Forum › Posts by KawaiiSuika

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I love that this manga mixes in some serious chapters, rather than it just being all gags.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

A yuri from an outside perspective? Unique! I kind of hope it stays this way. It would be cool if MC didn't get with anybody, especially the teacher.

KawaiiSuika
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 02:21
joined Oct 27, 2018

I guess Show got tired of drawing loli hentai manga again. Hopefully he doesn't fuck this one up somehow like he did to Prism.

Also, why do people who don't like something feel they have to go into the forums and comment on the fact that they don't like it. Seriously, if you read something and don't like it, Just close the tab and go on to something else,. Literally nobody else besides you cares that you don't like the manga. It contributes absolutely NOTHING productive to the discussion. This is a forum and not your personal blog.

Because they can, if you don't like ppl starting their opinions in the comments then it's best you steer clear.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

While i do appreciate the trolling. This chapter annoys me because the entire gag was spoiled the moment she whispered something to Koguma and we didn't get to see what she wanted to be shown. Not to mention that the way it was framed doesn't really make sense for a photo album unless they had it sitting on her crotch.Plus, a photo album is just so inconsistent with Hino's other requests that it becomes clear that it was only for the gag.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I can't stand the comments on this website, just enjoy the cute girls who enjoy cute girls

I started using this website in 2010 and back then every work had maybe 20 comments tops. Most of them had comments in the single digits or none. They were really simple comments too.

I think hosting Citrus was what caused the whole website to blow up. Citrus got a lot of people interested in yuri, and now I feel like there is more yuri in the mainstream than ever. Lesbian couples aren't just running jokes anymore.

I feel like Dynasty has a really special place in the yuri community, so this site was destined to become larger with the growth of yuri. I don't think you should see that as a bad thing. Sure, more people here means more chances to disagree. But at the end we're all here for one thing right? Which is that we all like yuri. As a fan, I really enjoy that there are a lot of people who like the same thing I do.

Yes, great comment. I may post negative comments sometimes, but that's coz I love yuri, and i love having these kinds of discussions about it.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I very much understand the internal "ugh" some may have for stories like this, but I liked this one.

Don't listen to the people who complain. This story is cute. Really cute. And, as Sakaki told to Chiyo, it's a fact: "Kakkoii vs. kawaii... kawaii is stronger!"

Sakaki is dead wrong

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I can't stand the comments on this website, just enjoy the cute girls who enjoy cute girls

Sometimes you will encounter ppl who engage with media differently from you, and that's okay. If you prefer to just take the surface level story and enjoy it for what it is cool, others like to maybe over think things a little, also cool. Both approaches are valid, neither is inherently better or worse.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

It's pretty easy to be empathetic to this character, and you'd have to try pretty hard to find her depiction intolerant or whatever.

This is a common misconception when it comes to criticism. Criticizing your own reading of a work isn't necessarily condemning the work as a whole, or making any sort of statement about the authors intent. I'm sure that if I bought this criticism to the mangaka, they would say that wasn't their intention at all and that they think tomboys are perfectly valid.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Ugh, another manga about how tomboys secretly long to be girly and are being forced into it by peer pressure or some nonsense.

I generally make an exception for this trope in the very specific context of masculine girls in all-girls schools being pigeonholed into the role of surrogate boy because I can empathize with it as a trans woman. I think "tomgirls secretly all want to be feminine" and "girls with naturally masculine features can be self-conscious about expressing their femininity because beauty standards and gender roles are vicious" are two superficially similar concepts but ultimately very different ones.

Funnily enough, my distaste for it also comes from empathizing as a trans woman. After being told my whole life that my femininity wasn't real or valid, I tend to get annoyed when the same is implied about others, although it's vice versa in this case.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm shocked here people, it looks like this manga is marked as "Sexual violence" in mangadex, in other words, Hino san teasing was put in the same level of rape... And here we were discussing if calling it bullying was too much!

What, nothing overly sexual has even happened in this manga, and everything that does happen Koguma gives consent for. Heck, the primary gag is that Koguma expects, and secretly kind of hopes for, something more sexual, but then Hino does something relatively innocent. I guess, if you aren't paying attention it might seem like Hino is blackmailing her, except she doesn't hold anything over Koguma, she shows up entirely on her own, knowing full well that Hino might tease her again, because she likes Hino.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Ugh, another manga about how tomboys secretly long to be girly and are being forced into it by peer pressure or some nonsense.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Hello people.

Sorry for interrupting your agenda pushing against this Erica girl, but you only need too look the very first 8 pages of this very forum thread to learn that the tag was changed as a result of Dynasty forumer's internal bitching.

