Forum › Posts by KawaiiSuika

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I swear, this manga does't have a single likable character. I really don't get what ppl see is so great about this shallow manga. I've tried to give it a chance, but every chapter irritates me more than the one before it.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm not surprised. This was an Amano Shuninta manga after all.

I always see a comment similar to this, but the fact is their works are full of fluffy happy endings with couple of downers in the mix if you go through them, at least as far as the selection here on Dynasty is concerned. Did everyone just read 'The Feelings We All Must Endure' and decide every Amano Shuninta story is like that or what?

I will admit that I am still pissed about that manga.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

They need to bring back her glasses!!!

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Well if this author draws hentai then why not go full hentai? This story is without rhyme or reason anyway

This story wouldn't be improved by having a sex scene every chapter, nor would it be improved if the sexual elements were completely removed. It's fine the way it is.

I disagree, there are a few random sexual panels of the girls that are clearly just for the reader and not the girls themselves. The sexual stuff is much better when the girls are directly engaging with it, checking eachother out, or having fantasies. Rather than randomly fanservicy panels that add nothing to the story. It takes away from the pubescent kids dealing with their sexuality part of the story.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga is SOOOO boring.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Coming back to this cause Im still mad and some people are saying the MC might be trans, but no trans person trying to tell an honest story about their experiences would write a scene like that, only someone trying to fetishize the idea of a "femboi" would. But I guess it gives TERFs more fuel to call us perverts with so win/win. Also the the character map at the end of chapters thats like "what mystery queer are they?" Should be enough to show thet whoever wrote this views us all as circus attractions.

Yeah, its pretty bad. Im probably gonna keep reading it though, simply because of how few manga about queer characters there is. I just have to remember to set my expectations REALLY REALLY low.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm not surprised. This was an Amano Shuninta manga after all.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Lmao the erection scene is so bad, why is manga like this

Yeah, there's a part of me that wants to like this manga. But it ain't making it easy.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

And, going off a bit on my opinion, whether Gin identifies as male or female, the girl (I can't be bothered to look up her name real quick) thinks that Gin is biologically female. Gin hiding the fact that there's a little Gin hiding in their shorts, making is deceptive if the other party is assuming she's hitting on a female partner. Also, imagine the backlash from that. It could be possible that Gin is seen as an even bigger pervert if its found out before Gin has a chance to say it themselves.

If you're seeking a same sex partner and you're cool if said partner is trans, that's all fine and dandy. All I'm saying is there's gotta be some open honesty so everybody is in the know and knows it's all good.

LilLegalLoli94
Nobody is obligated to reveal their genitals to random ppl they barely know. Gin merely agreed to dancing lessons with her, with no sexual intentions. If anything SHE harassed Gin. Gin never consented to her putting their hand on her breast like that.

Um, I never said random people, I said romantic partners. You know, the people you have to communicate with to make a relationship, any relationship, work? And that first quoted paragraph is talking about the yuri tag and the debate that it's yuri because the girl thinks Gin is a girl.

Is everything clear now or is there still some confusion?

In that case i'm not sure why you bought it up, because Gin isn't dating anyone.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

And, going off a bit on my opinion, whether Gin identifies as male or female, the girl (I can't be bothered to look up her name real quick) thinks that Gin is biologically female. Gin hiding the fact that there's a little Gin hiding in their shorts, making is deceptive if the other party is assuming she's hitting on a female partner. Also, imagine the backlash from that. It could be possible that Gin is seen as an even bigger pervert if its found out before Gin has a chance to say it themselves.

If you're seeking a same sex partner and you're cool if said partner is trans, that's all fine and dandy. All I'm saying is there's gotta be some open honesty so everybody is in the know and knows it's all good.

LilLegalLoli94
Nobody is obligated to reveal their genitals to random ppl they barely know. Gin merely agreed to dancing lessons with her, with no sexual intentions. If anything SHE harassed Gin. Gin never consented to her putting their hand on her breast like that.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Also this chapter pretty much confirmed to everyone that the MC is not a transgender person, just a guy who loves to crossdress but as his sexual attraction goes he is straight and into girls.

No it doesn't, liking girls doesn't keep them from being trans obviously. Plus, at this point it's also been hinted that they like guys as well.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Somebody needs to teach Gin how to tuck.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I don't really trust this manga it gives me a weird and uncomfortable feeling especially with the amount of mistreatment it seems to expect trans people to placidly accept. Like no shit "not understanding isn't in and of itself wrong" but that was never the issue, the issue is people arrogantly assuming their incomplete understanding is the natural order of things and mistreating anyone who deviates.

Agreed

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Lol, is it just me or where half of those what if's just the start of sakurako's sex fantasies?

