Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

As for all the thank you's and support comments, I appreciate it all, thank you back! I will consider doing more, a bit more seriously since even this title is appreciated! I sure hope they make something more akin to their first series though, I preferred it, haha!

This particular story seems a good one to critique.
Not exactly hate-reading, but a thoughtful "hmm, why does this get to me".

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Cross dressing seems lit but I'm just not built right for female clothes

You'd be surprised how many women actually aren't built right for their own clothes, either.
Women have too many body shapes, so it's just usually like "eh, good enough" unless they're tailored.

last edited at Sep 4, 2021 12:25AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

did she just implied that sleeping for eight hours is not enough?
silly silly silly

Um ... even adults are meant to get 9 hours of sleep ideally...

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Haha, the only reason I know (non-sexual) girls' parties in love hotels are a thing, is because of the most recent Otherside Picnic volume.
I was like ... huh. That's special.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I actually giggled at the random kimochi.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Whoops to anyone who accidentally read this at work or in public because they thought the NSFW was a joke...

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Stories like this where the author artificially writes characters that can't communicate are so frustrating. And no it's not good story writing, it's lazy. And no, it's not real conflict. It's completely artificial.

In this situation, I find it pretty real though? Not everyone is straight forward type who could say whatever they think, especially in this situation. If I were Yuna, I would want to collect enough evidence before confronting Rena about how she lied, because what if she is indeed cheating on Yuna? Asking her right away only make her guarded and it'll be difficult to find out if she is really cheating or not later. Although I'm the hot-tempered type so irl I would confront my partner about the lie right away, but a lot of my friend did that, acting like nothing happened, then investigate it yourself to make sure if they're cheating on you or not, and I don't think it is "bad communicate", in some situation, it's actually a smart move.

Yeah, we've got some weird takes from people here.
If it was forced drama, I'd be totally on board with "yeah, this is poor storytelling". But as I've been reading this arc, I've been struck by just how realistic this lack of communication and misunderstanding is based on the two personalities involved.
It's like people can't be happy with a real story any more. They only want fluffy happy time and don't care if that means there isn't a sustainable story involved (and paradoxically, what they say they want is the absolute opposite of any kind of realism in a story)

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You know what'd solve this dilemma?
They've really got to stop sleeping in different rooms. They need to be together properly.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

When she said 'I loved you too...! of course I also love the guy I'm dating now too. And I'm not going to break up with him... But... If you're OK with that', I thought she'd say 'You don't mind beein' my side piece right?'.

Lmao, that was what I was thinking.

I was actually expecting she suggest a poly relationship for half a second.
Don't know why I expected that, it's not something manga's tend to suggest.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

To me, that last hug felt a lot like a goodbye to their old feelings. A proper closure of an old chapter in good terms. So this development is not at all unreasonable.

Yes, that's exactly what it is, and that's my problem with it? They still hold those feelings, so the only reason they're saying goodbye is solely because of circumstance. That doesn't really contradict anything I said above.

It'd be one thing if they already moved on at some point before this naturally, but they obviously did not.

I feel you, the whole situation was just ... strange. Like, she cut off the confession to say she had a boyfriend, but then she accepted it and said "me too". Like ... what? Along with the "it's about time you said it". Like, why did Wakana have to be the one who said it?

Overall, it left a super weird feeling to me, and yes, then made the rebound super forced.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The matter-of-fact tone of "no extras" made me laugh a bit.

Ehhhhhhh
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Aug 06:44
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I think this is more interesting than the main story, haha.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Well, if it had to default accidentally end somewhere, that's as good a place as any. Seems like a really abrupt open end, so that's kinda okay actually.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

If this was Facebook, I'd be tagging the group "this isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure."
Like, I get it when you start reading a story and you're disappointed, so you offer up a critique, maybe argue with other people's critique of your critique, 'cause you're into that sort of thing. You stick it out, you emphasise again and again what you wanted out of the story (actually, I don't know why you do that, seriously, go read a different story if you want a different story).
But then you get to chapter 10, and the special, and then to chapter 11, and you feel you absolutely must announce to the people who actually like reading this story, that you are going to drop it. That's peak attention-seeking right there. A comment that benefits no one.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

There you go, she said it, you can be content with that.
What pervert MC wants:
She wants senpai to be happy. And she wants to be the one who makes senpai happy. She knows her younger self absolutely did not make her happy, and she's gonna change that future, and get all the perks that come with it.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I live for these angry comments every new chapter. Bring it on!

