Forum › Posts by blargh201

blargh201
Image Comments 08 Nov 21:51
joined Sep 9, 2016
Tumblr_nejdozlpnn1tfu6rlo2_1280

@Homura E.N.D What do you mean? If you mean Bumblebee isn't possible, I disagree. Neither are dead, unlike a certain other character.

blargh201
Image Comments 08 Nov 19:17
joined Sep 9, 2016
Cwq0dbxvyaa7tnf

I see your Insane amounts of hand-holding and raise you Insane amounts of fingering Maybe it's too much of a stretch, but it's a righteous(ly bad) pun.

blargh201
Image Comments 08 Nov 02:42
joined Sep 9, 2016
55103615_p0

She has her smartphone plugged into an amp? That's metal. She seems to want that Pocky, too.

Sidenote: I am probably not the first to wonder this, but would Pocky be a useful tag for images or even general use on the site?

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 2:44AM

blargh201
Image Comments 08 Nov 02:39
joined Sep 9, 2016
56lvpj

For some reason, I really feel that the decision between Ecchi and NSFW was excruciatingly difficult for this one.

last edited at Nov 8, 2016 2:40AM

blargh201
Image Comments 08 Nov 02:33
joined Sep 9, 2016
Cwq0dbxvyaa7tnf

It's SO lewd! Why has no one suggested Insane amounts of sex yet? That's a no-brainer! [/sarcasm]

joined Sep 9, 2016

Not even Moderate amounts of sex ?

blargh201
Alien Girl discussion 03 Nov 04:18
joined Sep 9, 2016

^ Wait what is your question exactly?
What to call her possible accent?
Well, if she speaks French and it shows when she speaks English, then that's it? She has a French accent?
I'm sorry if I'm getting this wrong, I'm not entirely sure what you're wondering about
Je peux essayer de te donner un exemple tho. J'ai une amie chinoise avec un anglais déplorable. En particulier, j'entends parfois les traces de son français dans son anglais. But there's all sorts of things going wrong when she speaks English, so I'd really just say that "she has an accent", cus it wouldn't just be limited to her French.

My question was whether you could say a Belgian has a French accent, strictly speaking. Maybe I was thinking too much of the speaker's native language, not a second language. What you say makes sense, that their [language] would have a French accent if you didn't know any better, but I'd have a hard time calling their accent (in French) French unless they were from France, if that makes any sense. Maybe I'm being too literal... I hate feeling like I'm a moron.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 4:30AM

blargh201
Alien Girl discussion 03 Nov 02:56
joined Sep 9, 2016

So the black haired scientist is belgian. Now I can't decide in my headcanon whether she has a hot french accent or an adorable dutch accent.

As a French speaker myself, I prefer to think she speaks French, but I'm not sure that you could call her accent (whatever it may be) as strictly "French" or "Dutch" as those adjectives in solitude would refer to accents in the countries south and north of Belgium, in my mind.

Mais, qu'est-ce que j'en sais, moi? J'attends qu'un(e) Français(e) ou un(e) Belge intervienne pour dire s'il suffit de parler français pour avoir un accent français, quel que soit leur pays d'origine.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 3:01AM

blargh201
Alien Girl discussion 02 Nov 01:55
joined Sep 9, 2016

I am really looking forward to seeing the backstory (if any is to be forthcoming) about how these two got to the point of kissing.

Also, not often we see one of the main characters be Belgian.

last edited at Nov 2, 2016 1:55AM

blargh201
Image Comments 27 Oct 02:37
joined Sep 9, 2016
19684477_p0

Prompt: Caption this image.

Response: ペロ

joined Sep 9, 2016

Uhhh... 21th?

Hmmmm... Did I miss a major modification to the English ordinal number system?

That aside, I loved the hallucination Suzu had. Now if only it had really happened...

blargh201
Image Comments 14 Oct 23:19
joined Sep 9, 2016
50688289_p0

More bad-ass than Morpheus.

blargh201
Image Comments 13 Oct 00:16
joined Sep 9, 2016

I'm always in for more kabedon.

blargh201
Image Comments 13 Oct 00:15
joined Sep 9, 2016

Based Tamamusi.