Just you. Well, other than maybe the queen.

What about the twins? And kasumi-senpai?

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Lol, is it just me or where half of those what if's just the start of sakurako's sex fantasies?

joined Oct 27, 2018

I kinda wonder. Is Hime really freaking out because she doesn't want to be gay? Or is she actually freaking out because she worries that she's straight? In other words, does she fear that having feelings for Akira means that she subconsciously sees her as a guy, and that's just about the worst betrayal she can imagine? That seems more in line with the kind of insecurities Hime has, imo.

I thought it was obvious that it was as you said, it definitely fits the narrative, unlike Hime being "homophobic".

I'm not disputing you're hypothesis, I do think it is the more likely scenario, but the claim isn't that Hime is homophobic, but that she is suffering from internalized homophobia, which is something that most queer ppl have to deal with.

last edited at Feb 27, 2019 7:37PM

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I really don't understand this kind of writing, chapter after chapter where basically nothing happens. How do they even do it, I'd be going insane after writing just a couple chapters where nothing substantial happens.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Pervy lesbian protagonist who is totally comfortable in her sexuality? Yes please. Skeeter Rabbit is technically doing that as well, but that manga makes me kind of uncomfortable.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I highly doubt Kase-sans behavior is supposed to be "possessive".

Death of the author, and all that. What it's supposed to be and how it comes across are two different things.

It comes across as a cute, fluffy yuri story with mild drama.

Well sure, not to speak for anyone else, but i don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. Y'all seem to think we are making a stronger condemnation of this story than we actually are, or at least me anyway i dont speak for anyone else. I don't think Kase is this horrible controlling monster or anything like that. I don't think she INTENDS to act controlling towards Yamada, but she comes across that way, even to Yamada. Kase just has some jealousy problems,and has difficulty expressing this in a healthy way, to be fair so does Yamada but she expresses it differently. While at this point I think it is mostly a minor problem, I do think it is a barrier to a truly healthy and productive relationship.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I uphold the notion that Kase-san has been analyzed more than the Zapruder film.

There is definitely a bit too much reading into things going on here. I highly doubt Kase-sans behavior is supposed to be "possessive".

death of the author

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

^
Like I said, moral judgments are a dime a dozen--you see mistreatment, I see a rescue. Kase knew Yamada probably didn't know what she was getting into, and she was right.

Kase was pretty transparent about her motivation being jealousy rather than fear for Yamada's safety. Like her actions, demeanor, and words all make it clear that she was there to jealously guard her girlfriend from rival suitors not to protect her from predators.

As if those things are mutually exclusive rather than two sides of the same coin.

It is in fact possible to accompany your girlfriend to a social gathering as support without being a big sulky, jealous baby who pitches a fit the moment a guy talks to her. Like, there's a version of this scenario where Kase isn't being super uncool and disrespectful of Yamada's autonomy but this is not it.

Agreed, and what really gets me, is that this isnt new behavior on the part of Kase-san, she has acted this way since they got together, and its often brushed off as her just being protective. Unfortunately there is a pretty thin line between protective and controlling, and after this chapter it seems clear to me which side she falls on.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Male and Female are gender (sex) oriented where as Masculine and Feminine are not but more character based traits i.e. a woman can be masculine and a man can be feminine without either going through a process of gender (sex) transitioning of male to female or female to male. Akira identifies with feminine traits yet has not gone through or may never go through the process of gender (sex) alteration whereas Hime is still very much feminine yet has, seemingly, masculine traits (boisterous, loud and somewhat violent behaviour (not necessarily masculine only traits)) but is still a female as Akira is still a male. Homo sapiens come in Two Sex based Genders - Male and Female, these genders can also be medically altered whereas Masculine and Feminine are character based traits and apply to the individual person whether male or female. Sorry, people keep ranting on in defensiveness rather than looking at it through the species point of view in which character traits, personal view, belief or religion need no place in the discussion. It is neither right nor wrong to be feminine or masculine based on your, current, gender (sex). Again, sorry about the rant just hadn't had the opportunity to let it out.

Wrong on so many levels

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Sakurako is in a pretty precarious situation, she is incredibly desperately horny, yet the only person she wants to do it with is uninterested in sex. Maybe she should invest in a "personal messager".
Edit: Also, wtf does "not lizard" mean?

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 9:47PM

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga actually puts a decent spin on the, toboyish girl hates being a tomboy but for some reason is any way, thing you see from time to time, usually as a flimsy excuse for a femme makeover. In this case Sui actually has a good reason for continuing to look tomboyish, even though she doesn't seem to like it all that much, she's gay and it attracts girls.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I think Moke got the characters really close, it almost seems like it could be a bonus chapter.