Forum › Posts by Jeanne Mathison

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I think that's what Shimura wanted, make us think Akari is older than Ayano, just like Akari believed, until ch.2 reveal, when we find she's 35
Akari is prolly in her late 20s, say 27 or 28, and she thought Ayano was 25 or so, younger than her, and we thought it too until the reveal when we find Ayano is 10 years older than she looks like
So at first it looked like: Akari 28, Ayano 25 or so.. then we find the truth: Ayano 35, Akari 28... I think that's how it is

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I have a question does anyone know if their going to be a anime of Saeki Sayaka ni Tsuite? (spin-off light novel about Sayaka) Cause I think that would be great if it does.

There's nothing about that in Animenewsnetwork, and it's usually the best place to find the lastest news, so...

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

As for the rest, I'm going to echo Blastaar's words here, expanded to include all these various tangents we're off on at the moment. Discussion and debate are welcome, but off-topic derailments ought to be kept...in a different topic, preferably. If your discussions aren't directly relevant to the manga at hand, they likely need not exist in the manga's thread.

That means Blastaar & Nene can't talk anymore about Wild West novels? darn, and here I was hoping to learn more about those devilish Comanche hoss thieves......
just kiddin' :p

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Yeaaaaah okay you all if you like yuri with likeable girls in a relationship then drop this series. Cheaters are the absolute worst human beings and Ayano, one of the girls in the yuri pairing of this manga, is just a shameless cheater, while the other girl, Akari, who is honest and sincere, falls for this terrible person anyway. And then she decides she doesn't mind the infidelity of the skank and wants to keep having secret encounters with her anyway and it blows.

I guess it's time for you to stop reading this manga, then, and move on to stories that don't have the 'cheating' tag
The tags are not there just for show, ya know, they're supposed to be there to help you detect the themes & tropes you like and don't like, and dodge the stories you can tell from the start you won't enjoy

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

BUT STILL! I asked my friend for opinion. And she agrees with me that this manga is dumb, unrealistic and pointless.

That settles it, then: time for you to stop reading every new chapter of this manga and move on to better stories that your friend will approve of!
Buh bye, and don't let the door hit you on the way out

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

My soul was crushed when I realized this was only a one shot.

So many of you expected this to be a series, I don't get it
Isn't it obvious from the conclusion that it had reached the finish line? Demon Lord liked Hero from the start, and Hero was tsundere about it but when she starts crying over the Colas it's obvious she has admitted in her heart that she also likes Demon Lord
In this kind of yuri story where the point is to see if&how the 2 girls will become a couple, the only thing left after 'I love you' + 'I love you too' is 'and they lived happily ever after, The End'

last edited at Jun 14, 2019 10:41AM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Too bad Yori doesn’t speak Japanese.

If she did, she wouldn’t have misunderstood the girl, the same way we Westerners did.

That's a really poor, bitter attempt at sarcasm
Worse, sarcasm aimed at someone who actually reads Japanese and totally went out of their way to bring us some really valuable information that clears up dialogue confusion and helps us understand what is really going on

So sad, shame on you

Jeanne Mathison
Image Comments 12 Jun 00:55
joined May 24, 2019
Mommy

I love this AU, we need more

I've been wondering about this, can anyone upload images to the archive? How do you do it?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Trousers? I don't see Shizuku wear any trousers. What are you talking about, Saki?

I wonder about that too, it was so odd
Shizuku is wearing a long skirt, not trousers..... translation glitch?

Another thing I didn't get: in page 8 panel 3:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ill_cheer_on_my_yuri_onee_chan_ch02#8

What's on the sign? Mental Mayo? Maya?
Is it something you put on popcorn?

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 10:53AM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Kimi wa shoujo: A story about a slut rapist piece of shit adult who attacked an innocent girl who not only had no idea about lesbianism but had no idea about the concept of sex or love, ultimately abandoning her and leaving her with issues.

