Forum › Posts by Mr. Zilla

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Okay, where are they going with this?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Nice colors. It reminds me of Pleasantville.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

But seriously, where did she get that fan?

And where did she plug it in?

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

There's a Kuudere tag now. Does Hino qualify?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Tyler Durden interacted directly with other people.

Fair enough, and while it's a different situation than the one I was describing, the careful crafting of the author still applies. Tyler was an alter ego, who was never spoken to or acknowledged by other characters at the same time as the narrator. There's several shots of Nikaidou and Tadokoro together with people talking about both of them by name (including Tadokoro's own mother), so according to the evidence, she's a real person. If there's some reveal later that she wasn't, then it wouldn't be supported by the evidence and would just be lazy storytelling.

Still, just in case we did meet Tadokoro at a very strange time in her life, I'm keeping this on stand by (I really like Fight Club).

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I've honestly been thinking there's some sort of Fight Club thing going on with Sakurako. Ever since their date.

I would refer you to my post on page 108 about why this doesn't make sense.

This makes zero sense. When a character isn't real, or is imaginary, the author takes great pains for them to not actually interact with anyone but the MC. Otherwise, it would just be a shitty gimmick. Nikaidou has physically interacted with and spoken to multiple characters. She's just not there.

Tyler Duren interacted directly with other people.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I feel like the inclusion of attempted sexual assault is really out of place for a fluffy comedy strip, but I guess Super Saiyan Sakurako is pretty cool.

You're overlooking the hardboiled subtext of this manga. Why wouldn't there be an attempted rape?

It feels tonally out of place with everything else that happens in this manga. Bullying is one thing, but attempted rape is something else entirely.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I've honestly been thinking there's some sort of Fight Club thing going on with Sakurako. Ever since their date.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I love it when they go all Pleasantville on us.

Mr. Zilla
Kuudere discussion 26 Jun 00:57
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

The best kid of dere there is.

Mr. Zilla
Chubby discussion 26 Jun 00:54
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Oh yes.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Is everyone just forgetting that Omichi is really dumb.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Note to Self: Never eat Shirako

last edited at Jun 21, 2020 4:45PM

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

It's not everyday that Tamamusi does something NSFW. Let's hope it carries over to Bright and Cheery Amnesia.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Seems ok, but not really a big fan of Shiho character types, who seem really detached and lethargic/uninterested in everything. (even if she's not and just can't express herself). But interested enough to keep reading.

Never forget that this was the first comment on the discussion.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Do people still not like Shiho?

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Going back to chapter 5, which lollipop do you think Hino gave Koguma?

Mr. Zilla
Yuru Yuri discussion 10 Jun 21:52
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I also like how, even tho they know the 'love letter' is from a girl from the start, that one fact is never even mentioned as relevant- it seems perfectly normal and fine to them both.

I mean what male exists in the world of Yuru Yuri to write that letter? In fact, what male exists in the world of Yuru Yuri period?

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

This could make a good OVA movie or something.

last edited at Jun 9, 2020 9:42PM

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

And we're back.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Could there be a Thick or Chubby tag? There's a Muscles tag, so I don't see why not.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Will there be more?

Mr. Zilla
Image Comments 06 Jun 00:05
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018
65858749_p0

On a side note, I think there should be a Thick or Chubby tag or something else along those lines.

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

What does it say about me that I was admiring the fake camera focus before realizing what was being focused on?

last edited at Jun 1, 2020 12:34AM

Mr. Zilla
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Ah yes. The "cheating with a man" cliché. Because everybody loves that right?