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Dynasty commenters really live in their own little world sometimes, haha. Is the story as presented in front of you not good enough?
Hinoka clearly doesn't think they're dating. She wants to, but she's a super coward and probably has been for years. She is super into all of the new attention she's getting though,

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Thanks to everyone who commented with "plushie"
Stuffie sounds ... a bit too much like stiffie to me. Maybe it's the Aussie in me. You just can't do that with that word

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oh man, her attempts at being the wing...woman have gone up in flames. Julie doesn't need someone else in the middle, it sure is confusing her.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Baha, these comments sections are the greatest entertainment.
Let's go through the complaints:
- Too much ecchi
- MC shouldn't treat her past self as a different person
- MC shouldn't be the character she was introduced as in the first episode.

The new thoughtful comments about the MC's personality would be fine, if we didn't get the first chapter we got. Where did you get the sense, in the pining woman who went to go masturbate in a children's park, that she was in any way a confident person, rather than desperate.
Everyone seems to have built up their own idea of where the story "should" go, instead of seeing what the mangaka has clearly laid out in front of us all. Either you assume that we have some information on the time travelling situation that the MC doesn't have, or you want the character to be someone other than who she is.

Your stories are intriguing, and thoughtful, for sure, and would probably be nice to read, but you really need to stop projecting.

I'd be more uncomfortable with the molesting if Saki-senpai ever made any effort to avoid it.
She meets a woman who saves her, but immediately kisses her as a "reward"
She follows that woman into a bathroom alone
She invites that woman out to the movies
She tells that woman about her acting failure and accepts her help.
She invites that woman ... to her school and wants to introduce her to the rest of her club members.
MC isn't forcing her senpai into any of these situations, so it's not exactly grooming. There's something about MC that senpai just ...wants.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

It doesn't make any sense to have a human torso sticking out of an oversized snake tail either.

Just as it doesn't make sense for a duck bill, a beaver tail and otter feet to be sticking out of a mole-like body, right?

People (Americans usually) who say a Platypus is some kind of chimera are super weird to me (an Australian who knows the platypus and thinks they are just natural).
An animal being unique does not make it not "make sense"

.... A mamal that lays eggs makes no sense either...... but platypus

And echidna. And some others that have gone extinct.

Ditto to the idea of echidnas or any other monotremes being somehow unnatural.
No one said that a mammal that lays eggs cannot exist according to nature. They're just super rare.

Edit: whoops. I should say something on topic
Niina is sweet in a weird forceful way, and the way Sakura just called her an idiot and then slept beside her... They should totally be a couple.

And having binged the entire 12(.5) chapters (lucky me, I didn't have to wait), I can't really see how Sakura is not some kind of actual succubus, with her waaaay unnatural sensitivity and proclivity to accidentally getting into compromising situations.
I don't agree that she's unconsciously attracting them, though, because they've all mentioned they just dare to go farther with her because they think she's a succubus and that's a totally normal and cool thing to do with a succubus.

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 10:36AM

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Getting called out by the B.

God this MC is just so strange. She just keeps acting like her younger self is a compelety different person and keeps getting jealous of them. It's just so weird that she barely acknoweldges they exist and doesn't even think of them. I thought maybe she might befrend her since it seemed like she had a pretty lonely time in high school but no, she doesn't care about her younger self. This MC is just so one dimensional, all she think's about just senpai.

^this, and the extent of it is starting to piss me off.

You are all just so ... so ... I can't even think of a word, because I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just questioning your logic skills.

Her younger self is a different person. She can't feel what her younger self is feeling, they don't share senses. The only thing MC has is memories, and incidental little things she probably can't even remember playing out right in front of her is so clearly not something she feels in the now. I don't really understand how you all can not understand how she'd treat her younger self as a different person. You're approaching this story completely differently to what has been set out before you.

The MC has not ended up in the past due to a magic spell that has a definitive ending, she doesn't have a time machine. As far as she is aware, this is now how she will forever live. How would helping her younger self help her? Her senpai will either continue as she had in MC's memories, and go off and marry someone else, or she will get her younger self and senpai together, and she will simply have the future all alone again. You need to start thinking of them as two different people, as there is absolutely no evidence that doing anything for her younger self will improve her life at all. And if her younger self grows into her present self, goes back in time and does exactly what she is doing now, all the better.

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

She was going so well, and then turned pervert again. I kind of love how angry commenters get about her, wanting her to be a good person when she's clearly just terrible with a side of thoughtful.

And at least right at the end there, she had some sense of reality in her.

Edit: bahahahahaha. Read the comments after writing my own, and commenters still complaining about the MC. Like ... that's a poor awareness of how people work, even less of how characters work. She needs to actually learn something before she changes (as in this chapter, where she learned about the concept of "withdrawal of consent"). She's not going to magically be a better person just on merit of you guys wanting that story so badly.

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 5:00AM

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Hah, emotional relationship with one girl, sexual relationship with another.
Then you find out they're both the same person!

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Noa's a bit unfair, actually. If she wants to spend more time with Amano, she shouldn't be asking her to pay for it. Take a step forward and get out of this business relationship if that's what you want.