Forum › Posts by BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

If I squint hard enough I can pretend this is the Nettaigyo anime we're not getting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKphvRlWXGM

BeanBeanKingdom
VAMPEERZ discussion 12 Jan 13:24
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I didn't expect there to be a whole chapter about this, it was nice. I wonder if Ichika will eventually be able to tell Maho the truth as well, maybe leaving out the whole vampire part.

BeanBeanKingdom
Image Comments 04 Jan 20:25
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
72575548_p0

Unrealistic. Grea isn't tied up and fearing for her life while also looking forward to it.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Gotta feel bad for Chito's planet tho.

She'll find herself a Yuuri and they'll go on their last tour.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I get that they must think the main audience for the Blu Ray release of the anime will be established fans who already read the novels, but I find it a weird move to put a story set in the future as an extra, imagine someone who only watched the anime suddenly skipping that far ahead.

But as someone who has read the novels, it's just delightful, I was hoping we'd get more chapters set in the future and this was a very nice one. It does feel like it should just have been a regular chapter like that other future one from volume 8 since it covers an important part of Adachi and Shimamura's relationship, in fact you could pretty much add it to volume 9 and it wouldn't feel out of place.

The one thing that somewhat bothers me is that it feels like the author is holding back from showing them being more intimate, though I understand he probably doesn't want to "spoil" things like their first kiss or more by just having them be a regular occurrence in the future chapters and thus make them feel less special when they will eventually happen in the present timeline.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Oh thx for the heads up Bean hadn't noticed, I'm not usually one for promotional mini stories since they're removed from the main story and you know most of the time just pointless but I'll take any AdaShima material lol.

In this case I feel like it could've just been slotted in one of the novels as another chapter set in the future since there already was one.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

why is everyone talking about other series in "adachi to shimamura"?lol

Not much to talk about in regards to Adachi and Shimamura right now. Oh, unless you go check sneikkimies' github, you might find a little treat that hasn't yet been uploaded here.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

@Kahirama: Yeah, don't worry, that is pretty much how everyone feels about Hibike.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I would really appreciate any kind of recommendation of novel/manga/yuri/VN (really whatever) which is similar to AdaShima

There's a VN called SeaBed which is also all about the introspective exploration of the relationship between two girls and their psyche, complete with the POV switching between chapters. Though while you could describe Adashima as fluffy and lighthearted, this one is way heavier and sad. I still really recommend it as its own thing as long as you can deal with lots of reading and slow build-ups, which I guess are also much like Adashima.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Don't worry, I wasn't going to ask anything more, I already know the gist of it nor does it matter to me if it's actually yuri or not as long as it's a good story. You know, like Nettaigyo which I've been hooked to from the start.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^Anime in just over a week so a lot more people will get to know of it, myself included. On that note, are the novels translated?

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^^ Not just for the anime, she generally meant that rather than writing something with the aim of making it popular, she wrote exactly what she wanted regardless of some people's expectations. I guess this might include explicit romance.

last edited at Dec 27, 2020 5:18AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Even though nothing unusual is happening and they're simply preparing for another culture festival, it really feels like everyone has grown and it's happened very organically throughout the series, how bittersweet but nice. Konatsu's dissatisfaction over how she wishes she'd spent more time and talked more with Koyuki and the final volume preview make me think that her "one more step" will be becoming her frog and going to Tokyo with her (whether immediately or, more likely, a year later after graduating herself) so that their lost time can be made up by always being together from then on.

"What should I call that person?"
Your girlshipfriend, duh.

last edited at Dec 27, 2020 4:56AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

and that this apparently didnt come out the way she intended it to..

Didn't she state the opposite on twitter?

last edited at Dec 27, 2020 4:36AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Hachimitsu Scans are real darlings, not only do they translate really fast, they went out of their way to do the volume extras due to the extra pages.

BeanBeanKingdom
Image Comments 25 Dec 19:33
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
Eqfxgj1uwae27br-orig

Nice one, merry Christmas!

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I was hoping it would get to 10, but if the author sees no reason to drag it out, then I'll trust her on it. Let's see how it ends.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Aki = N0tail
Shiho = Fly

Looking forward to the handshake.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I feel like there's an extremely simple solution to this which is to employ the artist for the current manga adaptation, but maybe there were some complications for this volume.

BeanBeanKingdom
Image Comments 15 Dec 18:17
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
En1zyxwuuaav8e0-orig

@Serenata: they may have saved on it entirely and just had Sobble fill the tub.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I'll take them over him worrying about dying prematurely like in the previous volume.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I figure this volume was a little rushed to coincide with the release of the anime, it's also the shortest in general. Though nothing much could've happened between Adachi and her mom anyway since we already knew from the flashforward chapter that they still aren't on good terms.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Time to wait a year for more I guess. Thanks sneikkimies, you're the real MVP.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

That makes sense, I just wanted to see that kiss after all the teasing. Oh well, I guess I can just look up any other shinoasa art, lol.

And hey, you said you wanted to do some DMF doujin in the comments of the RL one last month and you already did, thanks a lot!

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The rest of Prizmmy and Puretty couldn't wait a couple more minutes after five hours had already passed, could they?

last edited at Dec 6, 2020 8:03AM