Forum › Posts by Seira

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@shidow - Not at all. I'm rooting for a Kotooka end as well.

@Serenata - I think as long as spoilers are appropriately tagged, it should be fine. :)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Skimmed through chapter 20 (kind of in a hurry):

Washio and Asakura have a heart-to-heart talk. Washio asks Asakura how he'd feel if someone of the same gender liked him, and upon getting a positive response, she reveals her love for Kotooka to him as well. Washio confides a bit in him regarding their current situation, and they get into a discussion about how they view themselves (Washio thinks she is uncool and feels insecure as she thinks back to the fight with Kotooka in the previous chapter).

At this point, Asakura talks about how he used to dislike himself through elementary school (closed off from others and rude), until one day, he met Tsukasa at a summer festival. We see here this is why he likes her - because she inspired him to become a better version of himself. From there, he discovers the appeal of heroes and becomes more like them. He's more open with others and his friendliness attracts the attention of other people. In the end, he is happy with where he is now because he can finally say that he likes himself. Asakura reassures Washio that she is fine the way she is and doesn't need to change. Washio is then determined to make up with Kotooka, partially for Tsukasa's sake.

Tsukasa and Subaru die (not literally) of loneliness together on the couch. Tsukasa's friends quarreled in the last chapter, so all she can do is hope that they make up. Meanwhile, it seems that Subaru might've had an argument with Asakura several chapters back (I didn't read anything before 19, so I'm unsure) and he has a nightmare of Asakura giving him the cold shoulder. As he gets up, he wonders why he's thinking about him.

The chapter ends with Subaru posing as Tsukasa during her daily morning jogs (a routine she discontinued in one of the earlier translated chapters), so Asakura is shocked at her appearance. "Tsukasa" tells Asakura that Subaru has a message for him (or rather, "she" literally says "I've come here in the place of Subaru.")

last edited at Dec 15, 2016 1:45PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

^It just a PR for the first volume, which is out now and costs 593Y + tax.

If i'm not wrong, 593Y is not much money. Mayve even less than 5 dollar

Like a little more than 5 USD, yes.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

EDIT: Also, I wonder whose thought bubbles these belong to: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch11#19 (up until page 21)

It says:
"Ah... This is it. It's this sort of feeling. She and I have always joked around like this. That's what feels comfortable..."

Those are Shiratori's thoughts.

Kotooka x Shiratori pls. ;^)

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yeah, basically. I mean, 10 years old! That's double digits! That's gotta mean something, right? ... Right?

SORRY.
SORRY FOR EXISTING.

So i betrayed you guys and read chapter 11 in another place... Damn that end was creepy

You mean the faces or the dialogue? Because I sure felt like Mimika's facial expressions were really overdone.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

As much as I want the three have them to reach a happy ending, I can't really imagine a perfect triangle relationship at this point in time. Kotooka doesn't like Washio romantically. Washio doesn't look at Tsukasa that way either, and same with Tsukasa towards Kotooka.

I've got my fingers crossed for a Tsukasa x Kotooka ending, but perhaps that's just because we barely see anything from Washio's perspective. Everything up until now has been about Tsukasa and Kotooka (ever since volume 2).

I'm with you here. I used to be a huge WashioxTsukasa supporter, but ever since seeing Kotooka's real feelings, its hard to root against her. She's the one who's struggling the worst since she has to bring herself to like guys for the sake of not being called weird or abnormal and she also has to see how much of an idiot her crush is by not noticing her real feelings for her.

I still think this could only end with one of them being hearbroken by the one they like, who that character is still unknown, but i noticed that the theme this series have so far is that no matter what you do someone ends up hurt one way or another.

Kotooka's hurting because she knows the full story between her friends, which really sucks because now she feels that she alone has to make an executive decision that may or may not put their entire friendship at stake. And it's made even worse by the fact that if Kotooka tries to seek help from her friends, she's afraid it'll make everything that they've built up just crumble to the ground. It's an incredibly tough position to be in, especially at an age where they're starting to discover a new range of emotions and learning to treasure their friendships.

