Forum › Posts by Blastaar

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 02 Aug 15:48
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just imagine what the response would be if it ever does anything more than depict a few kisses.

last edited at Aug 2, 2019 3:49PM

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

THAT BITCH!

...wait who is she again?

She’s the one who dumped Chidori, then tried to rekindle something via Valentine’s chocolates, which Chidori refused to accept.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Snake-eyed senpai.

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 02 Aug 12:54
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This chapter is a flashback ^^;

g) Miyuki herself decides otherwise after she notices Asuka is into someone else (fat chance ^^)

Could be, Miyuki in the present time (no flashback) seems to know Asuka likes her mom, she probably started saying "Mom" when they were making out and suddenly Miyuki stopped.

I thought I remembered that Miyuki in this flashbacks shows some awareness that Asuka is into someone not her, and so far she doesn't seem to care. But it might very well be that I misremember and that was shown in a different time-line; who knows with this incestception story here... ^^;

That’s one possible nuance of her first, “philosophical” rap to Asuka about being alone vs. communicating with others, although, typically, it’s a little hard to say which one of them actually realizes what about the other.

And Miyuki makes some cryptic remarks in the narrative present (they’re still sitting on the bench outside the wedding as far as we know) that suggest some knowledge of Asuka’s desires.

One thing to remember is that Miyuki has known Asuka since she was a little child, so she must be aware of her clinginess toward her mother, although it seems unlikely that Miyuki has an inkling of the incest part—not even Asuka has that at this (flashback) point.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really don’t understand why people think human physical development and age-specific morals apply one-to-one when discussing imaginary beings that resemble human beings in some respects and completely differ from humans in a variety of other respects.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wait
Milk tooth?
How old is Leo?
Teeth fells off until 11~13 years
What the fuq, Itou Hachi, WHAT THE FUCK?

Good lord, do we have to go through this every time?

How old are humanized wolves when they lose their milk teeth?
How old are humanized wolves at sexual maturity?
What’s the age of consent for humanized wolves?

We don’t fucking know because there’s no such thing as humanized wolves in real life.

True fact.

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 01 Aug 21:34
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oi! Ok, I'll admit that I'm a fucking idiot and extremely obtuse. Maybe it's the time flashbacks or heavy subtex, but I totally missed that part where the senpai allegedly rapes her. It appears to me to be innocent frolicking (granted we are talking about an age difference of what, five years?? With senpai being around 17-18 and Asuka being 12-13) which by itself is a little disturbing but her being a "predator" would reeeally take things to a whole new level, hence, my confusion. Someone please explain it to me like a two year old, because I clearly have the perceptiveness of one...

“Predator” is a judgment assigned by readers on the basis of suppositions; “player” is more fully supported by actual evidence from the the text. Those include:

• Asuka in the narrative present is clearly unhappy with whatever happened (that is, whatever is about to happen in the flashback) with Miyuki; she thinks of her as a “liar,” specifically in relation to the hickey mentioned in the latest chapter.

• Prior to Asuka meeting up with Miyuki at the cram school, Jun has seen Miyuki in a classroom apparently making out with an unknown girl.

• The hickey is physical evidence that Miyuki has been with someone else (a girl, one assumes) between her kissing sessions with Asuka.

In general, some Dynasty readers are quick to label behaviors “abuse” and to question the validity of consent and agency for characters.

My own reading of the text suggests that something unpleasant but not highly traumatic happened between Asuka and Miyuki, although it’s certainly possible that something worse than “unpleasant” will be depicted.

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 01 Aug 20:14
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't even know what's happening.

We're in the middle of a chapters-long flashback to the time in middle school where Asuka has discovered the conflicted joy of bean flicking to the thought/scent of her mother, her mother has realized for the first time she was looking at her daughter like a snacc, and Asuka was subsequently discovered and is in the process of being preyed upon by a somewhat sinister player of a senpai--a situation that presumably ends poorly and perhaps causes some mental scarring. All of this to get us caught up to the present again, where Asuka has crossed paths with that same senpai, keeps pushing the envelope with mom, and has left all of us with Train Wreck Syndrome as we watch it progress to the inevitable incestuous carnal relations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Excellent summary, but let’s not forget the potential three-way with the aunt.

After all, it’s a whole world of possibilities out there.

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 01 Aug 19:22
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, she specifically does make a connection between Miyuki and her mother—right before Miyuki asks, “Do you have any interest in me?,” Asuka literally flashes on an image of her mother.

She doesn't. The image of Ayako flashed in her mind precisely in response of Miyki's "is there anyone you're interested in at the moment?" Frankly, I have no idea how anyone could misinterpret it.

That’s exactly what I tried to say, evidently poorly—when the subject of romantic interest comes up, she (inexplicably to her) thinks of her mother. Then Miyuki asks her question.