Yes that sort of arguments, there're 21 pages of comments just like that in the Kimi wa Shoujo discussion thread
That's why I said, just an idea, rather than write other 21 pages of identical opinions in this Ikenai Otona thread it's easier to go read that older thread and save yourselves a lot of time
Cause we all know Akemi will date Shion and have sex with her sooner or later, so if you're against that then why bother, right?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

There's a manga I read some time ago that sparked a similar controversy, even more so because in that manga it was a sexy 30 y.o. lady who actively pursued and seduced a naive mid school girl who was 14 y.o.
Actually I had forgotten the name of the manga, but drpepperfan remembered it for me: it's Kimi wa Shoujo by Nanatsu Fuji and it's completely translated and it's in the reader:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kimi_wa_shoujo

I recommend that all who want to question the ethics of the 'age gap' trope just go read the 21 pages of discussion for that story:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/13833-kimi-wa-shoujo-discussion

You'll see, all the arguments are already there :)

Jeanne Mathison
Koineko discussion 08 Jun 11:25
joined May 24, 2019

If you wanna, visit the E-hentai reader or some other online reader where H manga for boyz are collected, you'll see that the weird-bondage and weird-fluid-production fetish stories are really common

Well, we know where else you frequent :)

Oh, I only go there for the articles :p

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

https://i.postimg.cc/wMwsHX3K/wk77e7g9gug21-1.jpg

So happy to know I'm not the only gamer gal around here :)))

I'd like to contribute sumthing, perhaps a quote from Michael DeSanta complaining that the pedos are after his little girl Tracey, but I'm too lazy to go search for a good one

Wasn't Tracey, like, twenty years old or close?

22 actually, at the time of the events in the game..... and that's why it's so funny that her dad's always beating up and shooting guys who are leching after her, he's like 'how dare those PEDOS go after my little, little girl!' lol

Jeanne Mathison
Koineko discussion 07 Jun 13:36
joined May 24, 2019

What weird hentai world do you live in where this is common? As a guy I find neither of these things erotic, but even then it's up to personal taste. There are apparently enough people who enjoy this for the author to keep making them.

Well then there you go: I live in a world where "there are enough people who enjoy this for the author to keep making them"..... and it's our world, not a alternate hentai world :)

If you wanna, visit the E-hentai reader or some other online reader where H manga for boyz are collected, you'll see that the weird-bondage and weird-fluid-production fetish stories are really common

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Girl in mid school in a small rural town meets adult lady who is about 30 years old
This lady always wears kimono & lives a traditional Japanese lifestyle
Lady seduces schoolgirl, later it turns out lady is writer from Tokyo seeking inspiration for next book

I read it not so long ago, but can't remember the name

Is it this one? https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kimi_wa_shoujo

Ah, yes, that's the one, as soon as I saw the cover I recognized it!
Thank you! :)))

Jeanne Mathison
Koineko discussion 07 Jun 11:13
joined May 24, 2019

Anyone can make a convincing argument this is erotic?

Perhaps one of the boys in the forum?
This story is very typical of H doujin for boys, both straight and lesbian, it's very common to find things like massive breast deformation & lactation

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Girl in mid school in a small rural town meets adult lady who is about 30 years old
This lady always wears kimono & lives a traditional Japanese lifestyle
Lady seduces schoolgirl, later it turns out lady is writer from Tokyo seeking inspiration for next book

I read it not so long ago, but can't remember the name

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

and

War, war never changes.

So happy to know I'm not the only gamer gal around here :)))

I'd like to contribute sumthing, perhaps a quote from Michael DeSanta complaining that the pedos are after his little girl Tracey, but I'm too lazy to go search for a good one

Jeanne Mathison
Koineko discussion 07 Jun 02:24
joined May 24, 2019

Ah yes, typical yuri for boys, very different from the stuff made for girls
I guess it's ok from time to time

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

The idea that a woman can't break up a relationship unless she gives a explanation good enough to satisfy her partner is sick and revolting
The partner is not satisfied with her reasons? so what, who cares?

The problem with this case is Nene only said 'I don't love you anymore' and Amane of course was not satisfied, it makes Nene look bad and it's cruel on Amane, but if it's wrong to break up unless your partner is satisfied then by the same logic a girl can't break up with her abusive bf as long as he keeps saying her reasons are not good: 'You want to dump me cause I beat you up? no, I'm not satisfied with that reason, so stick with me forever'

You don't need any reason to break up with someone, just wanting it is enough

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Yeah. It get from 'I love this' to 'I wanna die' real quick.

Wanting to die from this is going a little bit too far

Repeat to yourself: ‘It’s just a manga, I should really just relax.’

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Yes 57 that's the one, the next untranslated one, I had the number wrong

Jeanne Mathison
Nutmeg discussion 04 Jun 17:58
joined May 24, 2019

So what happened to this?

Manga is on hiatus.

The translation or the actual manga?

The manga, the translation will go on, only perhaps not the same team