I can't blame Kotooka for acting the way she has. She is stuck between a rock and a hard place because she WANTS to be selfish and make her feelings known, but she knows she can't because it might end up hurting everyone else. What we're seeing in the recent chapters is Kotooka taking a huge risk and trying to talk to her friends about it so she can finally feel at ease... but of course, Subaru and Asakura came along and will probably ruin it (I haven't read the next chapters up until 19, so I don't know what happens after chapter 11).

What I'm bothered by the most is the fact that we've seen so little of Washio's perspective in all of this. We don't know how exactly she views Tsukasa, or what she likes so much about Kotooka (in detail). I personally don't care about Washio's character as it is because she is the one I can connect with the least. Hopefully this is explored in later chapters, but if not... Tsukasa x Kotooka incoming? ;)

In any case, you're right. This manga seems to be heavily focused on the theme of losing something. Subaru is slowly losing sight of his sister, while the three girls are all afraid of doing something that may detriment their friendship. I feel like Asakura's feelings for Tsukasa might also have something to do with it, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Also, I wonder whose thought bubbles these belong to: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch11#19 (up until page 21)

It says:
"Ah... This is it. It's this sort of feeling. She and I have always joked around like this. That's what feels comfortable..."

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 5:55PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

As much as I want the three have them to reach a happy ending, I can't really imagine a perfect triangle relationship at this point in time. Kotooka doesn't like Washio romantically. Washio doesn't look at Tsukasa that way either, and same with Tsukasa towards Kotooka.

I've got my fingers crossed for a Tsukasa x Kotooka ending, but perhaps that's just because we barely see anything from Washio's perspective. Everything up until now has been about Tsukasa and Kotooka (ever since volume 2).

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I for one appreciate Bloom Into You's strong anti-girls-getting-hit-by-trains stance

But Touko's sister was japanese trucked :P

Somehow, seeing Aoba's face in your avatar makes this comment 10x better.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

For some reason, I thought Mimika was in her first year, even though the first chapter clearly introduces her as a second year, LOL.

Yeah, Mimika's gotta be 16-17, but I'm going to strictly believe Yuzumori is 10 and not 9. :(

It just depends on whether they've had their birthday that year or not, doesn't it? x)

Either way, the manga explicitly states they're seven years apart, so at least we know the size of the age gap, which is what I think started this conversation in the first place. ;x

Well, I clearly have bad memory. :(

I'm... still going with Yuzumori being 10 and Mimika as 17.

Don't worry, I can barely remember my own birthday. I just happened to re-read it the other day... x)

Why are you so particularly hung up on her being 10 though? Just that it makes it marginally less illegal? ;D

Yeah, basically. I mean, 10 years old! That's double digits! That's gotta mean something, right? ... Right?

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

For some reason, I thought Mimika was in her first year, even though the first chapter clearly introduces her as a second year, LOL.

Yeah, Mimika's gotta be 16-17, but I'm going to strictly believe Yuzumori is 10 and not 9. :(

It just depends on whether they've had their birthday that year or not, doesn't it? x)

Either way, the manga explicitly states they're seven years apart, so at least we know the size of the age gap, which is what I think started this conversation in the first place. ;x

Well, I clearly have bad memory. :(

I'm... still going with Yuzumori being 10 and Mimika as 17.

last edited at Dec 7, 2016 7:04PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Thanks a lot for your summaries @Seira, they're always helpful for those who barely understand japanese. So it seems that Yuzumori might misunderstand Mimika's words and think that she's just breaking their friendship off.

I think there's a 50% chance that Yuzumori took it as Mimika breaking their friendship off, but also a 50% chance that Yuzumori understood what Mimika was getting at, although this is something I'm unsure of so we'll have to wait until chapter 12 comes out. We can only make interpretations based off of Yuzumori's reactions.

