Forum › Posts by arch99

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Um, I'm trying to download the series, and the download for chapter 4 seems to be broke. I'm getting a .rar file instead of a .zip file like all the other chapters, and it's called "[Vol.1] - 0004 - Secret of my Girl [English] by [MiamMiam-Team].rar" which is really not a chapter of this. Help?

Edit: Actually, I just realized Secret of the Girl is the name of the chapter - but still, it's a .rar file instead of a .zip, so I don't know what to do with it.

Edit2: Nevermind, I got it. the problem was my computer tried to open .rar files with my 3ds emulator instead of the unzipping application I have, everything's good now. Sorry for stupid questions!

last edited at Dec 23, 2019 9:57PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh my gooooosh I did not expect where that went in chapter 5. This is actually looking... pretty great, honestly, I really want to read the rest of it right now. Also I really want it to end polyamorous with Kyou getting to like Nikaidou too, but I know it won't

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Mc was childhood friends and gave pen I think to friend, friend moved away and Mc works at restaurant where she is getting betrothed at.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/water_depth

Oh god no now I'm reading this one again and it's making me cry. Fuck.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

the polyamory pair.

dat oxymoron tho

3 = two pair.

2 pair is 4 though. I'd argue if anything their relationship is 3 pairs - each of the permutations of the 3 of them.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

and an entire spinoff about Amane/Nina/Ryou, those 2-3 chapters are literally my favorite piece of any manga ever I'm so starved for cute polyamory

I think you're the first one i saw who really liked the polyamory pair.

Idk why you wouldn't if you don't mind polyamory, there's nothing that out-there about that section. You have some legitimate concerns that people trying to figure themselves out in the world of polyamory go through all the time, myself included. But they talk things out explicitly and end up happy. I saw criticism for it in a few places on here, which is part of why that paragraph was rather defensive, but I really don't see why people are so down on it, I thought it was wonderful. Like yeah, there's a bit of stupid drama, but this is schoolgirl yuri so that's hardly specific to that.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I just finished my reread of this - it's definitely my favorite manga of all time (and also by far the best poly rep I've ever seen in manga). I'm bumping this thread to bring it to more people's attention possibly, and also just because I wanted to leave a comment.
(I don't think it's the "best" manga I've read, that's definitely Bloom Into You, but it's good enough, and it's by far my favorite)

It's certainly unusual, and I would say highly successful, in its structure--there are lots of manga that are not unlike YagaKimi; it just does those things in a truly excellent way.

AnoKiss, though, tries something that I don't think I've ever seen in a limited-arc romance manga before--a central couple surrounded by a whole constellation of secondary relationships that take turns taking over the spotlight, so they aren't "sub-plots" but temporarily become main plots.

The whole thing is worth more than a single reading, for sure.

I think the way that Anokiss took all those separate relationships then thematically connected them back into the main relationship by having Shiramine talk to people about them to try and figure out her own is just... chef's kiss (though the fact that they didn't have Moe and Mizuki acknowledge they were more than friends is cowardice). I also would have liked to see like 1-2 more chapters of closure on Nagisa and Hikari (and an entire spinoff about Amane/Nina/Ryou, those 2-3 chapters are literally my favorite piece of any manga ever I'm so starved for cute polyamory - I still don't think it was rushed really, the things that needed to happen happened, concisely, but well done).

Also, I think Anokiss is more "normal" than Yagakimi, even though Yagakimi is a pretty standard story - the way emotions are explored through Yagakimi sets it apart from the norm more than the unusual nature of Anokiss's cornucopia of lesbians does. I think they're both interesting and wonderful separations from the standard, but I do think Yagakimi is more "different" from the standard recipe. It's ultimately a difference in presentation versus a difference in themes though. They're both so wonderful, I'd forgotten that Anokiss was like, actually good, as well as really really fun and enjoyable and wonderful. I had, in my head, reduced it to comfort food of a sort, not ultimately fulfilling or special or poignant just deeply satisfying and nice, but it is good, it really is deeper than I ever remember. It covers actual problems and weaknesses and emotions and just... god it's so good.

Sorry for suddenly ranting and losing all my coherence in this second paragraph I really love this manga and none of my friends read the same sorts of manga as me so I suddenly had the opening to express how I felt about it.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Eiko in Slow Start, I'd say.
Chiaki of Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki! is described like those as well, although actual moments of this kind are rare.

