Forum › Posts by Jeanne Mathison

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Pero a continuación dicen:

"Esto sí es realismo y no las mamadas a las que estamos acostumbrados. ¡Ahora sí se viene lo bueno!"
"Menuda relación más tóxica. Pero qué yuri más suculento. ¡Más!"
"Es muy inmoral, ¡kyyyaaa! <3 Me encanta."

O sea, los lectores adoraron la historia por la pasión yuri, los personajes realistas y las relaciones complejas. Y en el fondo a nadie le importa un pimiento la cuestión moral, pues es un cuento de ficción... y la ficción, cuanto más controversial y escandalosa, más picante.

Los amores prohibidos son los mejores, ¿no? :))
Siempre leo las series con tags Agegap, Incest y otros así.

Kurosaki-sensei y Aya se tienen tantas ganas que pueden prender fuego a una casa con sólo tocarse. Lástima que Aya todavía no ha asumido sus propios deseos. Pero poco a poco está empezando a aceptar la idea.

Pobre Aya, la ultima vez que Kuro quiso hacerle cositas ella le dijo "Me das asco!" Pero ahora está empezando a cambiar de opinion... y la verdad que no sé con qué cara va a ir a buscarla para decirle que "Pensándolo bien, quiero besos y tijeras!"

last edited at Aug 30, 2019 10:28AM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

¿Os ha ocurrido de leer un manga en inglés porque era el único idioma al que estaba traducido, y luego releerlo completamente en español luego de que lo traducen al español?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Claro que siendo Ringo como es, lo más probable es que no lea la mood, no perciba la indirecta, y salga con algo así como 'Oh, Takase-san, esta lingerie la va a usar con su novio, ¿eh? ¡Qué afortunado es él! De seguro le encanta.'

Estas chicas con personalidad de tomboy, es que siempre es lo mismo con ellas, si no les anuncias las cosas con un cartel con letras de neón no se enteran...

Lol Ringo no es exactamente una tomboy, tiene un poco de eso, como jugar beisbol con los chicos o conducir camiones (me dio mucha risa que le dijeras lesbian trucker, lmao, buen punto XD ), pero es muy femenina en otras cosas... como esos boletines personales tan lindos que escribe donde pone sentimientos, impresiones, recetas de cocina de su abuelita, etc...

Me di cuenta escribiendo esto que no hay ninguna palabra en español para expresar bien la idea de tomboy... curioso, no? Tomboy en inglés tiene un contenido lindo y positivo, una chica tomboy gusta por igual a hombres y mujeres, en cambio en español decimos: machona, hombruna, marimacho... todas palabras horribles

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Me pregunto cuantos hispanoparlantes hay en este foro?

Jeanne Mathison
Still Sick discussion 15 Aug 11:13
joined May 24, 2019

"We need to talk"???
But those are the words to start a breakup conversation!
Maekawa is getting it backwards, a mangaka really should know better

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

The series's finale? What the hell?
There's unresolved romantic and sexual tension everywhere!
You can't wrap so many plotlines in one chapter :((

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Waiwai, so many new chapters! Thx to the translators!

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Oh, could it be that some of you don't remember Aikawa?

It's easy! She's the one who, on her second date with Kase, brought a U-Haul and then proceeded to have this exchange with the other girl:

https://i.ibb.co/3SX6QyK/Clipboard.jpg

Tee hee.

I remember that scene... but that gotta be a joke translation of the dialogue, totally tongue-in-cheek humor, bcs I'm well sure that the real dialogue was about sports or school or track&field, real innocent shit....
Certainly not about Aikawa moving with Kase after 2 lesbian dates, lmao

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

"The ex returns" eg is so effing common, the Spanish-speaking community of yuri fans has coined a name for the ex-love of one of the girls in the main couple who comes back to town and sparks (willingly or not) a conflict in their relationship: they call her "Zorra-chan." You know how the speeding truck that bumps characters and sends them to an isekai is universally known as "Truck-kun," right? Well, this woman is Zorra-chan, just as simple. Like this one, or this one, or even this one, lol. It doesn't matter if she really is a slut (that's the meaning of zorra) or not, when she appears everyone goes: "Oh look, it's Zorra-chan, she's here to raise shit again."

Lmao don't forget this one:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lonesome_echo_part_b#9
She gotta be like the grandmom of all Zorra-chans, from 2010, and prolly the most hateful of 'em all as she was bad thru and thru and didn't have even one redeeming good point... except maybe her looks?

Oh, Lord—that one. Talk about angst and drama—makes Kodama look like Itou Hachi. (Fun ending, though.)

Yeah you don't see that sort of thing often in yuri, lol
Like: Oh so you have been coercing my snugglemuffin into having sex with you, hm?
And even doing some bdsm shit where you hurt her real bad and leave her bruised all over, huh?
In that case, TRY MY KILLER JUDO MOVES, YOU SADISTIC BITCH!!!

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

"The ex returns" eg is so effing common, the Spanish-speaking community of yuri fans has coined a name for the ex-love of one of the girls in the main couple who comes back to town and sparks (willingly or not) a conflict in their relationship: they call her "Zorra-chan." You know how the speeding truck that bumps characters and sends them to an isekai is universally known as "Truck-kun," right? Well, this woman is Zorra-chan, just as simple. Like this one, or this one, or even this one, lol. It doesn't matter if she really is a slut (that's the meaning of zorra) or not, when she appears everyone goes: "Oh look, it's Zorra-chan, she's here to raise shit again."

Lmao don't forget this one:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lonesome_echo_part_b#9
She gotta be like the grandmom of all Zorra-chans, from 2010, and prolly the most hateful of 'em all as she was bad thru and thru and didn't have even one redeeming good point... except maybe her looks?