Previous to that scene, Asuka is in the middle of an identity crisis concerning what she’s not even clearly sure is her sexuality—“My own body has stopped being mine”—when she goes to the cram school. She is almost overwhelmed by the new experience, when she is rescued by her old “reliable” friend, who quickly identifies Asuka’s loneliness, at which point Asuka flashes on her mother, then Miyuki swoops in and puts her arm around her.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch13_2#17

Asuka has not yet consciously identified as a mothercon (in a sexual sense) at this point—so (at this point in the flashback) her awakening sexuality, her feelings for her mother, and Miyuki are all tangled up together.

last edited at Aug 1, 2019 7:49PM

Blastaar
1 x ½ discussion 01 Aug 17:50
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, why she isn't putting any resistance? Is it because her profile reminds her of her mom?

Idk, that smell bullshit to me. Why did a momcon become suddendly attract to someone else for no apparent reason and she need some glasses if Senpai remind her of her mom because they don't look a like both physically and mentally.

Well, she specifically does make a connection between Miyuki and her mother—right before Miyuki asks, “Do you have any interest in me?,” Asuka literally flashes on an image of her mother.

It’s true, the two are not similar in affect or physical appearance, but evidently they share some quality that Asuka responds to—let us call it lesbian sex appeal.

So it’s not that she’s OK with Miyuki because the senpai reminds her of her mother, but that the whole matter of being sexually interested in someone suddenly is brought forward mixed up with her (hitherto buried) feelings toward her mother,

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I've always though this was an important scene in terms of the Touko-Yuu power dynamic:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch09#11

Well it's important to address the fact that Yuu didn't give a fuck back then so that was a big reason for her alpha status. Same with the first name calling. Now she's as blushy and shy as Touko was.
IMO Touko will top for the first time then Yuu will become more top as she gets into it

My point is that there was always a balance there: Touko the publicly powerful one (could she possibly look more like a schoolgirl goddess in her scene in the recent play?) with Yuu playing a quietly powerful role in private--it was her play-rewriting power play that checkmated Sayaka before her senior rival could even make her move.

(I'm kidding a bit with the over-the-top phrasing there. But I'm serious about the point.)

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I've always though this was an important scene in terms of the Touko-Yuu power dynamic:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch09#11

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It seems to me that there’s a lot of overthinking going on both among readers and on behalf of the characters.

We have two incontrovertible facts which set up a classic yuri situation, one that we’ve seen play out in myriad ways in this genre: there’s going to be a sleepover, and Touko’s parents aren’t going to be home.

So both of them know that they will have the opportunity to be more physically intimate than they ever have been before.

Whether that means, say, bathing together or spooning to sleep in their PJs after a good-night kiss or some degree of genital contact remains to be seen, but the overwhelming likelihood is that whatever happens they will explore with some care the boundaries of their respective comfort zones.

So I’m not expecting Yuu to come out of the bath dressed in her flapjack octopus kigurumi to find Touko decked out in leather and fishnet dominatrix gear.

But only time will tell.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, I think we're done here.

So, bottom line, they’re going to have a sleepover and get cuddly, and they might have sex and they might not.

Stunning critical insight, I must say.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ I’d add the dream trope of inside/outside ambiguity is very common (certainly in my own dreams).

Jung (rather out of fashion these days, but an important thinker on dreams) always said that elements of dreams might have common suggestions, but their actual meanings were specific to the individual dreamer’s situation, so a trope that might have one significance at one point might have the exact opposite meaning at another time of life, or have a positive charge for one person and a negative one for someone else.

(All that said, I don’t think you can ever completely separate “eggs” from “fertility” at a symbolic level, for whatever that’s worth.)

The surface level of this dream is of course quite interesting—an imagined domestic future with Touko.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Discussion of 1 x 1/2 should take place in that thread, not this one.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If I understand correctly, Nene expressly decided to go to the same high school as Amane, even after she had decided to break up with her.

If she really believed that cutting ties was necessary (either for her own psychological well-being or to protect Amane from the consequences of the toxic way their relationship was making Nene feel), she could have gone elsewhere.

So going to the same school and then torturing Amane emotionally negates any positive spin you could put on her decision to break up.

I’m saying that I do dislike the writing choice here, because to make it work (i.e., to make Nene seem more like a conflicted adolescent and less like a sadistic narcissist) we would have needed more and earlier insight into Nene’s decision and more nuance in how she treated Amane (and Kou, for that matter—that business of “flaunt the new relationship in the place that used to be the Special Place with the old girlfriend and where the OG now works” is almost as shitty a thing to do to the new girlfriend as to the old).

