Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

To take care of her so she can keep being shut-in and nobody learns about her to disgrace family.

My guess is the mother-in-law thinks having Ayano around will act as an example that motivates the youngest daughter to get out of the house/pursue a career/live up to expectations.

I like how we had two completely opposite explanations just immediately brought up for the same thing.

Gee, and I was thinking that the point was less about the sister and more about the mother's attitude toward appearances, and what that would imply for her future treatment of Ayano.

Isn't it refreshing to have a series that's not so predictable?

last edited at Nov 7, 2019 9:47AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

MZH posted:

It's very common in English--biblical, even.

It's not terribly common at all. It's valid, yes. But it's quite uncommon.

Well, but this is Dynasty, so figure a fair number of people will have come across this phrase before.

Yuki Kitsune
Collectors discussion 29 Oct 09:33
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

NISHI UKO'S COLLECTORS IS BACK?! I've missed it immensely oh my gosh. I need to know if there is a continuation or if the series has already ended.

Patience shall be rewarded. Based on the table of contents, there's at least 10 chapters still in the pipeline.

Happy one-year anniversary for the last chapter uploaded. T_T
My patience needs some comforting.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

EDIT: This was meant as a reply to a now-deleted post asking to try and explain why the characters feel so distant now.

I tried to in my posts over the last few pages. From how I see it, Konatsu is frustrated with herself for wanting to act against Koyuki's best interest and to keep the exclusive connection (initially based on their shared loneliness) she used to have with her and her only, despite the fact that it was Konatsu herself who pushed her towards opening up to other people. And she's also frustrated with Koyuki for not understanding where she's coming from since Koyuki thinks that other people will fill the void that her going away will leave inside Konatsu; it won't, and Konatsu's current feelings are telling her that only Koyuki's presence and attention can ease her loneliness.

As for Koyuki, she just seems to genuinely be incapable of analyzing the situation deeply enough due to her lack of social awareness and experience. She outright can't understand that Konatsu considers their connection special and that she'd think of her differently from how she'd think of any other friend she might make. This was evident from very early on, for instance when she told Konatsu there was no particular reason why she called out to her on the day she first came to school despite Konatsu wanting to hear her say she also considered their first meeting special.

If I had to fault one of the two over the other, it would have to be Konatsu. She's the one with the ability to start to try and sort things out by being straightforward, although she won't because she knows she's in the wrong.

The thing about Koyuki and Konatsu is that they are basically both introverts. I think we need to keep the role of Kaede, the extrovert, in mind in all of this, too. (Why are they all "K" names?) While it's true that Konatsu pushed Koyuki to open up, she sees Kaede as the one who actually got Koyuki to open up. She knows this is a good thing, but she also feels guilty or inadequate that she wasn't able to give Koyuki the kind of support she needed to open up. Konatsu has a bit of a sense of inferiority toward Kaede or unworthiness toward Koyuki at this point. She wanted to see herself as the frog, but now sees herself more as the salamander. And, since she never knew the "old" Koyuki, she can't appreciate her own role as the bridge that got others to first see Koyuki as someone who could be approached. Without Konatsu, it is doubtful that Kaede (or others) would ever have spoken to Koyuki.

Couldn't agree more with your point on lack of social awareness/experience. Not something that's going to get cured overnight, though. And a lot of these observations are things that are easier to see from the outside.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Can't even claim I have a problem with the pacing, but the entire concept feels like it's built around, "I can only speak my mind around this person." Beyond that, I totally agree with others who've said the characters are unlikable. Aoi reminds me of a door mat. I'm glad she didn't get married because her husband, even without trying to, would probably have ended up walking all over her. While Chiho comes across as just plain selfish, to the point that she takes advantage of Aoi's pliability while simultaneously complaining about it. Cute for a one-shot, but I don't care enough to come back for a second helping.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm starting to realize how appropriate the title is. Even though they're adults, it feels like they have all the awkwardness of kids trying to navigate a situation they don't understand. I have a feeling the ending will leave me bitter, but ... damn if I'm not really enjoying the story.

For people looking for more of an escape from reality: probably won't find that here.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Can't put my finger on it, but, for me, this version just doesn't have the "heart" of the previous version. People are commenting on the faster pacing; maybe that's making the characters come across as flat? IDK, not doing it for me.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Just tying the knot doesn't guarantee a happy ending..."

