mattered...it could've easily been a guy and still been the same story.

Then again I guess that's the whole point, her sexual preference isn't the point...her journey is. So I'll leave it at that.

last edited at Jan 8, 2015 12:21AM

joined May 11, 2014

Hm, I guess I'll actually add something relevant.

Why are we giving these characters characteristics that were never shown.

Yomi decided to leave. Fact. "Why" was not actually explained in detail, as far as we know it's merely "Had sex with my sister who I'd kiss secretly...now I'm leaving." I suppose you could venture to say it's because their mother is with a different guy every time so you COULD say it's "I don't want to end up like our mother." but there's not really enough info about all that.

If you say "There is no one reason." then it doesn't help it's case because WE as the reader aren't given any reason which all comes back to the story leaving TOO MUCH up for interpretation.

All we know for certain is what the title tells us, which is one of two things. Yomi is a coward OR Yomi, Mahiru, AND Mia are cowards everything else is so loose that you could literally put the last few pages first and read the rest and wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Now, I'm not bashing it, it was pretty good...just hoped there was a little more...well...info.

Meh I guess it's that I don't like the whole "Audience Interpretative Storytelling".

Lorisor
joined May 11, 2014

I'm calling it right now, it's obviously going to end with Chiriho(sp?)xAoi.

It's going to bait and tease for JUUUUUST too long and then throw the big 'Fuck You' in the end.

There's too much teasing and "Misunderstood Feelings" going on for it to end how it looks like it could.(at least as far as Ch.4)

Lorisor
joined May 11, 2014

But makes you wonder, what kind of robot is Gaku now? Yukari said that she was very adaptable... Now that she became "that" I wonder how she looks.

Like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGRxJmVbii4

joined May 11, 2014

I don't really care for the ambiguity of it simply because it's like that for every character we're introduced to which in turn makes the ENTIRETY of the story ambiguous. Like stated there are stories that people tend to be okay with having an ambiguous or Open end with no Solidly Clear Cut Ending. This comes back to me saying that "The ending is that there is no ending." it ends because the story stops being told.

It's like in "http://dynasty-scans.com/series/qualia_the_purple" where the character says "When does a story begin?"

Only with one shots the question becomes "When does the story end?" and most of the time the answer is simply "When they storyteller/narrator stops telling the story." because no matter how you slice it only the one who created the story can tell you how it ends...well unless we get overly picky and start throwing in real life things such as biographies and such.

Either way I have a love hate relationship with One-Shots the stories are sometimes good and often times it ends without really ending or ends with you wanting more and obviously not going to get it lol.

There was more I wanted to say, but it felt like I was digressing too far from the subject so I'll leave it at that.

joined May 11, 2014

Ya know...I don't mind the story persay, it boils down mostly to why I don't like one-shots in the first place. They give you this large empty feeling most times ESPECIALLY the dark/realistic/aaaaaaangst-y ones.

You can't really put an 'End' on it feels like someone telling you a story like this.

"This one time, I was boning my girlfriend when I really wanted to bone her sister right? Then one day I went to her house and the sister was there but not my girlfriend, she told me she'd seen me and her sister going at it and threatened to tell if I didn't do her...so I went ahead and did it...but I couldn't handle all that pressure, so I broke up with my girl who got mad cause she knew I was after her sister. I had to get out of that situation man so I decided to leave... ... ..."

It's like....AND?! What else happened? I'm not looking for EVERYONE'S ending just SOME semblance of a conclusion. The reality is that the conclusion is that there is no conclusion. It's artist's favorite thing to do most of the time. "I'll leave the ending up to the reader.".... Why? Don't tell me a story then say "So...what do you think happened after that?" I don't know...

At this point I could confidently say something like this.

Ex-Virgin sister kills herself out of depression.
Other sister loses all ability to commit to a relationship.
and the Ex-Girlfriend is the only one who manages to get a decent relationship after shutting her heart all throughout school and some girl from work years later breaks her out of that shell.

I mean...tell me something. Have one of the characters narrate something like "Little did she know...I'd always have eyes for her." or something, it's more solid than "And she leaves the house...The End."

Doesn't have to be fluffy at this point or happy, just...conclusive.

last edited at Jan 3, 2015 4:53AM

Lorisor
joined May 11, 2014

I'd just like to say the whole "Male > Female" debate is general at best. It really boils down to the individual. Chances are slim but it can exist that a Female by default could be stronger than a Male at a base physical level.

It's kind of odd that someone would flat out go "Psh, Male > Female Period." because isn't that just disregarding all variables? No I don't mean the ever prevalent Super Powered Females you see in stories these days.

What I'm trying to say is, just like you can be born in a male body and be 'Female' and vice versa, so can you be born with a body that's stronger than usual by default male or female. So saying "Male > Female" is ALMOST like saying Females(and any variation thereof) are weak simply because they're female.

Lorisor
joined May 11, 2014

First I'd like to say.

Best Childhood Friend EVAR!

But because she wasn't a potential interest they threw Mika in, though it was done pretty well.

Yandere done to a tolerable degree, or more accurately I guess the manga(though not a credible source for reality) is kind of proving that Yandere's CAN find love and be loved if you deal with their personality properly.

MariAli767 brings up a good point, however usually it's a case of what I call "Wrap It Up". Meaning they didn't really have all that much chapter space allotted to build upon the story, with the end we have to assume they found some sort of middle ground since they managed to stay together for at least 14 years.