EIKO WAS THE OTHER EXAMPLE I WAS THINKING OF I DIDN'T REMEMBER, THAT WAS IT. Gosh, thank you, it was bothering me a ton that I remembered I'd had someone else like that that I thought of at first, but couldn't remember who. I've read both, but they're enjoyable reads all-told.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Okay so, this is a little bit complicated of what I mean, but I hope you'll understand. So, I'm looking for other manga with a character that's a playgirl, but in a more comedic and positive way. Mayuzumi Kasumi from "She Gets Girls Every Day", for example. I know I had a few other example but they're not occurring to me right now. The main characters from "B. G. M. S. R. P." kinda, though they're a bit more... toxic in their relationships than I'd like. Do you know what I mean overall though? That sort of positive or happy representation of a girl that just has lots of girls that like her. Or Fujiwara from "Secret of the Princess". I'm a sucker for it.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

That's the one, thank you!

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

It was 2 Office Ladies, one always leaves right at a specific time, but it's cause she's caring for her sister's kid, and the main character goes from hating her to helping her take care of the kid. It's yuri, it was pretty good.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I just finished my reread of this - it's definitely my favorite manga of all time (and also by far the best poly rep I've ever seen in manga). I'm bumping this thread to bring it to more people's attention possibly, and also just because I wanted to leave a comment.
(I don't think it's the "best" manga I've read, that's definitely Bloom Into You, but it's good enough, and it's by far my favorite)

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I can't wait to see their reactions when they learn they've been dating for so long.

Honestly my ideal is they finally tell their friends and just... one of the 3 is like "HAH I FUCKING TOLD YOU" to the other 2, because I can't imagine the 3 of them haven't been speculating for a while at the very least.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

It's an edited version of this.

Oh that makes sense, I do for sure recognize Morishima Akiko's art. disappointing to be sure.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Saw this image as a user's profile, definitely recognize the art, was wondering what manga it was from. Thanks!
https://dynasty-scans.com/system/users_avatars/000/017/629/medium/ZomgYuri.jpg?1425481375

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

pink artificial ones, yes.

arch99
Water Depth discussion 19 Dec 00:42
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Ah gosh this really hits me different. I can relate to so many parts of it, from both of them, and just, god.

arch99
Graphite discussion 18 Dec 23:56
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

on page 14, the little switch with her mouth from that surprised expression to that little excited sadistic smile - I've never better seen my sexuality summed up in a single image. (Pairing it with a snarky question too - mmmmph)

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

arch99 posted:

This?

That's the bitch. Thank you!

Edit: Oh damn I remembered them actually getting together, booooo!

It's left ambiguous. Some interpret they'll get together eventually, some think the relationship is dead. Draw your own conclusions.

As an optimist, I opt to interpret it as the former.

I interpret it as the former too I just thought I remembered it being explicit and during the story, so I'm sad it wasn't.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

This?

That's the bitch. Thank you!

Edit: Oh damn I remembered them actually getting together, booooo!

last edited at Dec 18, 2019 11:16AM

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I read one pretty recently, a girl tells another girl she loves her all the time and is super affectionate to her and everything, and then at some point the other girl was like "I wish you would say that and actually mean it" and then she's like "I've been saying and I've meant it the whole time". Something along those lines. It was pretty cute. Maybe part of a series of short manga?

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Would anyone be willing to hook me up with some Takemiya Jin stories that are more lighthearted, or at least have happy endings? I quite enjoyed the ones from Love Stories Log (also still interested in any good yuri involving trans women or polyamory, as always)

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

BV - yeah, I found that site, but it looked like nothing had happened on it or changed since July, so I didn't think it was like... actually a thing anymore.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

So has this pretty much been dropped? I just found it and I was really enjoying it. Dang. Anyone have any further information maybe?

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh I loved Yuyushiki! (only ever watched it though) Always big poly vibes, doujin for that is an excellent idea, thank you.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

igenetycs, I've been continuing to read Aerial Magic (a bit into season 2 now) and oh my gosh thank you so much this is absolutely delightful. Jo especially is just god damn amazing, but I love them all. Would recommend it without question to anyone reading this.