Forum › Posts by Akashic Records

Akashic Records
Shoujo-Ai vs. Yuri 12 May 09:06
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

I remember there was a forum called shoujo-ai.com (that or shoujo-ai.net) once. No wonder I can't find it anymore, it seems quite a number of ppl hate that term...

Akashic Records
My Beloved discussion 12 May 01:52
joined Sep 24, 2013

Well I can say that Jin has never really disappointed me so regardless of which direction the story goes, I think I will enjoy it.

There's always a first time for everything though hehe

I like it bitter as much as I like it sweet. Recently, I've been reading angsty manga for the angst part it self.

Akashic Records
Stretch discussion 12 May 01:41
joined Sep 24, 2013

That naked backside...
If you draw too much loli you'll forget what grown up women look like, don't do it kids.

Aw, I kind of like the way he draws Ran. She's very top heavy, and so her body is proportioned with that in mind. True hourglass figures are rare in real life, anyway.

Also, we hit 100 pages. Nice.

Not necessarily a perfect figure, at least he should have put on a slight curves...

Anyway, I'd fall in love with myself if I were Ran...

Akashic Records
Up and Down discussion 10 May 15:11
joined Sep 24, 2013

Wait, I don't get it. How could she think the MC was door-to-door evangelist? Why would a door-to-door evangelist be going to college? It's at least the third time they've met by the time she asks the question.

The impression you'd get when talking to them could be really misleading. They'd hear you. Makes reactions you'd think they catches your cue. And this and that before throwing bible quotes you'd rather not hear...

Is a door-to-door evangelist really a thing, because that's the only thing confusing me right now. Other than that this was definitely a nice mix of drama and cute.

There really are door-to-door evangelist, at least in the USA. Some Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door a few times a year and I always end up politely talking to them and accepting their literature rather than asking them to leave me alone. I guess that makes it partly my fault they keep coming, but I bet they would anyway.

I'm, literally, on the other side of the world, yet got them at my door as well...

last edited at May 10, 2015 3:14PM

Akashic Records
Nukoduke! discussion 10 May 14:33
joined Sep 24, 2013

"I wish these days would last forever..."
...that cursed line.

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

I'm interested in how she reject the confession over the phone while holding hand with her senpai.

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

I love it

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

Well I shed a tear, that was really beautiful...I get extra emotional with NanoFate.
One more thing...that extra...the kids...? kidS? ah...hnnng.

Vivio, and maybe she got her friends, or even Ein..

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

I enjoy the secret story this oneshot tells:
This is possibly the first instance of someone shipping yuri magazines in a yuri magazine.

Oh, I know that both of their names takes on Yuri Magazine's name, but to think that there's more to it than just name....

joined Sep 24, 2013

Ah, a potential yuri couple on chapter 30!

joined Sep 24, 2013

This series is gold! I thought I'd regret to see the end when it's announced, but there's none. And of course... "Magic can get around that" should be the answer.

joined Sep 24, 2013

yeah, can tell the ending is near with a chapter like this... but it's nice still.

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013
Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

Aki is denying it so much that makes it suspicious... even going as far as breaking the 4th wall... Aki, don't tell us you really *NO!* --EDITED BY AKI

That's what a strightman job I guess..

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

As someone who's been in three (and more) way relationships that have been plenty fulfilling, I'd suggest that what you said is correct and the issue is your not being able to imagine it rather than anything about the relationship structure itself. To be sure, a relationship like that carries a lot of social disapproval, but then so do lesbian relationships at all in Japanese culture. Plus of course it's fiction so whether it works out or not is up to the author saying it works out, and writing it so it's internally consistent. In this particular story, perhaps not. In other stories, definitely so.

Is everyone receiving exactly equal attention at all times in a three-way relationship? Of course not. That doesn't happen in two-way ones either.

Ah, right. Not that I disapprove that kind of relationship, I just can't imagine how does it work...

I'm a bit curious, but asking about it maybe rude..

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

The way I see their relationship, based on the subliminal message I thought is beeing shown in the anime, is going like this: Umi loves Kotori, Kotori loves Honoka, and Honoka likes both of them.

I uses like here not because I think she's in love with someone else, (I can't see anything between Honoka and Tsubasa >,<) but because she's either too dense about love or too focused on the whole school idols thing to be concerned about it. Of course I do agree that she likes them enough that she might agreed if one of them ask her out. And since the one who loves her is Kotori, I'm not with HonoUmi faction.

I do see it's possible for Honoka to be with Kotori, but it also depends on whether she noticed Umi's feeling for Kotori or not. She might be too dense to notice it and agreed to going out with Kotori. But in case she noticed it, she won't think twice to shot it down. She'd do this because she'll put μ's harmony in priority.

And that's what might actually happened in that episode when the three of them in triple hugs, maybe Honoka noticed their feelings, and that is Honoka's way to say "Both of you are important to me, so (for now) let's keep how things are like this". Well, a kind of "let's just be friend for now" rejection for Kotori, and most likely even before she confessed her love. Well, I think Kotori herself is content with it.

As for Umi and Kotori, I believe Umi always knows Kotori's feeling for Honoka. This might or might not stop her to ask Kotori out. If I'm to imagine Umi confessing her love to Kotori, eight out of ten she'll accept it. So KotoUmi is possible.

My logic can't accept HonoKotoUmi no matter how sweet it might sounds like. It fit them, and "everyone can be happy" that way, but there's now way I can imagine a three way relationship like that without leaving each of them favoring one over the other. Well... let's just use "love can't be explained with logic" and "this is an anime, so let it happen" to keep enjoying the sweetness of this ship can offer.

Gosh, I wrote too much. It's not like me at all.

joined Sep 24, 2013

this story is going to get sad when they grow up, they should be like me and love all anime girls loli or not.

No-no, lolis are love, lolis are life.

I heard witches doesn't age...

Akashic Records
LOVE/DEATH discussion 05 Apr 23:48
joined Sep 24, 2013

I feel bad for that poor soul who risks her life on the front lines defending the classroom.

Nah, she was just planning to watch them doing it in secret. Too bad they ended up going at each other throat instead, and it's too late to run away. Oh well... do remember that peeping is bad.

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

wtf am I reading!? I mean, whats with that ending!?

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

haha, a twist, and a cute one at that..

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

quite an interesting setup... going to follow this I guess

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

Waah, Massa becomes really cool XD
And I still think Remi and Ruki should have switched 7DS roles... But can't say anything since the author decided that way.

Akashic Records
Stretch discussion 26 Mar 12:11
joined Sep 24, 2013

I just started reading this manga but am I the only one trying some of the stretches as I read? XD The stretches here felt nice

Half way.. only a few of the first single digit chapter actually....

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

Really cute but when I looked at the title I was expecting another Husky and Medley....

I thought this doujin is named after that one because it uses the scene from Husky and Medley with Vocaloid character? Well.. isn't there a similar scene from Husky and Medley, when they're affirming their state of relationship?

Akashic Records
joined Sep 24, 2013

...should add horror tag too... I means, look at those people reactions, and isn't Minako looks just like a bongcheon-dong ghost?