Forum › Posts by cecile

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I just reread the whole thing and I nearly freaked out at their kiss scene. This is way too cute to be legal.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Okay, I occasionally drink alone in broad daylight during weekdays I FEEL SO FUCKING CALLED OUT I'M CRYING I hate being an adult

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

It's that time of the month again, eh? When darkness swallows the comments and impatience rules.

Fear not my child. I already found a translation: https://m.imgur.com/a/Hep40qS

I'm gonna try my hardest to resist clicking that link (even though I think I will buckle before 4s' translation is released and uploaded here).

This translation isn't bad, but it lacks the nuances that 4s can translate. I enjoyed reading it because I couldn't wait, but it's not as good as 4s' work, of course.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

It's that time of the month again, eh? When darkness swallows the comments and impatience rules.

Fear not my child. I already found a translation: https://m.imgur.com/a/Hep40qS

You, ma'am, has done us a great service.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Amén

cecile
Still Sick discussion 18 Jul 08:28
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Sweet, sweet jelly.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"Oh, my nails... good thing we didn't have sex"
This is the most relatable thing I've ever seen on a yuri manga.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Yuu the hard bottom

Yuu's fantasy was to touch Touko and Touko's was to get ravaged by Yuu. I think they're both agreeing on who's topping at least for their first time.

Gudetamago got this right.

Yuu's surprisingly assertive throughout the story, and even though Touko used to be the one pushing herself onto Yuu, we all know she's a big softy, and that she'd do anything Yuu asked of her. Also, do you remember that scene where Yuu "tortured" Touko when they each tried saying each other's given name? Or how she tempted Touko when she first visited Yuu's room? Honestly, there's all sorts of clues in the previous chapters.

If anyone is a hard bottom here, that has to be Touko.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Where's the gayness?????? It's just plot twist, one after the other. Give me the yuri already! Goddammit. I want yuri. Give me yuri. I want yuri. Give me yuri.

108 chapters, next to no development.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I really like how this moved from Hino bullying Koguma to Koguma's actions making Hino blush and freak out. It's a lot sweeter like this.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

How much is out right now, incidentally?

Volume 8 just released, apparently.

Secretly written by George R. R. Martin, I see... Must be why he hasn't published a lot lately.

Is the rest of this also Girl's-Love-focused, or does it divert into some weird story about aliens?

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Does anyone else feel slightly triggered with the abusive situations in this? I mean, it's ok if MC-chan is a masochist (and it does look that way after this chapter), but otherwise tall-girl-chan's behavior is a huge red flag for abusive jerk. Run, little MC-chan!!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"I might get a myocardial rupture".

Maybe it's just me, but this translation sounds weird. People would normally say "heart attack", our even "myocardial infarction". "Myocardial rupture" sounds like someone is going to stab you in the heart, in the literal sense.

last edited at Apr 29, 2019 7:53AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

That would be concerning natural skin color though, wouldn’t it? If you look closely at some of the drawings, including the cover, you can see that she has tan lines under her swimsuit, so her skin tone is most likely similar to the other girls on the island and just tanned from constantly paying outside in the middle of summer on a southern Japanese island.

That's one way to read it. I perceived it otherwise. Particularly, lighter skinned people tend to get reddish sunburns, and don't tan as easily (you can see that on the cover). Also, even MC's tanlines don't seem that light.

Japanese media don't portay dark skinned people the same way that the West does. That's why Ursula LeGuin questioned Miyazaki's rendition of her Earthsea books. From her point of view, they had whitewashed her characters. Ghibli proceeded to explain that there is a cultural difference in skin representation, and that her characters would be perceived as black by a Japanese audience. Whether or not there was actual whitewashing is up to debate.

And one way or the other, in my country the characters from the cover would still be perceived as an interracial couple, much more often than not.

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 10:21AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This isn't "interracial" whoever is calling it that is simply wrong.

