Forum › Posts by Wtv

Wtv
Anime season 19 Nov 11:35
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

For January release, also look out for School Girls Strikers as well, which potentially to be very gay (but depend heavily on which part of the game they animate and which characters is focused on-screen, as there are 35 girls in there now ).

There are a couple of OTP in there, but once again, it depends on how Square Enix is planning with it.

Usually mobile games have the player as self insert to date the girls. Isn't it the case here?
I don't mind much if the anime takes it out, but it would be better if that wasn't the case.

Wtv
Anime season 18 Nov 17:10
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/numagasa/status/799618623132213248
This tweet is the one above. It's just a fan talking about the screening.

You probably meant this one:
https://mobile.twitter.com/binobinobi/status/784795128900706304
This is the anime director, and writer of this last episode.

Also, Ayana Yunico: https://mobile.twitter.com/unicococ
She's credited as Story Concept and wrote five of the first episodes. She's also a openly yuri fan girl.

Wtv
Anime season 18 Nov 16:39
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I saw the edit after having posted already. I do get it, I'm afraid of that too, after all, but it's most paranoid of my part. I don't really see signs of that happening.
Also, translation of a tweet made by a guy who saw the screening for episodes 8 and 9 (not really spoiler, but...) :
"Flip Flappers screening just ended! ep 8 and 9's special preview is like "seriously man, cut it out (Guts Pose)"... it's getting crazy so look forward to it. also, according to the director and the voice actresses, this anime really established itself to be a sort of divine being like the incarnation of yuri."

Now, if they really used the word "yuri", we might never know.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

ROFL
Just to highlight how senseless this line is, the manga Terra E got a [good] anime adaptation in 2007, while the manga finished in .. 1977 ! Same goes for Kiseiju, Jojo, Ushio to Tora ... Guess I'll stop here.

There's a big difference between mangas that were hits of their time and a niche title that even the author said she never saw it being sold on stores.
The only chance GF had was if the magazine was trying to promote the manga at their time. Now it's gone. Even the magazine it was published doesn't exist anymore. It's more realistic to hope that Morinaga make a new work and have that adapted.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Guys, let's ditch the whole idea of Netsuzou Trap and its translation. Instead let's focus on why there's NO GIRL FRIENDS ANIME!

There's no J-drama, no movie, no light novels, no audio dramas, not a god damn thing! That, my friends, is criminal and WAAAY more important than whatever any of you are talking about.

Because it's ten years old.
Unless someone loves it so much that funds it alone, it's not going to happen.

Wtv
Anime season 18 Nov 11:34
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

No I meant
That when Cocona asked if Papika meant platonic love, what if, the real answer of what kind of love Papika meant, is sisterly love? Like clearly we know what Cocona was really asking, but what if the REAL answer (considering that it's not really Papika speaking, but a manifestation from Pure Illusion) is siblings love? What if it's just really subtle foreshadowing from Pure Illusion?
Tho the way she voiced the "i love you" was "Cocona no koto suki dayo". I might be wrong, but I'm under the impression that it usually references to romantic love? I think I remember hearing a few confessions worded like that. Maybe that's why this time, unlike other times, (in ep 3, it was like "suki", and "daisuki", which from context/mood, sounds more casual?), Cocona actually asked to confirm if it was platonic love Papika meant. Because of the way it was worded, plus the mood, which wasn't as ambiguous as before?

I don't think this scene is that complex. To me it seemed obvious that it doesn't matter what Papika meant, but Cocona reaction. When Papika asked what Cocona meant, she didn't mean to say that Cocona didn't realized what kind of love she was using, but why Cocona was questioning her love at all. And that's a good hint that Cocona is really falling for Papika, but I don't see how this could be transformed into 'but Papika meant siblings love'. That wasn't Papika to begin with, but probably an image Cocona had of her. What would mean Cocona was questioning herself.

Pretty much all kinds of "I love you" in Japanese could mean either platonic or romantic love. That means "suki", "daisuki" and even "aishiteru". As far as I know, the only word that's exclusively romantic love is "koishiteru". And I don't remember it ever being used in animes. So no, the phrase she used could meant love as friends as much as every other time. The reason Cocona reacted different this time doesn't have anything to do with the way Papika said it. Actually, Papika always said that she loved Cocona, but never asked if Cocona loved her. Maybe that's why she never thought much about her feelings before.

Just realized I said the scene isn't that complex, but I'm making it complex with this analysis.
Oh well...

