Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I keep coming back to that cover image, where Satsuki looks like she about to dig her claws into Chitose's neck.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I like this setup very much.
As for the dialect translation is she supposed to be from a rural area of Kansai or something?
I mean I get that they have a strong accent but still I wouldn’t translate a manga like this.

Why rural? The accent keeps making me think she's an engineer. (And no, that is not a Star Trek reference.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The boobs kinda bother me.

The character design is good, but the boobs are just "hentai boobs": oversized and too round. It feels out of place to me, if only because the story is kinda sweet.

But to each his own.

Thank god I wasn't the only one thinking that xD

All the more so because their "melons" appear to occupy a distortion in space, where they shrink precipitously when clothed (or expand when unclothed, take your pick). It's like the author selected body doubles for the H scenes.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015
  1. Most unrealistic thing about this manga: dicks landing outside the urinal guillotines. How can the dick and the person end up on the same side of the chopper? The absurdity of everything else I can take.
  2. Most uncomfortable moment: dicks (balls) in the drier getting tumbled around. Wince. Cringe.

I'm really uncomfortable with the sight of dicks, generally, but I found this oddly entertaining as well as thought-provoking. There is a lot going on here that's deeper than the page, from objectification to the overemphasis of sex (and, I assume, procreation) in a relationship.

Edit: Also, the comments are golden. "Banana." Lol.

last edited at Aug 5, 2018 7:03PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

While I root for the yuri ending, this one struck me as too much of a "false dilemma." Cute, but not very satisfying.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

So confused... Which one's the "sub" in this relationship? Or is it because they do it underwater and off panel (so we only see the text)?

Was it the author who referred to it as "Girls-ship" at the end of volume 1, or a translation option? Seems a pretty appropriate description at this point.

last edited at Aug 4, 2018 10:22AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Holy cow! How have I not started reading this before now?!?

Also, when did they start writing subtext in 28pt font?

Edit: ... as I see has already been remarked upon a time or two.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 6:09PM

Yuki Kitsune
Candy Trap discussion 21 Jul 11:35
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I think the author tried to make it clear that the "trial was over," meaning that the decision had been made. Not so sure it was conveyed successfully (or it was lost in translation, but I'm doubtful). Overall, not displeased with the concept, but I feel like it missed the mark a little.

Juri worries me, though. It's like she doesn't hold a single opinion of her own. With her, it's always about what others like. "I'll buy whatever you buy. I'll eat whatever you eat. I'll watch whatever you watch." I can think of some overbearing men who'd love to date someone so compliant. I couldn't stand being in a relationship like that.

Yuki Kitsune
Look My Way discussion 06 Jul 09:26
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

That was a double-barrel one-shot. Fun.

Yuki Kitsune
Murasaki discussion 03 Jul 08:54
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Why does this feel like it must be the school Chio-chan attends?

Yuki Kitsune
Their Story discussion 29 Jun 09:06
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Sun Jing leaving the class reps stuff laying in the street and then mocking him in class over it was the end of my appreciation for her character.

I don't think she was mocking him at all and her reason to leave them was pretty valid i thought.

I'm still puzzled where Mo Qiaonan found his student ID when Sun Jing and Mop Head only found an empty sleeve.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Back for my six-month reading (or maybe less). Never fails to fill me with warm fuzzies.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Definitely not tragedy. Would a Feels Train tag give too much away?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

What the fuck did I just read? More importantly: Why?

Yuki Kitsune
OL x Gyaru discussion 25 May 09:36
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

C'mon, the whole point of going yuri is that guys don't take enough time. There's no need to compete to see who finishes first. ;-)

Yuki Kitsune
Touma-kun discussion 16 May 19:27
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

How have I not previously noticed this little gem? It feels like each chapter is about a totally different MC with Touma-kun as a secondary character connecting them all.

"If we had to resign for something like that, this room would have been empty a long time ago." -- And Touma-kun is so dense, she probably has no idea.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I don't think it's just that she was "accommodating." Yotsuba looked downright excited to be parting ways. I can see why Yume might have felt like she wasn't wanted, or like there was someone else in Yotsuba's life. In a sense, there was. Just another story of drama resulting from lack of communication.

Although, for Takemiya Jin, this was unusually low on angst and high on sweet. I'll take a half-dozen more of these, thank you.

Yuki Kitsune
Salamander discussion 06 May 17:23
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

not lizard

Beat me to it. XD

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Just to toss in another idea here-- When I saw the "pure yuri" comment, I wasn't thinking in terms of "lesbian relationship" but rather Yuri as a genre. I feel like the goal of yuri stories is often to represent girl-girl relationships as something pure or chaste...at least, in some publications. Which, as others have pointed out, could well be a holdover from an earlier era, where stories that stepped over that line always seemed to end in tragedy.

Yuki Kitsune
Amanchu! discussion 16 Apr 14:59
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Honestly, knowing this author's works, I never expected it to go beyond subtext -- some underlying feelings which never quite come to bloom. But the anime has really been playing up the yuri-esque aspects of their relationship. Kind of startling how overt the signals there have gotten.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Huh. I think this is the first time Kay has outright failed a job.

Also, with that last statement, I can't see things ending well for Watanabe. Kay just said that having too much fun in his line of work will get him killed quicker (which makes a lot of sense, it's a good way to get sloppy or take unneeded risks) and now you have Mr. Wig pointing out that he's treating the whole thing like a game.

I'm still not sure if she was telling the truth about her charge dying. But, yeah, it sure felt like Whatanoobe was raising death flags. Nothing good can come from a haircut like that.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Nee, does anyone have a full-sized version of the cover page to this story? The image on the landing page is really sexy, but I couldn't find it in any of the chapters.

Yuki Kitsune
Yuru Yuri discussion 01 Apr 09:17
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

what the hell is top kek

I believe that's the tag formerly known as Yuri.

I have failed the know-your-memes quiz.

last edited at Apr 1, 2018 11:42PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

She should have her lip checked on if it hurts so bad she can barely eat anything. A small wound on the lip is not THAT bad.

Seriously, I was starting to expect a Supernatural twist.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Tell me the author didn't just introduce a rival. Can I please get through one good series without a freakin' rival?