I don't think Yuzumori wouldn't react with such disgust if she did understand what Mimika was saying. I mean, just a minute ago she was jealous of how close she was with Shi-chan and how she wanted to get close with Mimika herself. I think she just misheard Mimika's words due to her crying voice.

Oh yeah, maybe. Perhaps Yuzumori only heard Mimika say that she doesn't remain as "just friends", which would be unfortunate :(

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Thanks a lot for your summaries @Seira, they're always helpful for those who barely understand japanese. So it seems that Yuzumori might misunderstand Mimika's words and think that she's just breaking their friendship off.

I think there's a 50% chance that Yuzumori took it as Mimika breaking their friendship off, but also a 50% chance that Yuzumori understood what Mimika was getting at, although this is something I'm unsure of so we'll have to wait until chapter 12 comes out. We can only make interpretations based off of Yuzumori's reactions.

last edited at Dec 5, 2016 5:58PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Maybe, but as for me, i think Yuzumori rly has that feelings. Yes she is still kid, but in a same time she is much more mature (compare to Mimika) and the way how she acts (this jealousy and a wish to monopolize Mimika). Its more than "like".
PS: its only my view.

Well, I won't put up an argument, haha. I can see where you're coming from, but I just wanted to clarify that the most accurate translation would not have Yuzumori say that she "loves" Mimika, so "like" is the correct word.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I think at the very end the original B-ko lets the clone kill her when she realizes that if the clones can live happily together 'like that' then that's better than her living like this any longer. They'll live happily ever after in a way she never could. After all, it's the clone A-ko over there, not the original. It was a clone all along.
Wait, can the clone make more clones? That would, for sure, mean B-ko is the original, not swapped in the very beginning.
If it is clone B-ko at the very end? Running off to live with clone A-ko? At least they won't have to keep murdering themselves any longer.
(I hope we can edit this in case I re-read it and figure it is different)

Hmm, I'm under the impression that the disease is based off of desires, so since clone A-ko and B-ko are now happy together, they have no more to ask for.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

1 question. In last сhapter Yuzumori said "i like you".
I thought,that,when somebody say "...ことが好き" its mean "I love you"
Am i wrong?

Not always. I think the 「こと」just makes it more specific, as in "the one I like is Mimika (specifically)", and the 「好き」can very easily be taken as "like" friendship-wise, which seems to be the case here.

So basically, it all depends on the context. Yuzumori has shown (as far as we know) that she has no romantic feelings for Mimika, so naturally it would make the most sense if her sentence is just her saying that she enjoys Mimika's company.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

They have a 7 year dif

8 years

Pretty sure Mimika is 15-16 and Yuzumori is 9-10.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Chapter 11 spoilers:

Basically, it's mostly Mimika thinking to herself about how badly she wants to tell Yuzumori that she likes her romantically, but ultimately cannot because she doesn't want to ruin their current relationship. Mimika believes that Yuzumori's form of「好き」is different from hers, so she tries to calm herself down and not have any delusional thoughts about it.

Mimika thinks back to the memories they shared together and realizes that she definitely can't ruin their relationship because she would feel absolutely crushed if she said something that would stop them from being friends since Yuzumori is already so lonely... so eventually, Mimika answers Yuzumori by casually saying, "I really like you too, Yuzumori-san!" (not as a confession though).