Wtv
Anime season 18 Nov 10:58
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yeah, I'll count on all the intentional subtext between them and believe that really isn't the case. I do believe Cocona was talking about romantic love in the bed. It's what makes more sense. People don't go out o their way like that to try to separate what is siblings love and friendship love.

I think I'm just a little paranoid because this is so far my favorite anime of the year and I wanted it to end perfectly, not screwing things up in the very end.

Ppl say theres yaoi anime that sells, but i hardly see any actual yaoi per season, is there something I'm missing? Is it subtext?

Pretty much the same we get with yuri. Yaoi doesn't sell much, subtext sell.

Even on this season Yaoi on Ice...
Not wanting to crush anyone's ship, but there's a reason why the "kiss" in wasn't explicit. He still had his arm in front of them, so it could be denied. I doubt they will be an explicit couple at the end.

But hey, we get a lot of that with yuri subtext and accept them too

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 11:18AM

Wtv
Anime season 18 Nov 07:01
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

My biggest fears with Flip Flappers actually is if they're actually related...like sisters or something. Being the same person is pretty unlikely.

Cocona questioning if Papika meant love as a friend and Papika asking the reason for the question is the kind of scene we usually don't see on yuri subtext animes, though.

Wtv
Anime season 18 Nov 05:59
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

If it ever happens, my prediction of the first Yuri anime that can actually go popular mainstream will have ro be
- romcom or shounenish~ish (two popular mainstream genre)
- no Yuri bait that does not go through
- the main character actively in an established relationship by the end (in oppose to Nanoha and Madoka which were all gay as heck, but was never acknowledged as yuri)
- little angst, as ordinary people are not trained to handle Yuri angst

Which spark the question, which Yuri manga/ novel/ game have these characteristics? I think Spirits on the roof is a decent choice if they focus on romcom part. But any other idea?

Anime success is a pretty unpredictable thing. There isn't really a formula for it and sometimes things no one expected to sell become hits. We can't know if angst don't sell, for example, because there isn't a good example. I think Citrus and Netsuzou has as much chance of being a success as any other romance yuri out there.

I don't know what manga or anime would have more chance of being a hit. There isn't that much, tbh. Maybe Murcielago and Happy Sugar Life, as Japan loves their psycho girls. I think a Flowers adaptation has way more chance of selling than a Kindred Spirits one. The novel is already more popular and it reminds Maritime, that was popular on its time.

Actually, a better chance of a hit yuri anime would be an anime original. An Idol anime with canon yuri end for example would be the safest bet.

on the bright side if these soap yuri anime does not sell simply meant no more soap yuri for a while!! just make gamma anime dammit!

Actually, that will mean no more yuri anime for a while. Japanese producers will take it as "yuri doesn't sell" instead of "drama doesn't sell".
But if it fails to sell but still make the mangas more successful, there's a chance of more yuri animes from other publishers. Yaoi anime rarely sells, but they still make them because of that.

Wtv
Anime season 17 Nov 18:59
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Interesting scene in FliFla 7: Cocona asking if she meant love as a friend and Papika asking why she would ask that. There's no way that dialogue was there for no reason.

There's way too much build for a yuri end that It'll be sad if it doesn't happens. (what is more likely)

Wtv
Anime season 17 Nov 18:20
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

What 3 yuri anime? You're not counting Scum's Wish as yuri, right?

yes

Kuzu no Honkai (next season) - it does have yuri.
Netsuzou Trap
Citrus

They are all equally fucking terrible.
And most ppl here will watch them anyways,

It does have yuri, but it's not yuri. It's a big difference.
I also disagree that Citrus and Netsuzou Trap are "fucking terrible", but I don't think we can actually discuss something so subjetive.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 6:21PM

Wtv
Anime season 17 Nov 08:12
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Next season, yeah. It has yuri, though?

Kinda. Someone who actually reads it might give a better response. As far as I know, there's a girl who loves the MC and the MC does date her... But doesn't love her. It's not a yuri manga, it's about fucked up people. And I heard the mangaka made lesbians characters end up with guys in her other works already...

Wtv
Anime season 17 Nov 07:46
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yes.. Next season, I think. It's old news already.

Wtv
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Hmm I was wondering if people in Japan started asking for more yuri. This season we had a lot of subtext yuri,so these shows might also be an experiment to see if the audiences are interested in this type of genre.

Yuri Hime is becoming monthly this month. The anime is probably being made to promote their new format. Although it's a surprise it's two and no just one. Everyone was expecting Citrus anime, but NTR was a surprise.

