Forum › Posts by herenowforever

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. Also for those who were wanting to see a transitioning character in the manga, you realize these are still kids, so the most they'd be doing in transitioning is taking medication The appropriate age in US is 12-14, but idk about Japan. But uh seeing as Akira has only just started sharing about identifying as a girl, and that her father does not approve (Parents concent for meds), that is not likely.

I've been kind of waiting for someone who is actually trans to talk about this, but since there are a lot of people who don't know how it actually is back there right now:

First of all, in order to legally transition and change your gender in your identification like driver's lisense, you have to:

1) Get a psychiatric diagnosis on having a mental illness regarding your gender.
2) Get castrated by having your testicles or ovaries removed with surgery.
3) You have to be adult, which means 20 years old there.
4) You can't have children at the time. It's only allowed before you have children, or after your children have become adults themselves.

Also, since age to enter work life is around 22-24, and companies don't generally hire people who are in midst of all of this, you are very much going to have to complete the transition after you hit 20, but before you start looking for work.

last edited at Jan 9, 2020 7:45PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I don't remember this chapter from the bible.

Madam and Eve.

herenowforever
Roomshare discussion 03 Jan 07:36
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I honestly think Kodama writes more in terms of netori and not netorare. Netorare involves main character becoming a victim of cheating, possibly in a horribly brutal way. Netsuzou Trap has some netorare elements, because it has that fairly innocent boy who gets dragged around by Yuma, even though she already knows she's not into him. Reader can definitely feel bit sorry for him, but he also isn't a real option for Yuma, so it stays kind of ambiguous.

Netori is the thing where the main character seduces someone's spouse and bangs them. Focus is less in the cheating part, and more on feeling powerful for being able to snatch someone's lover, maybe even so that it stays secret. Kodama is very fond of this, with many variations of this theme happening in her one-shots and serializations.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 7:46AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

They just posted first four chapters, so not much comments yet.

This is a somewhat of a dark story, where every main character seems to have mental health issues / past trauma.

Not sure if it becomes fluffier later, but right now it's more like drinking black coffee rather than sweet tea.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Bad Touch Mama.

herenowforever
Double Bed discussion 11 Dec 02:29
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Typical double bed is one of those romantic ideas that is not always so fun in practice. I kind of wanted to see them throwing theirs out couple years later out of sheer frustration.. :p

I've never really had a good night's sleep in a bed with someone else if that bed had a shared structure. Not only do you get woken up in middle of the night when the other person shifts their weight, but also have to always stress about waking them yourself.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

This manga definitely could have kept going, and without drama too. It's hilarious and somewhat wholesome seeing these teenage girls get the comfort and security they lack through such a pure and fluffy adult like Akemi.

I just wanted to see Akemi sweating in her marriage interview with parents after the cheeky brat made her victory lap in social media about their surprise engagement.

herenowforever
Love Aroma discussion 15 Nov 21:43
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I'm sure this story has some deeper meaning and valuable message hidden somewhere. :)

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Normally people don't talk about their problems in romance series like this and just stew in their own frustrations, but Arisa just screams them out in public instead. Well, that's one way to get things moving.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Well since it apparently seems like the intention of the author with this is to keep it a platonic girlship, is there a possibility that either of the girls is gonna get a boyfriend at some point? I'm just saying it because it this clearly ain't gonna be yuri, then that's not out of the range of possibilities.

Unless that boyfriend is just suddenly thrown in, probably not. Koyuki is out of this town soon anyway.

Author could try "replacement goldfish/frog boyfriend" angle for Konatsu, but it's kind of meh, especially since I don't think Konatsu wants to stay in that little seaside town either after HS is over. Same for a girlfriend. In fact, girlfriend would be worse because it would signal that either Konatsu is just settling or too scared to tell Koyuki what she really thinks about her.

It might just something along the lines Koyuki moving to Tokyo and in last epilogue chapter Konatsu returning to big city as well with her father and going to meet Koyuki at her apartment. They have a bit awkward meeting at the door and Koyuki invites her in and says "I have something to tell you...". The End. You can "interpret it as you like". I'm already cringing at the mere thought of seeing something like that, but who really knows. All one can do is wait anyway.

last edited at Nov 2, 2019 4:25PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I can't decide if it's creepy or cute.

Why not both? Concept of "creepy cute" does exist. Because this thing is pretty much an epitome of that.

last edited at Nov 2, 2019 7:24AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I am still impressed by the title and opening art for every chapter. The titles are oddly poetic. I wonder what it means to be a "formless tattoo."

Bit like being a Rorschach pattern, perhaps.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

At least right now this series is going full steam ahead.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Pretty dumb this is in a omake doujin, considering how erotically charged the whole manga is and how long the in-story time it covers without any particularly major dramatic events or harsh obstacles.

Doesn't Kirara publish sex scenes or what was the deal with this? Actually, that really even wasn't a sex scene, just implied one. I think there were more lewd things in the main volumes.

last edited at Oct 30, 2019 7:55AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Some adult yuri (that's not a one shot)? Now this is a rare treat.

It's not that rare. Some stories are just not hosted here right now. Couple recent ongoing examples that are being translated and are nice and fluffy:

Hayama Sensei To Terano Sensei Ha Tsukiatteiru
Teiji ni Agaretara

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's probably best read this just as an observer. Don't get caught into looking for guilty parties. Just enjoy the mess and be thankful it's not your own. :)

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Sorry but... the girl wasn't an alchoholic or anything... it was just a glass of a drink... maybe that was WAY TOO OVERDRAMATIC?

Drinking age in Japan is still 20, and Koyuki is the class rep, so she'd also bear some responsibility for it, if it became a mess after the establishment called the group on that. Of course, she was also socially anxious and bothered by all the fuss around her.

What's even more funny is that while age of legal adulthood is going to be lowered to 18 in 2022, tobacco and alcohol are still legal only once you are 20 after that. :)

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 9:46AM

herenowforever
Image Comments 28 Sep 00:37
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
64371994_p4

This one reminds me of "Flowers" visual novel series.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Literal "AND THEN THEY ALL FUCKED!" ending.

Ok...

Well, I certainly don't hate this series. Simply because the art is so bloody good, if nothing else.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 7:11AM

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

This looks like it will be a good ride.

looks more like it will become more stupid over time if you ask me. While I know it´s possible to confuse the gender of the person in front of you they are literally in the same class. did they never have PE together and wondered why the "boy" is in their changing room.
As a Yuri fanboy I will of course read it. the artstyle is more than nice enough and I want to see how unrealistic stupid they will get over time.
But looking at it objectively this is incredibly weak.

They are in college, so no shared PE anymore... IIRC.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Real life yuri confession turned out to be too distracting for the booth girls. :)

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

So just how gay is this game and should I play it?

Main character is a bisexual bartender, so it's plenty queer. Mind you, it's one of the better portrayals of a genuine bi who has already been around the block few times, but hasn't lost all her hope quite yet despite some failed relationships.

Tons of other weird and amusing characters to interact with and a superb soundtrack.

There is also a romance option if you play your drinks right, but it's not the main focus. Rather, it's something that happens on the side along with rest of the events quite naturally.

last edited at Sep 8, 2019 1:48AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Jill is my spirit animal.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Just tell her, dummy.

herenowforever
Image Comments 07 Sep 02:18
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018
Cute

It sort of feels like there is a small age gap here, like pinky being uni student / worker in her early 20's and having just started dating someone in a high school. The little doubts she has in her thoughts would fit that kind of scenario as well.