You're obviously not aware of this, but the meaning of "race" varies greatly between cultures. Where I'm from, race is strongly related to phenotype. So, my wife and I are from Rio de Janeiro, born and raised. The last three generations of both our families are Brazilian too. My skin is light, hers is dark. Around here we're considered an interracial couple.

Please consider cultural differences before calling people wrong.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Okay, we all know it's pointless to bring up the old yuri/subtext discussion all over again, so let's not go there.

But I was really wondering, does anyone know how many chapters are there left, and if it's finished or still running? I'd like to know if there are any significant romantic developments in the upcoming chapters, so I don't get my hopes up.

cecile
Yurigurashi discussion 03 Feb 01:26
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

That was hella weird.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'M SO GLAD SHE TOOK IT WELL SAYAKA YOU HAVE ALL MY LOVE AND APPRECIATION.

That said, I never once wanted her to win out over Yuu. Like... even given how much I like Yuu. It just wouldn't make sense for the story to go that way. I like Sayaka a lot, and I really want her to be happy. (And it looks like she'll be able to, even after being rejected, so that's awesome,) but at no point, not even during the heartfelt confession last chapter, have I wanted her to end up with Touko. Touko and Sayaka's relationship is really cute and wholesome. But I see their love being its best as a platonic sorta deal. Touko and Yuu have a much more intimate relationship, and while there are things Sayaka gets to know about Touko that Yuu doesn't, vise versa is also true, and Touko x Yuu has always felt more romantic to me. That and like... as a romance story that wouldn't make any sense either. Like to spend the entire manga building Touko and Yuu's relationship, only for Touko to choose the side girl last minute, and end the story there. That'd be kinda disappointing.

Touko/Yuu was always endgame, the story couldn't end any other way. Nakatani Nio could have gone Aoi Hana about this and chosen to drag it out by having Touko accept Sayaka's proposal and date for some more chapters (until she finally realizes her feelings for Yuu). It would have stretched the story by a couple more volumes. I'm glad she didn't, though, the story feels a lot more real this way.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

^It's less that it IS creepy, and more that it seems like it SHOULD be.

The art style reminds us of creepy stuff, but the story is completely sweet and not at all creepy.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

RuneHex posted:

Hold the phone...I feel like I read this already on this site?

Because you probably already did. First chapter was released before with different translation, probably by different group. Seems like it was abandoned so new one picked it up and decided to redone chapter 1.

Okay, that explains it. I was wondering why it felt like I had already read this. Then I went and saw I had already posted a comment in this very thread and was like "excuse me what the fuck".

I had the exact same feeling from the moment I read this story title (I was like "hmmmm Lilium Terrarium? I feel like I've read this story already... *Reads first page- this is too familiar for comfort. What's going on?")

Then I came into the forum to investigate and saw that the first comments were from 2017. Not the first time a chapter gets re-uploaded to dynasty, but I hadn't expected it to be this one.

last edited at Jan 18, 2019 9:40PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Oi, Ponytail-chan... don't get bribed into a romantic relationship with pancakes...

It's good that the other girl managed to marry her in the end; otherwise, Ponytail-chan would have ended up marrying some random guy just because he gave her yummy candy.

You'll have to agree with me that nobody would accept this kind of proposal without at least considering the other party as a romantic partner. If you're fine with dating your best friend for pancakes, then that just means you're fine with dating your best friend. No harm in that.

last edited at Jan 18, 2019 9:18PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Man, this sto

ry is so c

ute that I could jus

I actually waited to see if something was going to load :'D also, this comment is on point.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I don't usually read drag stuff but this was surprisingly nice.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This one gives me a really bad feeling. I'll still give it a try, but I want happy yuriiiiii

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Might I suggest you some fluffy yuri webtoons instead?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Don't worry guys, when you have been into yuri manga/anime as long as some of us have been you start getting used to it.

I'm hella bitter for it, though.

...Aoi Hana feelings...