Forum › Posts by Tiger

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

HypocriticalLiar

My current head!canon: Seol-a's already there when No-rae shows up.

dun dun dun :D

Seol-a looks so awkward hahaha! "Did I do the right thing? Is No-rae going to kill me for this?"

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 5:11PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Seol-a is going to devour her, at least in my fantasies that's how it pans out. As for kissing asleep, I have no idea. But since a person cannot consent while asleep it is sexual assault. So I'd be careful!

Dude, all these mangas have us deceived about kissing sleeping people...

I've got a bad feeling that someone in Seol-a's family is going to walk into her apartment during sexy-times. (They should all have the key code, yeah?)

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Had anyone thought about the epic scene every fan is waiting for? The first kiss...in what setting it will happen and who initiate it?
If our guess above is right and Soel-A stays at No-rae's house, I have a feeling it will happen while one of them is sleep.
While in the early chapters I always thought Soel-A will start the drama, but now it won't be surprise if No-Rae actually initiated it.
Have I gone too far?

Kissing people while they're asleep...does that actually happen in real life? Feels too cliche to happen here. What I'm wondering is after they get together who's going to be the first one to ask to have sex...

My current head!canon: Seol-a's already there when No-rae shows up.

Please yes and no flashbacks.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 1:00PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Moar like Ssamba Claus, amirite?!

Perfect.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Chapter release time is now 6:00 AM Monday in South Korea, correct?

I wish it'd go back. I'm going to go to sleep soon and I used to wake up and find that it was already released... Like Santa Claus had brought it or something. ;) Oh well, I'm grateful we're getting chapters every week as it is with translations as well (Thanks a bunch!). Seven extra hours of waiting won't hurt.

last edited at Apr 26, 2015 12:58AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

And I think she's very much aware that Yurine wants to eat her − she warns her not to do anything funny in the mini-chapter after all. If Yurine really goes too far for her tastes, she'll just have to say "stop". I guess. I mean, as hungry as Yurine is, I don't think she would go as far as… you know. She's not a freaking yandere.

Still, when you think about it, if Yurine was a guy some scenes would feel mu~ch more creepy.

Ahhh, I missed that. I only google translate some parts of the chapters (and even then those special characters get me), so there are things I don't always catch when trying to skim through areas and get to the juicy parts.

Oh for sure. Even now, if Yurine is better than Ayaka at everything then surely she must be stronger than her, so it's good she's not a yandere.

Do you know what chapter the story is up to now? Is 13 the latest in Japan?

last edited at Apr 25, 2015 1:37AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Not to mention chapter 2 or the end of chapter 12… physical intimacy is already part of their relationship. :þ

Oh man, Chapter 2.... Do you think it's just the storytelling style to never address the "Am I a lesbian?" aspect of the story? I mean, it seems like Yurine HAD BETTER know, and Ayaka really OUGHT to know, especially with all the biting, licking, and kissing going on. And what was with the sleepover? How does Ayaka not realize that Yurine is serious about wanting to make out with her? It's not a game! x_x

Hum… do you have the address of his (her?) blog? =O It seems to have interesting stuff.

Yeah, it was the third link on their website! http://dshyper.blog.shinobi.jp/

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Thanks a bunch for doing the French translation Lyendith! I can't read French but I can follow a long a little bit with google translate.

My feelings mirror yours pretty well about that random side arc in Volume 2. Ayaka and Yurine are super cute together. The BEST! :D I'm glad the story is back to them at least for now.

I hope they go to Toudai together and are "roommates". ;)

Hit "quote" to see how it auto formats with the closing arrows.

Oh, and here's a little nugget I discovered on the author's blog: http://file.dshyper.blog.shinobi.jp/7569775e.jpeg

It should not be a spoiler as it has not actually happened in the comic and I doubt it ever will, but mannnnnn I want it to.

last edited at Apr 23, 2015 2:27AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

So let me get this straight, after the fight Seol-a does the smart thing and calls all of No-rae's friends to see if she can find anything out, but when she can't they told her where No-rae lives?

Oh man, this is so awesome. Characters with brains.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Lovely chapter!

Now, I wish I could avoid any negativity, but I need to get this off my chest: all this complaining about No-rae overhearing some gossip about Seol-a and it amounted to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! This chapter would have been 99% the exact same if that scene was removed. All it did was give No-rae a bit of guilt about her reaction to it. So next time something like this comes up, don't jump to conclusions and start bashing before you even see the end result. It's really annoying to read and quite frankly made my reading of this chapter just a teensy weensy bit less enjoyable than if I didn't have to hear all that ridiculous negativity.

Now, to end on a more positive note, I think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Whether it's next chapter or 10 chapters from now, the love confession is surely closing in. And it will be glorious!

Well it did make No-rae take the fact that Seol-a was drunk seriously enough to come get her herself, but hearing the location or not did not matter.

BUT, just hearing that Kyung-woo wanted to bang Seol-a (without location) could have been info that was going around for days and then the chances of No-rae hearing about it would skyrocket.

So I totally agree, lovely chapter and it amounted to very little in realistic or not. :D

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 8:06PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

You are really twisting things around to try to make this scenario fit your definition of deus ex machina.

The 'problem' in question is pretty minor with many, many solutions possible. No way was ssamba boxed into a corner when she decided on this one. It might be a bit cliche, but coincidences do happen in real life. This isn't even the first time No-Rae has overheard someone talking about her future wife. Remember the bathroom scene with the catty girls badmouthing her? Seol-a is very popular and subject to lots of gossip. I bet No-Rae has even overheard more conversations about her before they were friends but it just never registered in her mind because she's not the gossipy type.

