Forum › Posts by Navidson92

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

How anticlimactic.

Pfft. Yeah, tell me 'bout it. Where was the murder and the political intrigue? And why didn't the Yakuza hitman make a reappearance after Act 2? Did the wife know the inheritance had been hidden beneath the floorboards the whole time or not? Simply dissatisfying! Pfft. ; )

Navidson92
Pieta discussion 01 Feb 16:28
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I adore this story... I think it might be the first piece that alerted me to how truly accomplished some yuri manga can be, not to mention introducing me to yuri as a genre within itself.

Love it. ^^

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I have a thing for stories involving trains. I like trains.

This.
This.
And some more of this.

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

The stories and the art is so beautiful.
Looking forward to more stories!

I second all d'is - I love this author's work. ^^

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 11:47PM

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Is anyone able to comment on whether this series is finished, or if/when any additional chapters are due to be uploaded?

There's a third chapter along with a few extra pages.

Thaaaaaank you!

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I really like this one. ^^

Not quite so sure about the use of the word "fag" with the illustration at the start, though...

last edited at Dec 10, 2014 7:06PM

Navidson92
Next to Her discussion 10 Dec 19:00
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I do love this one.

Me too... I find it oddly sweet. ^_^

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Is anyone able to comment on whether this series is finished, or if/when any additional chapters are due to be uploaded? I really like these opening pieces and would really like to see how the story progresses.

Thank you in advance, future comment-y person!

(Apologies if this comes across as a little self-entitled - I have naught but thanks to offer both the scanlators (whatever their respective job may be!) and DynastyScans for making the work available in the first place (as well as Kenzuma Kowo, of course))

last edited at Nov 15, 2014 5:29PM

Navidson92
Indigo Blue discussion 17 Sep 15:38
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I liked this one, although there is a point where I really wanted to kick the main character because of her lies. I read everything by Yamaji Ebine after this. Love her art (and taste in music).

^^ - I second all o' this.

...Maybe with a little less kicking, though.

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

This kinda makes you wonder if this is the window into the writers life . Could this have been something that happened to the writer themselves or someone very close?

Possibly. And then possibly not.
If they're a good writer their work will come across as entirely sincere, maybe a little personal, perhaps even possible, but you'll never know for sure.

EDIT: That's kinda why I like Jin's writing, I guess... I always feel she's trying to explore a specific emotion, or even just a very specific 'something', in her work. Makes it down-to-earth and accessible, maybe even a little relevant for some. ^^

last edited at Aug 28, 2014 11:09AM

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

oh my win! more takemiya jin!

^_^

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

me too <3

Me three.

Particularly that Aiu Station-duo.

Navidson92
Doomed Love discussion 06 Aug 09:51
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I love Yamaji's works, they're so realistic!

This. This. And some more of this. : )

Navidson92
Steps ch02 discussion 29 Jul 19:47
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Jesus Christ that dumb chick, i'm feeling more sympathy for the phone

Charming.

My apologies, but i've watched enough Naruto and generic shoujos to the point i get really ticked off when it comes to certain protagonists

No worries, guy (or gal!). I get that after reading/seeing stories where numerous peeps are simply super-naive the whole t'ang might become a tad frustrating. Particularly with same-sex couples. Since, you know... there're few enough that are actually together and/or happy as it is...

Edit: Just as an amendment - and whilst I am totes not judging! - I can't relate to the Naruto part... ('cause I've never actually seen a single episode : )

last edited at Jul 29, 2014 7:49PM

Navidson92
Steps ch02 discussion 29 Jul 15:49
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Jesus Christ that dumb chick, i'm feeling more sympathy for the phone

Charming.

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

well, all we can do is wait~

..................... All this waiting ain't easy...

Navidson92
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

"Hey, a woman's happiness lies in marriage, so I'm going to do that even though you're the one I love. And I love you so much that I'm going to rub it in any step of the way tee-hee!" Just because something elicits an emotion doesn't mean it's well written. The character acts like she is from space and only vaguely familiar with human emotion and the message this sends is reprehensible. And this won an award in 2011. Thanks for reminding me of this piece of shit, now I have to clean the palate with something.

But does the fact that this one-shot displays just how much such behaviour can hurt the 'one left behind' as a result of, as you and others have pointed out, social pressures deliver an important or at least empathetic message?

Perhaps the story's semi-autobiographical? Maybe the young woman getting on the train simply thinks she is doing what is right, as many, sadly, might. If so, hopefully many who read this (possibly as a result of its having won an award) will be that little bit more empathetic, just a tad more willing to be honest or open-minded, and then hopefully -hopefully- there'll be a few more happy stories in the world.

This isn't an attempt to suggest the story is brilliant or that you are wrong... Simply that, whether it's well written or not, whether you enjoy it or not, we'll all hopefully be that little bit wiser, and therefore a little happier for it. You may not change the world for the better, but you can make a dent. : )

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Harsh. Imagine being in that situation, playing along because its the closest you can get to what you really want and the hearing something like that. If it were me my heart might just freeze over and shatter.

Silly to call the mangaka a homophobe though.

This. And this. With a bit more of this.

I think the fact the girl in love goes along with the game despite knowing it's not going anywhere is the story's main appeal - and the friend wasn't meant to be malicious or uncaring, just a bit naive. Which kinda makes it sadder... : (

Navidson92
Canaan discussion 04 Mar 22:14
Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Many thanks for the upload, but may I ask whether what we have up on Dynasty is the complete publication?

Note: I didn't feel that the end to the series was bad... I think that Canaan as a whole was brilliant, but ultimately suffered from a lack of confidence somewhere along the line, like there was a lot more going on, but the creators were unable to completely follow-through.
(And I believe that what is brilliant about the end is all found in the thin red string. ; )

last edited at Mar 4, 2014 10:19PM