This! It's exactly what I hate about 90% of romance stories! There are so many things where I feel like I'm on the same wavelength with this mangaka ... except for the whole Ghibli thing -- I'd have to force Kine to sit through a few of those. Mononoke has enough blood and death that she might even enjoy parts of it.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Twice I started reading ch.9 and couldn't get even halfway through it. Came to comments to see if others were having similar problems only to find out that the story ended. Art-wise, it does not appear rushed, so I don't think it got axed. I really liked the characters in the beginning, and they're certainly cute enough, but I lost all of my empathy for them somewhere along the way. I just wish I still cared how it finished; that's really the part that makes me sad.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 9:54AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"How wholesome," indeed!

Edit: LOL -- And another one appears ^ while I'm fetching the URL.

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 10:30AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Hey, they actually mentioned that bed before.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch00#6

That's not the only connection between these chapters.

last edited at Sep 8, 2019 12:24PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I didn’t go forward much into this manga because I couldn’t take all the straight-ness either, teeen girls are annoying when all they care about is fashion and makeup lol But looks like it gets very gay later on. Maybe I should pick it up again.

The first few (I want to say 5) chapters were written before it got serialized, so development is almost nonexistent, and it still takes another couple chapters before the momentum builds. I totally agree with you that the early girlishness can be a bit off-putting, but it's well worth continuing. This is one of my favorite romance stories precisely because of how the characters develop over time--not just coming to grips with their fears and feelings but then growing and maturing together. So many stories seem to end after a grand confession; whereas, this one continues through some of their "couple issues" until they actually learn to see and work through their differences. I have more faith in their relationship lasting than in most stories I read, and there is something immensely satisfying in that.

last edited at Sep 4, 2019 1:06PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I guess Koguma was em-bear-assed. (C'mon, you know you all were thinking it.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I really, really hate questioning translations, but I gotta know.... So, Japanese isn't always as clear on gender as English is. Does she actually reveal the gender of the person she's thinking about here, or is it ambiguous in the original?

Yuki Kitsune
Their Story discussion 02 Jul 00:44
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Is anyone else seeing each chapter as a bunch of images put together in a long thin column on a single page, with each individual page too small to read?

"Resize" button, top-right corner.

Yuki Kitsune
Their Story discussion 01 Jul 12:42
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Okay, I have no idea what prompted ch 189, or how it fits the rest of the story, but I have tears streaming down my face right now. My heart has just been torn into confetti.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Heart, meet Wrecking Ball.

I've never been murdered, but I have been cheated on.

(This was not how I wanted to start my day.)

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 9:46AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

where is the yuri?

dead

Depressingly accurate.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Haven't decided if I like where this has gone. The power dynamic has changed so much that it just doesn't feel like the same story. Not necessarily bad, but this wasn't the story I signed up for. Hrm.

Hot damn these girls are dense as fuck

But if we created a Dense as Fuck tag, it would be on, like, 80% of the manga.

last edited at Apr 27, 2019 10:59PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm enjoying the plot and characters so far, but...the pacing... I don't expect it'll change, so I hope I can get used to it.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Seeing it from Adachi's POV (ch5) was so different from what I expected, I didn't even recognize the story at first.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Touko gave Yuu the shit end of the stick and then dumped her with it the moment it became inconvenient...

Dumped her? That wasn't how I read her apology--
"I took advantage of her."
"How many times have I forced her to silence herself? How many lies have I forced her to tell?"

True, her fear kept her from clearing up the misunderstanding, but I did not read this as a rejection at all; rather, this felt to me like the first time Touko truly acknowledged Yuu.

When I was saying that I was mostly illustrating it from Yuu's perspective. As the audience we get to see Touko's thoughts on the matter which Yuu doesn't.

Ah. True. I got kicked in the kidneys by a horse once; about as much fun as what Yuu's going through. Thanks to the author for giving the readers a "behind the scenes" in the same chapter rather than dragging out the torture.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Touko gave Yuu the shit end of the stick and then dumped her with it the moment it became inconvenient...

Dumped her? That wasn't how I read her apology--
"I took advantage of her."
"How many times have I forced her to silence herself? How many lies have I forced her to tell?"

True, her fear kept her from clearing up the misunderstanding, but I did not read this as a rejection at all; rather, this felt to me like the first time Touko truly acknowledged Yuu.

Yuki Kitsune
Lady x Lady discussion 24 Feb 21:06
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This collection has everything you'd want out of Yuri!
idols
big boobs
age gap
Mira
exhibitionism
lots of sex
orgy

Missing from the list: Romance (Probably the only thing I actually do look for in Yuri.)

Yuki Kitsune
Oddman 11 discussion 13 Jan 14:58
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Was the Public Indecency tag always there? I noticed that just now.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.