Wtv
Anime season 17 Nov 07:29
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

What 3 yuri anime? You're not counting Scum's Wish as yuri, right?

Wtv
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Also, it should be noted that the two series that are being animated both have to do with breaking taboos. I wonder why they chose to animate this theme in particular.

It has nothing to do with theme. They're just the best selling series in the magazine after YrYr. In fact, had it been done last year, maybe we would get a Yuri Danshi anime instead of NTR.
I don't think it would be better received.

Wtv
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

^ What you said gives solace and new worry, let us hope Kodama won't turn this story into a Tragedy.

But honestly speaking I believe that this will end happily for Hotaru and Yuma; probably naivete hope but I just don't see this ending negatively when they have such chemistry together.

I'm almost sure it will have a happy ending. Kodama likes drama a lot, but she seems to like happy endings too. Or at least endings where the girls end up together. Also, this has three volumes already. Making fans so invested in the story and not giving any pay off in the end is not a good idea. Most bad endings in romance stories happens when it has one or two volumes only.

Wtv
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

It's pretty obvious this won't have a het end. It's a manga on Yuri Hime, after all. It could be a bad end, but not het end.
Just look what happened to Yuri Danshi because there was too much het in the story. Mebae is pretty much dead because they made a het ending in one of their one shots too.

last edited at Nov 17, 2016 7:06AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I hope this do well and NoA 2 sells as much as NoA1. Gust needs new lucrative IPs, since they're rushing too much Atelier games to the point where they're releasing full of bugs.

Also, if the game is more yuri friendly, that also sends a good message of what their fans want if it sells well.

The game does look pretty, but it's kind of empty in the school scenes.

last edited at Nov 16, 2016 7:34AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I believe it's harder for a woman to imagine what Takeda is feeling but I believe Ulquiorra will agree with me. Takeda is the best character so far in the serie, and it's a pity to see him thrown away like a piece of crap just because of this manipulative character Hotaru is.

But because he's a male character in a yuri he obviously will get all the hatred of frustrated girls who ship for the yuri, even though he is the most likable character.

I'm sorry. I'm a guy, and I agree with everything Rina said. I love Hotaru and despise Takeda.
I saw girls being the opposite and cheering for Takeda.
So please, don't transform this into a "but you girls can't understand a man's pain".

Sorry, I kinda of came out of nowhere here...

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Haven't seen any around here in Brazil but i don't look for manga very often
A quick google search does say there's none here though, so yay

Newpop said they licensed 5 yuri titles. They didn't revealed which ones. And they said they won't announce new titles while the ones they already announced aren't done.

So yeah, maybe 2018....

Wtv
Anime season 02 Oct 20:07
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I first watched with the line "If I am promised to the princess, then I will fight for her sake." in mind, and that gave me different expectations as to how the characters were

That was badly translated though. I remember the right sentence being something like: "Because of the promise I made to the princess, I'll fight for her sake".
It was a good first episode, though. But the writer worries me. He usually mess up with his stories.

Wtv
Anime season 18 Sep 14:15
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Yuru Yuri Season 3 got a third season with a different studio 3 years after season 2, so something similar could (potentially maybe someday please?) happen, no?

Maybe. That's pretty rare, though. And it needs a good reason for that. YrYr case was the OVA's success probably. Strike Witches is also coming back on another studio, just like Saki did. But these are popular series and Gonzo is pretty much irrelevant today (actually, Strike Witches jump around between studios a lot).
Manga Time Kirara doesn't need more promotion either, like Yuri Hime did. On the other side, there's a lot of MTK anime getting OVAs, one of them being Yuyushiki, who sold less than New Game is doing. So you could expect that.

I never wait for second season announcements, though, so I'll always be surprised if the come and never disappointed. They're pretty random. They can happen for a lot of reasons. Prisma Illya never sells anything anymore, yet, they're on the fifth season for some reason.
What we do know is that Doga Kobo doesn't really do second season and sales are only decent. Yet, something could happen. Who knows.

On the other side, Love Live is pretty much the only thing selling really well this season.

Wtv
Anime season 17 Sep 22:28
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Studio does matter most of the time, its probably Kirara/houbansha(spelling?) who gets the call.

I can't say for sure, but I believe most second season are made because the show gave profit to the studio. The magazine wants the anime to promote the manga. There's no reason to promote a manga with a second season since only old fans will buy it. A second sell almost never outsell the first one, after all.

Wtv
Anime season 16 Sep 07:57
Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

still wating for 2 season of gekkan shoujo nozaki kun

Also made by Doga Kobo. Sorry...