Forum › Posts by CubieJ

CubieJ
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Oh my god, this is so nice??? It's so damn refreshing. Usually a "plot" like this results in the tsundere top being "guilted" into bottoming and then admitting that they wanted it the whole time, even though they protest/are clearly uncomfortable while it's happening. That kind of situation bothers me a lot. So nice to see a couple who knows what they want and what they're comfortable with. And nice to see Rin apologizing for making assumptions about what "everyone should enjoy in bed". She's such a cutie, haha.

last edited at Aug 3, 2015 10:17PM

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

I gotta say, suffering through those Mimorins really made me appreciate the nipples in the actual release.

Sometimes you just take these things for granted. You really just need to stop and smell the boobies.

Thanks, NHFH.

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

This art is like candy! I can't get enough of how cute they are. ;v;

CubieJ
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Since Rin doesn't seem super surprised, I think maybe they were already in a relationship before this story.

But then again, it's Rin, so maybe she can just take it in stride, haha.

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

The "pain" was clearly just pent-up sexual frustration.

Also, re: "gross" licking: vaginas are actually super clean, so vaginal lubrication is fine to eat. It's a lot healthier than licking your phone, anyway. As for the folks who think licking your own juices is gross, for the love of god, nobody tell them that oral sex is a thing.

CubieJ
BiBi x Pink discussion 31 Mar 00:44
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

This is a fantastic story! This felt like a very realistic eventuality, and the subtle meetings and interactions are really nice.

Also, A+ for including not only Nozoeri, but a little commentary on homophobic culture in Japan.

CubieJ
Ayame 14 discussion 11 Mar 12:42
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Oh shoot, I got all bothered thinking that Kagari was goin' at it, too. You win this time, Shuninta!

(Shuninta wins every time.)

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

When I first saw Nico on pg19, I didn't realize she was wearing a facemask and thought she was actually wide awake and just gaping at what she was hearing.

No but really, this is cute as heck. Nice to see some feelgood feel goods.

CubieJ
Bird Cafe! discussion 21 Nov 11:56
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Aaaa so cute! Monster slice of life is such a great genre.

CubieJ
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

This is SO CUTE and I enjoy Risa's teasing. u//w//u It was really interesting how different the first "chapter" was from the second! I really hope it continues.

CubieJ
Ayame 14 discussion 04 Oct 13:35
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Weirdly... nostalgic? Reminds me of my adolescence, a little, hahaha. I could definitely relate to trying really hard to be naive and innocent while actually being an ashamed horndog. (No shame left anymore, though.)

Personally, I kinda hope she doesn't end up with anyone, and it's just a manga about her trying to deal with overwhelming sexual frustration into the perpetual future. Looks like she's going to end up with Shinobu, though.

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Wow, that escalated quickly! (I was hoping it would but I didn't really expect it to!)

CubieJ
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Woah woah woah woah! Hold up, yurilings. Why the heck are y'all hating on sex toys so much?

Look, I understand if you have worries about toys showing up in manga, because in gross hentai they're almost always treated as a kinda "disembodied penis" kind of thing for the audience to get off to by pretending it's their own dingdong.

But this isn't a gross hentai manga! It's a cute/moe/warm-fuzzy-feelings manga that is also about sex. This isn't a manga focusing on weird fetishes and kinks. There ain't gonna be tentacles or obscene gushes of fluid. THEY DON'T EVEN DO THE "n-no~", "don't~", "that place is dirty~" BULLSHIT, FOR MADOKA'S SAKE.

I'm taking a guess here, but this manga seems like it's gonna be about these two ladies and their feelings for each other, and they're gonna have sex, and there will probably be some half-hearted angst that gets resolved really quickly, and then they're gonna have more sex. It's gonna be about them and their feelings, not about the audience's crotch-rocket.

The mangaka's goal is to get you to think "hmm, love between girls sure is nice!", not "hmm, putting my dick between girls sure is nice!" The focus is on the women. This manga isn't going to break the immersion by having "insert-penis-here" moments. I'm guessing that toys will be used... kinda how they are in real life; to bring partners closer together and to have fun and different feelings and experiences during sex.

Toys can be used in ways that aren't Freudian, and it IS possibly for there to be kinky shit in a manga WHILE keeping it entirely about the characters and their feelings.

tl;dr: I think it's gonna be more like "The Real Her" than like early chapters of "Yurika's Campus Life".

CubieJ
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Heck yeah this is cute as butts! Ultimately, this kind of optimistic yuri can be used as escapism, so if you want to view it as polyamory, friendship, or a story that will continue on with all parties being happy, don't let anybody tell you you're wrong!

And if you're cynical, you can imagine that they go on to a life full of angst and unresolved feelings and that's fine, too.

CubieJ
Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

This is great and all, but I can't imagine Satsuki EVER being a moe sub and going "nooo~"; "this is embarrassing~".

Seriously, I know these hentai doujins aren't exactly great at keeping the characters canon but that is LITERALLY the opposite of Satsuki's character. I can't imagine how you could mess up a character so badly when there are actual, honest-to-god canon "sex" scenes with the character to draw from, where even when she's being molested she still stays proud and silent.

It's fine if you're into it, but I'm a little insulted that they messed up Satsuki-sama so badly, haha.

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

I don't watch Love Live, but I keep reading NicoMaki doujins for some reason. But yeah it was really sweet! It makes me wonder how different couples make the jump to talking about sex, since so many ladies are taught that sex is shameful and they have to be innocent maidens. I agree with lucamarte in that I wish there was less rape fantasy in manga, but I'm glad it was resolved consensually this time!

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

I think where people are getting confused is the distinction between sadism and S&M. While sadism is, by definition, taking pleasure at the suffering of others, that is NOT the entire definition of sadism in an S&M relationship. S&M relationships are about mutual respect, and that is clear if you read a manga like The Real Her, where the budding sadist, Yuuka, realizes that she only gets pleasure from giving Moe pain when Moe /wants/ to feel pain (ie. when Moe wants to be yelled at or stepped on), and NOT when she's forcing that pain on Moe when she doesn't want it (ie. when she crushes her mp3 player). On the other side, while Moe is trying to draw out the sadist in Yuuka, she still says all the time that they need to find compromise so they're /both/ happy. Both parties have to be into it in order for it to be a healthy S&M relationship, and I'm glad The Real Her is drawing attention to that.

This manga, however... hoo boy. I think it's safe to call Esumi a sadist, but in the original sense of the word, not the S&M sense. She's constantly bullying and groping and ogling the captain, forcing her to do things and calling her fat, while the captain protests /constantly/. Literally, almost every sentence out of her mouth is trying to refuse her or say no. It's entirely lacking consent. There may be mutual attraction between them, and I'm sure it will grow over time, but just because two people love each other doesn't mean they are magically incapable of being abusive.

If you must call their relationship S&M, you gotta at least admit that it's not healthy. If you enjoy or are turned on by characters like that, that's perfectly fine, since it's just a goofy manga, but please don't try to justify abusive behaviour as "healthy" or "fine", don't tell other people that they shouldn't feel uncomfortable with it, and for the love of Madoka, don't carry that kind of behaviour into your real relationships, unless you are positive that you AND your partner(s) are into it.

Healthy S&M relationships are based on respect, dignity and choice; and Esumi is not letting the captain have /any/ of those.

last edited at Jun 20, 2014 1:29PM