HOWEVER, shit starts going down the drain when Mimika tries to shut her romantic feelings for Yuzumori away. Mimika, not wanting to let go of those feelings, breaks down because she is unable to move on. If I'm seeing this correctly, it looks like while crying, all Mimika managed to say out loud was:

Mimika: I like you... (just the typical「好き」, nothing too special... to Yuzumori, at least)
Mimika: ... Giving up is impossible. (Be aware Mimika doesn't explicitly say what she's giving up on)
Mimika: Simply remaining as just friends...
Mimika: I don't want that!
Mimika (to herself): It's over.
Mimika (to herself): I really went and did it.
Mimika (to herself): There's no turning back now. / There's no way we'll be able to go back to the way things were before.
Mimika (to herself): I have broken down. (Rough translation... I suppose she's basically just saying "RIP me")

EDIT: Forgot to mention that in the above, I believe what's implied is that Mimika's words can be taken as "I don't want us to be friends anymore", but it's entirely left up to interpretation. Actually, no, I don't know anymore, LOL. This is just what I think, but I could be entirely off the mark. Yuzumori might know what's going on.

last edited at Dec 4, 2016 5:29PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yes, and i believe we recall that the ending and title of the play is still undecided. So it means either the ending will be the same with the way Touko choose to live her life or she makes the ending as her reference.
I think the ending of the play arc will be the closure for the issue Touko shoulder all this time.
...the most possible ending of the play is that the main character actually doesn't choose from the 3 option and instead making a new option that only belongs to her. Maybe.

If the title of the play is Yagate Kimi ni Naru, it will seriously angst me, it gives me the feeling that the series is coming to an end soon. I hope this arc (is this the play arc? I wonder if we'll see the play in this volume) isn't the last arc
Also reminds me how brilliant the title will probably be when we fully realise what it's suppose to mean. As of now, it's still pretty enigmatic. We see ways it links to characters and plot point, but i don't think we can say for sure yet.

Oh geez, I can totally see the title being that. In the most literal sense, it translates to "Eventually, I will become you" (not "yours" like the original translation of the title was), which heavily reflects Touko's desire to become her sister. Whether she wants to actually become her sister (i.e. she abandons the identity of "Nanami Touko" entirely) or just be like her (i.e. bears the same personality traits as her sister) still remains a mystery.

Seira
It's Okay discussion 29 Nov 01:39
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/UUTWsEF.jpg (from a later chapter in WataMote)

^
Makes me think that Ucchi is discovering something.

EDIT: Posted the image because it looked like Ucchi made an "omigod lesbians?!" face after Tomoko's explanation.

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 5:41AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

How many chapters is this in Japan? Cam we expect a steady flow? Really love the slow SoL-with-yuri stuff but sometimes how slowly it all comes out kinda kills it.

Around 21 chapters are out, I believe? I don't think it counts as a spoiler to say this, but it doesn't seem like it will end anytime soon. There are plenty of things left to cover in the story, in my opinion.

As for the yuri? Minor spoilers ahead:

Just a lot of blushing here and there, really, so it's mostly subtext for now. Nobara and Yukino are starting to learn more about each other and they're getting closer, but they're still just friends with each other. Of course they're still super cute around each other, but... (continued below)

Moderate spoilers below:

I seriously feel like there are more hints of romance between Ookami and Akai-senpai (who gets introduced a little later in the story), as well as Okisaki and Kinoshita. There's also your average "onee-sama!" relationship between Touyama and Okisaki, but it doesn't extend beyond that. BUT even those pairings are still veeeeeery subtexty, so don't expect too much.

As a person who usually dislikes things that are too slow or primarily SoL-with-yuri stuff, I think this series is a rare exception. Not sure why, but I personally think it's worth a read and a follow as well.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

The vibes I get as of chapter 19 is that Tsukasa might come to understand or learn of Kotooka's feelings (perhaps towards her or just in general) in the coming chapters. With everyone going their separate ways (temporarily, most likely), it seems like it's a reflection "arc" for Tsukasa, so to speak. I don't know how many chapters are left for the series, but I daresay this arc is posing as the biggest obstacle for the trio's friendship thus far.

Kotooka reached a breaking point in chapter 19 because she kept all of these thoughts, feelings and secrets to herself, so she is currently stuck between the choice of keeping her friends or leaving them behind with her lips sealed without looking back. Meanwhile, Washio is also taking her sweet time to think about her feelings for Kotooka after their most recent fight. Personally, I think there is a chance she might learn about Tsukasa's feelings here as well, but maybe not.