I second this. Everyone involved goes to the same university, so it makes sense that their paths could cross.

Deus Ex Machina comes from greek plays where they had to clear the stage at the end (there was no curtain) and an easy way to do that would be to lower a god down with a machine to tell everyone what they needed to do next and resolve the play. Such as in Euripides' Orestes where Orestes is about to kill Menelaus' daughter, Menelaus wants to kill Orestes, etc. etc. And Apollo pops out to let them know that they have their mythology wrong and Orestes is supposed to marry the girl he's about to slit the throat of, Menelaus is supposed to forgive him, Elektra is gonna marry Pylades, and Orestes needs to go get purified and whatnot like in the official mythology. Then they all leave the stage, but without Apollo showing up the play wouldn't be able to resolve itself and leave the stage (kind of a lame and bizarre ending, because Apollo is talked about throughout the play, but this is his first official appearance and we wanted to see the real action!).

A very obvious modern equivalent to Euripides' usage would be suddenly waking up just as something terribly awful is about to happen in the story and, "Oh look, it was all just a dream huh, it's over."

I don't think ssamba is going to do anything half as lame as that to us.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I may be alone in saying I want Seol-a to beat this on her own. They call him the "champion" but this is Seol-a we're talking about, a beautiful, intelligent, hard working, and independent woman. I don't want some player thinking he can make her his next conquest. Though, I don't think it will work for her character as she is a bit naive despite all of her awesome traits. Of course, if she does fight it alone, I would want No-rae playing some part, like Seol-a realizes what the texts mean or at that moment Seol-a realizing she loves No-rae. I don't know if I want a parallel to what happened with the other guy.

As much as I think we'd all appreciate it, at this point she looks pretty drunk. Better No-rae than No-one. (Ahahahahaahhhahahahahaah okay lol.)

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Hey there guys! Been a lurker for quite a long time and thought I'd join in on the current topic :)

To be honest I've always thought Seol-a went around sleeping with other guys just because of the little bonus tidbits from chapter 19. Let's see if I knew how to add pictures I would but I don't sooo-
It's from the 'Mastering Sunrise' bonus where Ssamba let's us in on what goes through Seol-a's head when No-rae asks her if she's been to the ocean at dawn. From what I've interpreted from the little sketches...Seol-a definitely slept with a couple of guys or more ahaha.

Oh, nice catch! I totally missed that.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I don't think we should consider her reaction to the movie, she may just have being embarrassed because it in public. It seems to me that in Korean society, Women tend not to be explicit about sex and things like this in public. They try to looks pure. (I may be wrong)

Anyway, even if she is a virgin, it doesn't mean the guy wouldn't want to have his way with her. Seing how all the reaction in this new chapter, I think we will see the guys talk about the kouhai trying to get in her pants.

Yeah, I forgot that. Very possible since I'm not very familiar with Korean culture.

They'd probably want to sleep with her more. o_o

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

The author hasn't really set a tone for this sort of thing unless I missed it.

I got the impression it was a slice of life where good things, bad things, great things, and horrible things happen as what usually goes on in life. That's been my impression of it.

Yeah, but in different pockets of life sometimes all your friends are virgins and sometimes all your friends are not. Seol-a being gay would make it so she wouldn't exactly be in a hurry to sleep with guys, and yet I have lesbian friends who did that anyways, and then lesbian friends that absolutely did not. I just haven't seen too many hints that indicate what path Seol-a took except the fact that she's sheltered.

Edit: Oh, and that she seemed bothered when No-rae took her to that erotic movie. I'm really starting to think Seol-a really didn't sleep with any of those guys she's dated.

last edited at Apr 5, 2015 6:14PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Do you guys remember a ways back when No-rae's friend was joking with her about her massive heartbreak and Seol-a wondered how far No-rae had gotten with him? It seemed like Seol-a had been looking at it from an innocent perspective. We don't actually know if Seol-a has slept with anyone before, or No-rae for that matter.

The author hasn't really set a tone for this sort of thing unless I missed it.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Though, this manhwa is not dark enough for it to really take that route.

Well it certainly IS dark enough for him to try. We're hoping it doesn't ever get dark enough for him to be allowed to succeed.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

So as a little buffer period, going to discuss it in bars:

It looks like No-rae was still planning on ignoring Seol-a, but those two friends of the dude were saying something about her? At first I thought she was jealous again, but on second thought, I think she's actually really angry (maybe another "get lucky" comment), which prompts her to call Seol-a (who ignores her lmao...she reminds me of a little kid).

Where did the dude go though? One of the commenters seems like they think he went to buy condoms...That, combined with No-rae's reaction (after spending so many days ignoring Seol-a, suddenly she's prompted to call her) kind of indicates something might happen next chapter. Maybe. No-rae to the rescue?

Oh man I hope so. The whole drunk Seol-a business is not looking good if No-rae doesn't come to the rescue.

And whoa, you sure got a lot more out of the raws than I did. Can you read some Korean or something?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I bet something unexpected happens next chapter. The author said it was special, right?

Maybe No-Rae will keep avoiding Seol-A but then get into a situation where she can't, but there will be other people around so they can't actually have a confrontation.

Like a huge sleepover (MT..? I'm not even sure what those are) where Seol-A, Hye-Kyung, and No-Rae all end up in the same bed and No-Rae can't freak out in front of Hye-Kyung, so she gets stuck and it gets really awkward for her.

Not sure how this would make the rest of the story proceed, but knowing how ssamba is I don't think that such a scene would be very long, even if it did happen, it'd probably cut to the next morning and have No-Rae wake up and think the worst of it was over and then Seol-A starts changing. Maybe still too humorous for the tone going on though.

last edited at Mar 22, 2015 9:11PM