We got spoiled today, ladies and gents.

joined Sep 9, 2016

Good thing they kept the Ichiro reference. I think he's more memorable than people think, but he never hit all that many homers... at least in Seattle.

blargh201
Image Comments 03 Oct 01:41
joined Sep 9, 2016
Tumblr_n4sikp28ge1ttublko1_1280

Oh, wow. Anna couldn't wait.

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 1:42AM

joined Sep 9, 2016

Dear god those details! Just the most exquisite fucking wrinkles in the sheets I have ever seen in a manga!

Seriously, that was the first thing I noticed during the run-up to the sex scene. Not the rapidly undressing girls, but the damn sheets!

Interesting story too, but I agree I don't like the potential for a het turn, even though I don't really care to complain about story details unless there's some giant plot hole.

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 11:29PM

blargh201
joined Sep 9, 2016

ARGH! This is almost becoming painful, watching Yuu just deny that she can or even does have romantic feelings for Touko.

Still loving the development, aside from that. On an unrelated note, Miyako is just the best.

joined Sep 9, 2016

That was funny, sweet, and as stated above, lewd. ^.^

Also, I'm sorry for being that person, but the title is missing a definite article: The Inside of the Person I Love.

last edited at Sep 30, 2016 4:44PM

joined Sep 9, 2016

That look on the bottom of page 11. I love it when artists can capture that sultry "I want you" feeling with a character's eyes.

blargh201
joined Sep 9, 2016

Kaede is one common reading of that kanji. Other possibilities include Fuu, Fuwa, and Momiji. Until the artist tells us the reading, we don't know for sure.

(And what am I doing reading a manga like this one!? Well I guess it must be because I also think it's a unique take on the subject.)

You are correct, we can't know for certain until the artist gives us more concrete evidence. And I'll admit I don't have a good feel for how common a certain reading is (as it pertains to names). However, I'd still be willing to bet a small sum that 'Kaede' is the most common (name) reading of that kanji.

Is that why it wasn't translated? Or it just wasn't planned on being translated idk, but it would have been nice
I kinda hope it's Kaede. Out of personal preference, I like it better than the other readings.

In all the manga I have read, I get the feeling that some scanlation groups (justifiably) don't bother translating background things like signs or book titles, etc. unless it serves a plot point or offers something humorous for a credit page. This probably falls into this category, as we clearly didn't need her last name to be translated since it serves as the title of the manga.

Also, I have seen translation notes which apologize for misinterpreting even a main character's name, so some might be more gun-shy when it comes to translating given names, especially where probabilities are roughly even for it being name X or name Y, unless absolutely necessary or being spelled out by furigana.

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 3:55PM

blargh201
joined Sep 9, 2016

Kaede is one common reading of that kanji. Other possibilities include Fuu, Fuwa, and Momiji. Until the artist tells us the reading, we don't know for sure.

(And what am I doing reading a manga like this one!? Well I guess it must be because I also think it's a unique take on the subject.)

You are correct, we can't know for certain until the artist gives us more concrete evidence. And I'll admit I don't have a good feel for how common a certain reading is (as it pertains to names). However, I'd still be willing to bet a small sum that 'Kaede' is the most common (name) reading of that kanji.

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 3:07PM

blargh201
joined Sep 9, 2016

Chipping away at the subtext, one panel at a time.

blargh201
joined Sep 9, 2016

The latest raw is indeed this one. Next raws will be published the 10/03

Funny enough, we just found out Yuzumori's first name: Kaede.

I'm wondering how you know that too. Is it written in japanese in her exam papers, on Mimika's phone ?

Here:

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 2:15AM

blargh201
joined Sep 9, 2016

Starting to get a little too repetitive, i was hoping the pattern would change after she figured out she wants the loli

Not really surprising. After all, like Shinozaki-san there's only one main joke, that gets played out over and over again. I suppose there could be some variation if the friend gets more involved, but with just the two of them we're going to see the same pattern,

I can't explain it, but I absolutely adore Shinozaki-san. I buy the tankobon as soon as they come out. I wish there was progress towards her and Kaede, and i don't get any, but I still love the series that much.

ON EDIT: Yuzumori-san is more mature than Kaede.

Funny enough, we just found out Yuzumori's first name: Kaede. (assuming I haven't just missed it in prior chapters)

Also, first post on Dynasty! Yay, me?

last edited at Sep 25, 2016 3:27PM