I noticed that's a common point they share (most of them at least) that they are beautiful in an adult femme way with a great sexy body and good style in expensive-looking clothes and accesories.... they often seem well off too, prolly to reinforce the adult side of their image (successful grownup women with good jobs = must have money, in manga logic)

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Wow judging by the recommendations Aqua Blue Cinema must be good stuff! Thx for the replies, I'll make a note to remember it
(jots down Aqua Blue Cinema in 'To Read' manga list)

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Are you fucking me?!?
The beginning is exactly fucking the same as this story
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/aqua_blue_cinema
And I refuse to believe that she just had the same idea

It's super common you know
I've seen it many times, some chara standing on a cliff overlooking the sea, another chara comes, there's an accident or misunderstanding or whatevs and both fall into the sea... it's a common trope that you see a lot, not just in ABC (which btw I never read, is it good?)

Off the top of my bonnet, one recent example: Kaijuu Iro no Shima
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/kaijuu_iro_no_shima
Goes one step further as, after they return to the shore, one girl gives mouth to mouth to t he other girl: first kiss achievement unlocked! :)))

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Whoa! We have achieved escape velocity and are now fully cruising in the yurisphere.

Just a kiss so far, let's not get carried away, there's still long to go before they do the deed

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 2:46AM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Yo this manga is destroying relationship clichés left and right.

You're so right, last chapters have been totes amazing

What other tropes do we want to see this series face-smash into oblivion?

Write your answers in the comment down below, and thanks for subscribing to "Totally Chad Manga about Two Adorable Lesbians". See you next chapter

Their usual dynamics are knight/damsel with roles set in stone, so I say it would be trope-smashing if Tadokoro turns out to be the top in sex, lol

Jeanne Mathison
1 x ½ discussion 04 Aug 02:28
joined May 24, 2019

I swear, this manga is like a Rorschach test.

Ikr
Some comments say more about the commenters than they say about the manga

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Ominous final panel introducing suspicious new character

It's this fucking guy.

Huh, so that's it... I had totally forgotten that scene
Saeko calls him "bro" so I guess that clinches it, he's a dude alright

It doesn't really seem like it'd be a big deal if he figured out they're dating. They're not exactly keeping it a secret, even if they aren't advertising it.

Yeaaah well I dunno about a big deal, but he's a really androgynous guy (I even mistook him for a woman, see my post above) so there IS a tiny itsy-bitsy chance that he'll try to seduce Miwa.... y'know, like "Miwa, maybe you don't like girls, maybe what you like is people who are pretty & feminine, so a pretty boy like me is just your type, c'mon, give hetero a try!"

And Miwa is a pushover so maybe she will cave in under pressure & say yes

And if THAT happens.... then aaall the people who hated the original oneshot will cry "We're sorry, plot of the oneshot, come back!!!" lol

(Edit: don't murder me, I'm just joking, mkay?)

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 1:51PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Darn, that guy gonna fuck everything up, aren't he? Just let the yuri be!!!

Um, what guy?
That person named "End" who's at the table sleeping?
I thought that was a woman, but perhaps I'm wrong... I don't remember the character at all, and I don't remember the other two at that table either
Had they appeared before?

What kind of name is "End" anyway? Short for Endo? lol

joined May 24, 2019

Can someone explain to me the "84 years" joke?

I've heard it a lot, even in other forums and blogs, people saying "wow, after 84 years another chapter was released" and the like... and now even translators put the joke in their credits page?

I guess it's a reference, but I've not clue about what to

I think it's a meme based of the titanic movie? the lead female as an old lady remembers the events the movie then tells you about.

Aah 'kay
Shocking as it may seem I've never watched Titanic, lol

joined May 24, 2019

That was cute. Is she drinking out of LAB EQUIPMENT....?

Mad scientist. Gotta problem with that?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

This gotta been suggested before, but hey I'll go ahead and say it:

How about a "cascade" mode in the reader, where you can see all the pages of an entry (chapter, oneshot) in the same screen & just have to scroll down to read?

joined May 24, 2019

Can someone explain to me the "84 years" joke?

I've heard it a lot, even in other forums and blogs, people saying "wow, after 84 years another chapter was released" and the like... and now even translators put the joke in their credits page?

I guess it's a reference, but I've not clue about what to

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

╔══════════════════╗
║.(¯♥´¯)´´¯•°*”˜˜”*°•. ƸӜƷ
║.`*.¸.*.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ
║.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ ✶* ¸ .✫ ♥
║✿ Thanks for the chapter ✿
╚══════════════════╝

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

This is the last of it? Aw.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

We do have a Mahou Shoujo tag, but it sometimes isn't applied. Many Nanoha official series don't even have it, but here is the tag.

https://dynasty-scans.com/tags/mahou_shoujo

Hey you're right, I assumed the tag didn't exist cause so many magical girls series don't include it..... even many Nanoha... odd that it isn't used more?

https://dynasty-scans.com/tags/mahou_shounen

Magical boys? Lol, thx for that info, I looked & found some series under that tag that I remember were good and want to read again (not even sure I ever finished some of them, so dis is a good time to do it)

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I believe i need more mahou shoujo manga in my life...

We have so many tags, curious that we don't have a Magical girl one

It sure would have been useful to you

Anyway when I think of Mahou Shoujo the first thing comes to my mind is Sailor Moon by Naoko Takeuchi, which isn't in the Reader for obvious reasons, but anyway if you never read the manga (perhaps you've watched the anime but don't know the manga? many are like that) it's worth looking for it