In my opinion, there doesn't need to be a "positive spin" on her break up. The most sensible spin would be if she actually stopped being in love with. All I'm saying is that it's a "solid" explanation. Getting a backstory onto why she did what she did doesn't mean the writer is trying to redeem her. Obviously backstories like these carry those connotations but I really don't see it that way. I believe it's too early to say "this doesn't work" and it's generally why I refrain from getting into following up on these kinds of conversations without the talked about drama being resolved. All I'm saying is that the point felt solid and multi-layered enough to carry the drama on in a fresh way, hopefully leading to a good resolution of not only their relationship but also Nene's complex. Obviously I can't guarantee whether the mangaka's writing ability can achieve that, but I also believe calling this badly written just because we don't sympathise with Nene's actions after her sad backstory is tad pessimistic.

I’m not saying I hate it—I just think the writing and characterization isn’t as tight and nuanced as it could be. Maybe it’s the author’s intention to have readers’ attitudes about the central characters ping-pong back and forth as information gets revealed (we all but had a lynch mob in here about Amane’s character at one point; now that weathervane has shifted around completely). Or maybe not.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yamada and Kase-san has set the bar pretty high for cute, wholesome, lovey-dovey sexy sex, so I’ll be interested to see how Nakatani handles the intimacy issue.

And I agree, physical desire has been a significant aspect of Touko’s character from the start, and Yuu has been fairly on-board with it herself, within the quirky parameters of their (previous) relationship.

I must admit I wouldn’t mind seeing one of those by-now conventional Internet-search “How do two girls have se—OMFG!!!!” scenes, with Rei as backup.

OMG, I totally want a scene where Yuu asks Rei about sex, but tries to play it off as casual conversation like she did with the confession.

Yeah, asking about sex without revealing the gender issue—what could possibly go wrong?

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm not guilty if people did not like what I said about 1 x ½, but it was based on facts

Brush up on your vocabulary: “inferences” are not “facts.”

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yamada and Kase-san has set the bar pretty high for cute, wholesome, lovey-dovey sexy sex, so I’ll be interested to see how Nakatani handles the intimacy issue.

And I agree, physical desire has been a significant aspect of Touko’s character from the start, and Yuu has been fairly on-board with it herself, within the quirky parameters of their (previous) relationship.

I must admit I wouldn’t mind seeing one of those by-now conventional Internet-search “How do two girls have se—OMFG!!!!” scenes, with Rei as backup.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We can always hit up old man Stalin's house on the way back if you wanna bump him off too

Just make sure to only do that after Trotsky's out of the picture, as he was the one actually raring to go and export Communism at bayonet point. Uncle Joe's succession of hatchetmen don't particularly matter in that regard as eg. every foreign-policy proposal from Beria I've seen mentioned was of the moderate and pragmatic kind (or even ridiculously conciliatory, such as his postwar idea of essentially selling East Germany off to the West and using the funds to rebuild the war-ravaged USSR).

Look, I’m not out to right the wrongs of world history—I just have it in for Yuki’s old man.

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If she really believed that cutting ties was necessary (either for her own psychological well-being or to protect Amane from the consequences of the toxic way their relationship was making Nene feel), she could have gone elsewhere.

But we couldn't had the story then.

That’s not the point. By setting the breakup between middle-school and high school, the author specifically put that “Nene could have gone elsewhere” option on the table. Hypothetically, the story could take place between first and second year when Kou transferred in, or there could be an explanation that family issues required that Nene attend that particular school. That doesn’t mean the author intends for us to think that Nene intentionally came to that school in order to torture Amane; it could just be slightly sloppy writing. (I.e., the start of high school seemed like a natural break point in the characters’ lives, but the author didn’t think through what that timing might suggest about Nene.)

Just because we generate interpretations by hypothesizing alternative courses of action for a story doesn’t mean “but then we wouldn’t have the story.”

Blastaar
Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If I understand correctly, Nene expressly decided to go to the same high school as Amane, even after she had decided to break up with her.

So going to the same school and then torturing Amane emotionally negates any positive spin you could put on her decision to break up.

I’m saying that I do dislike the writing choice here, because to make it work (i.e., to make Nene seem more like a conflicted adolescent and less like a sadistic narcissist) we would have needed more and earlier insight into Nene’s decision and more nuance in how she treated Amane (and Kou, for that matter—that business of “flaunt the new relationship in the place that used to be the Special Place with the old girlfriend and where the OG now works” is almost as shitty a thing to do to the new girlfriend as to the old).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The gay level rise up with the last chapter Minato have heavily implie she is gay for Shino by rejecting every love confession she had and don't want a BF until Shino get one. Also Koizumi seem to have the gay for Minato possibly

Yeah, Minato’s like, “I’ll just wait here until you realize you’re gay as fuck.” And Koizumi’s, “I hate you, oblivious clam-jamming senpai!”

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m working on a time machine to go back and kill Yuki’s father for abusing our adorable little literature lover.

I could use someone who can at least read Japanese, and . . . some maps, maybe? Can anybody give me a hand?

(No real rush, I guess . . .)