To quote Shimapanda in this regard

Also, in the interests of stopping the constant complaining about the yuri tag I've changed it to 'subtext'. I hope you enjoy reading the manga whether or not it goes romantic enough for your tastes!

there you have it. End of the conspiracy.

Um, that was dropped several posts ago, only the one person seemed to even believe that. We are just kind of discussing her now, also she ain't a girl, she's been around quite a while.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

"This is a generic 4-koma school life comedy that is considered Yuri only by the kinds of people who cannot imagine two women sharing a room who are not in love."

"Overall Ratings:
Yuri – Not there
Interest – Not really worth reading"

So the admins tagged it as subtext only, not yuri, and loads of readers believed it. That's why there used to be so many posts debating the 'hints of dating' between them, and whether we as could assume them to be a couple. In time the admins realized their mistake and corrected the tagging, and that was how the silly debate came to an end. And the admins learned a lesson: never trust Erica Friedman, never.

Oh God, Erica Friedman, she tried claiming that YagaKimi was about a coercive non consensual relationship, which Is weird because YagaKimi emphasizes consent more than any yuri manga I've ever read. She also tried claiming that Yuu wasn't in love with Touko all the way upto volume 5. She makes me wonder if she even reads the manga she reviews.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Yeah, the so called "aphrodisiac" is probably just sunscreen. That girl is already horny for Hino, no aphrodisiac needed.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Most people tend to assume conflict is the one major literary element without which a narrative structure cannot move forward, and expect to see a whole lot of it in any good story. Writers are often judged by how many points of conflict they include in a tale, how these conflicts are resolved, and how neatly and satisfyingly the closure is tied up. The ancient Greeks already held "agon" (the act of conflict) as the central unit of any plot; and, even today, many contemporary critics believe that conflict is the crucial feature of any literary creation -- or, in other words, that a story simply must have conflict as an indispensable source of tension and drama to hold the interest of the audience.

This manga isn't without conflict though. Most chapters have little conflicts in them. They tend to be very small, but they are enough to satisfy the literary use of conflict.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Ignoring everything else, I agree with Looking East, that people's perception of mental illness is what should change first. Too many people still think of it as simply being "sick in the head" and refuse to go to psychologist, psychiatrist or attend any therapy in general to avoid being branded as crazy, even when they clearly need it. It's time people understand that there are all kind of disorders and plenty of people live just fine with them. For example, actual depression (not the, "I feel sad" kind) is considered mental illness, yet nobody is afraid of calling themselves depressed.

True, but saying being trans isn't a mental illness isn't a slight against mentally ill ppl. In fact I'd argue the opposite, that erroneously labeling certain groups mentally ill, actually harms ppl with legitimate illnesses.

joined Oct 27, 2018

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of those attitudes of what a "real" trans person should be still prevail in various places, including Japan.

Oh, they most certainly do. I've seen it in manga before. I just personally see no reason to be mad at this manga in particular. At least regarding this topic anyway. The way it keeps implying trans ppl should just turn the other cheek is way more annoying to me than Akira being feminine.

last edited at Apr 2, 2019 1:25PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

I've seen no evidence that the author is saying anything specific about what a trans girl should be like. Even in this chapter, the ppl who are saying a woman has to have long hair are being transphobic, not ppl we are necessarily supposed to agree with. Yeah, it's true that Akira wants long hair, but that's OK, trans women are allowed to have long hair, besides it makes certain amount sense for her to want it. It is clear from this chapter, that her parents are strict about making her cut her hair, so she almost certainly has never had it long in her life, wanting to try long hair after being told your whole life you can't because you are a boy is perfectly reasonable.

last edited at Apr 2, 2019 1:09PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

If you have a male character going trans,

The term "trans girl" should suffice.

last edited at Apr 2, 2019 6:13AM

joined Oct 27, 2018

The love from Akira's perspective would be based off of nothing though wouldn't it? Just pure kindness and love at first meeting, infatuation you might call it.

Sounds like a typical high school romance to me.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

That's actually a pretty good Rumiko Takahashi style drawing on the cover. Why does the rest of the manga look so bad?

joined Oct 27, 2018

It's because there is a male involved who is interested in the main protagonist and the issue was actually addressed, AND he continues to insert himself into her life regardless.

Also, I'm kinda tired of the "I'm breaking both our hearts to save her" crap that is all too common in yuri. Just grow up and be together, you walnuts.

IDK, the "het" tag to me implies an actual relationship. Maybe this site needs a "het crush" tag? Yeah, i agree that trope gets really old. Fortunately, im not too invested in this manga anymore, with the huge wait between updates and all.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm still confused why this is tagged het? One sided crush is not het. Does this have some kind of horrible twist at the end?

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

this manga keeps getting worse, and yet, i cant look away

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Koguma is totally thirsty for Hino