Compared to Yankee-kun to Megane-chan where the ending was...."And the hijinks will continue..." I'll take the ending where some issues weren't completely addressed as long as I know they ended up "Married With Children(Child)"

Lorisor
Image Comments 22 Dec 10:47
joined May 11, 2014
I

@Silverquill

You?

Hell for a second there I thought it was canon.

Lorisor
Yakuza Girl discussion 22 Dec 09:12
joined May 11, 2014

And the woman coming up behind them is?

Seriously...?

Why would you do that? I mean sure the story is over and I guess some good stories always leave a few questions unanswered but you literally put a question at the end Just Cause.

Though you could say it was the granddaughter of the headmaster as their child in the new world they all looked young.

I'll be honest, it actually felt like the plot of a game that'd be on PS Vita in japan, one with multiple endings but at least it'd probably answer the question as to who the girl was walking up to them which would be the 100% completion True End. Here I am talking about a what if scenario about a finished manga.

It was good, not too long, not too short. It was dream-like in and of itself.

Lorisor
LOVE/DEATH discussion 21 Dec 15:54
joined May 11, 2014

You know...I'd like to see a series based on this, Battle Confessions(or Love/Death Confessions), it's always the same scenario just different people and different kinds of battles but it always ends in mutual feelings and a confession from one or the other or both simultaneously. I'd love it....TO DEATH!

Lorisor
joined May 11, 2014

It's starting to get bad. Whenever I come across an interesting Yuri(or at lest Shoujo-Ai since some of these labeled as Yuri are really just heavy Shoujo-Ai)...it's either

Finished but Abandoned

Good but Cancelled

Completely Scantilated but Ongoing.

If not one of these 3 things, then I've already read it from start to finish. Well...unless it's a parody doujin which I tend to avoid since the original material is ongoing...and not at all Yuri.(which is what I'm looking for at the moment, I've enjoyed plenty het, action, mystery, and or drama.)

Lorisor
joined May 11, 2014

I liked Kodomo no Jikan, though I'll still agree Kuro was handled a bit poorly. Yeah, happy ends for ALL characters are rare, but Kuro could've gotten SOMETHING. I mean with other stories doing the 'Harem' thing only to give shit relationships just to avoid a 'Harem End' I would expect at least Kuro with SOME girl but that's neither here nor there.

I actually think this story is going to end up a Love Triangle. Where, (as someone put it) the Kuudere loves the Tsundere and the Tsundere loves the idiot.

There was only the one clue which was once it was revealed that the college boyfriend was a lie the kuudere immediately softened up, reinforced by the fact that she specifically states "I don't want(need?) a boyfriend." which makes me think she means "I want a girlfriend instead."

Or it could be one of those Shoujo-Ai trips where the Kuudere just REALLY wants to be friends and she's too cool to be straight about it so she's being round about by being elementary about it and teasing and treating her strangely. Kinda like the relationship in the Tomodachi series.

Or like someone else said it could just be some stupidity and the kuudere is really just a sadist being portrayed strangely and she just has a thing for wanting to torture someone of high standing like the tsundere.

Wait...I keep referring to her as Tsundere...but...am I even referring to each character properly? I can't be assed to read it again at the moment to put names in.

Lorisor
Sound discussion 17 May 20:37
joined May 11, 2014

The things people will grasp onto in the name of love.

However things like this left unchecked can really get out of hand and make things worse for said person in love.

joined May 11, 2014

Ah, one of 'These' the Sadist Destroys The Meek main character story.

Guess I'll do some QQing(heard that on another forum somewhere.).

Lets get a little creative...WITH TROPES! Might as-well try to be interesting about it.

The 'Woobie', 'Decoy Protagonist' is on the 'Sadist Show' and though I'm not going to sit here and flat out say that absolutely nothing in this chapter was funny I did find that even though it's only the first chapter that since it seems like the entire premise is "Protag can't do said thing.

2nd Main Protag Sadistically(Literally) mistreats Protag...for sheer pleasure, and no other real reason.(Sure you can say because of the 'Ship Tease' that'll eventually happen but it's honestly 'Will They or Wont They' at this point)

With how this rides on the S & cliche'd-forced-M hilariously(no really) 'SempaiKouhai' relationship dynamic with the loose 'Club Stub' premise tying this all up the whole of it all doesn't feel all that appealing especially with other manga with this kind of S&Psuedo-M dynamic that

Now I don't have anything against S&M relationships or storylines but when all this is met with a character who either

A) Goes on as if they aren't being mistreated while it gets progressively worse or at no point gets better.

B) Tries, in horrible HORRIBLE Vain to correct the behavior to stop from being mistreated all the time.

C)(And the Worst to me) Exists in a world where their mistreatment (Or I should say being forced into the role of M as if there's only S or M) is treated as normal and or is overlooked, and or is because they actually unconsciously love it with NO indication whatsoever.

Then with every chapter it makes me less inclined to read the next. Now if you've read this far, I understand that there are S manga's for M's and S's and M manga's for S's and M's and part of the enjoyment is a Sadist going in on a normal person transforming them(Hell or not) into a M whether that be the central plot point or not.

All and all it doesn't make me want to drop it just yet, I mean jeez, it's just one chapter(lol). The whole "A**holes always get away with it." mentality of these kinds of stories irk me to my soul.