Finally, Tsukasa is caught in the middle of everything. She wants the three of them to stay friends more than anything, but doesn't know how to get Kotooka to come around (since Tsukasa is siding with Washio in the latest argument). It'll be interesting to see how this will turn out.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Looking at the original text, it uses 好き. Looking up it's meaning, it could go either way, either Love or like in a non romantic sense. The thing to note though is that on page 11, Mimika uses the same word, even though it's pretty obvious she loves her...guess we are just gonna have to wait and see.

Yep, and that's probably why Ejima decided she wanted the chapter to end right there, LOL.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I'm gonna be a bit nitpicky with the translations here.

So I don't know why the fourth panel on the first page (where Shiori just says "...") is like that. She actually says 「満足したんで」, which is basically like "I'm already satisfied" (as in she finished what she set out to do) in response to Mimika, who asked if she was going home.

The first thinking bubble on page two should roughly say something like "Shii-chan seemed to be in a good mood" (「しーちゃん...... なんか機嫌よさげだったな」) rather than stop just at "Shii-chan."

Deleted the top two edits because it seems that Ejima Eri changed the text in the original, which means that the current translation is correct.

The third bubble on page three should say something more like "Somehow, she looks kind of upset...?" (「なんだかご立腹でいらっしゃる...?」) rather than "Why is she so upset...?" While this one might seem like a minor change, I personally prefer this because the original text doesn't sound like Mimika is automatically assuming that Yuzumori-san is angry.

Page four, here's what I think would've been more accurate:

Bubble #1: Even though you say you have lots of fun when you're with me... 「私といるとすごく楽しいって言ったのに、」
Bubble #2: It seems like you have more fun when you're around that girl. 「あの人といるほうが楽しそうだよね。」

Besides the accuracy, I think the above translation is less awkward sounding (rather than the current text, which uses "have" twice really close together in the same sentence) and Yuzumori's words are more general as opposed to being super specific.

Page seven, second panel, after Mimika thinks "Huh... what is this?", Mimika actually says she wants to get closer to Yuzumori little by little instead of her saying she wants to get to know her more. 「これからゆっくり少しずつ仲良くなれたら...」It's a minor change though.

Page twelve, last speech bubble - it should say "So I want to get to know you better," but again, a minor detail.

My translations may be a bit rough and nitpicky, so keep that in mind.

Well, we know hardly anything about Yuzumori's actual feelings and intentions are. But as to what she knows about romantic feelings, we can be fairly sure she has a grasp of the theory. She spends tons of time reading teen fashion mags, which can be expected to obsess over that stuff.

My post was actually referring to a Pastebin link of a translation that was posted earlier. Yuzumori-san said "Mimika, I love you" instead of "like", so I wanted to argue that Yuzumori-san's words don't necessarily mean "love" based on the Japanese text.

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 10:50PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@Seira - thank you for the summary. Just wanted to knowif it's still yuri in the latest chapter.

I liked the series, and i'm not even bothered by the guys in it. When i first heard about the 'siscon' brother, and about main girl having a boyfriend spoiled in /u/, i was wary about the series, but having read these, it wasn't that big of a deal for me, seems like the usual /u/ overreacted response over male presence.

Though of course, since this series was clearly yuri right from the get go, i was expecting that it ended in yuri, I dont care if it goes in polyamory ending, or just the two of them dating where one have to suffer. If it ended in the usual friendship resolution, or even worse, moved on their feeling by being het, the author needs to get kicked in the balls.

Favorite character so far would be Kotooka for me as well, because she was so flawed. I loved flawed character, because most of the time they're the one who feels more 'human' than the rest, so its easier to relate to such character.

For sure. It's still kind of yuri given the recent turn of events. I think the arc after chapter 19 is going to be super important, but it depends on how chapter 20 will turn out. Again, Tsukasa might end up learning a lot in this arc.