Forum › Posts by xxcindybeexx

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Well, when I said you don't have to do much analysis...I meant it quite literally. As in you don't have to cut away (ana + lysis) from a story that much to see it's already almost identical to another. Because there is no such thing as original or unique if you take the words by their denotative definition. It's the sort of thinking of "This character is used more than others" that is exactly the trap that we as humans fall in. Because every single character has been used a LOT. And the thing is, that's all we as humans can do is either make stories out of bits and fractions of ideas not our own (or from ideas that were created from ideas that were not our own, etc) or stumble upon something new by accident - which only happens in scientific research if you use the paradigm of 'accident'.

Now don't get me wrong...I am not being pessimistic. I think every story deserves the right to be given its due attention sovereign of how "original" it is. And I do think stories are unique and original, as well as we as human beings...just by the paradigm case of its meaning, not by its literal definition. I love entertainment, and the fact that I've heard a story before does not make me enjoy it any less. It doesn't make any of us enjoy it any less. We just enjoy the story.

There is a such thing as cliché, that's not what I was trying to say either. All I am saying is that cliché carries no weight as an argument.

I think you do understand most of what I am saying though...the idea of liking a genre because you like the clichés is hitting on the broader picture as I was trying to say.

This whole thing is just a giant complicated argument that takes a really close look at way more than just the word 'cliché', it looks at human nature, the scientific composition of us and namely our brain, it observes our behavior...it's really something that's not worth filling this thread about.

I don't even ask that you agree with me, just give these words some thought. You as in anyone reading this, that is.

in a nutshell, saying you don't like something because it's cliche, is just being lazy. why EXACTLY do you not like it? because you've seen that character type a million times before? because you've read the plotline a million times before? but in reality, is that really an excuse to say it's bad? to you personally maybe it is. but to someone else who hasn't seen that character type a million times, or read that plotline a million times, it could be great. considering there is no new ideas anymore, isn't it a bit pretentious to say something is cliche based on your own personal reading history? for something to be a bad story, you need to look into things in much more detail. was the character growth spotty? nonexistant? characters unlikable? the research into topics used in the story done poorly? etc etc. but to do that would require in depth analysis and people just don't want to do that with something they read for entertainment. so, instead, they just slap "cliche" onto it. because honestly, a story can be unique, or original, and still be bad. just because it's cliche does not mean it will be bad, and just because it's original or unique, does not mean it will be good.

last edited at Jan 21, 2015 11:43PM

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

did you guys see??? she was using a swiffer sweeper!! power to the swiffers! hahaha.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

idk i can understand why hiichan is all about the teacher right now. for the first time in her life she's found someone who has told her her feelings aren't wrong. and she's gotten really excited about that. i personally think she might be confusing that for love but that's just me. even the target of her affections had rejected her, though it was never said out right i don't think. but seriously, ayu totally brought this on herself. she really think her friend was going to just stay single her whole life if she couldn't be together with the first person she crushed on? give me a break lol.

xxcindybeexx
Cross Heart discussion 18 Jan 19:43
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

yay! i had read this a looong time ago, and few months ago when i saw someone with their picture used as an avatar i was like dang i wanna read that again, but for life of me i couldn't remember the name and couldn't find it lol, but now with remake out i get to find and reread it again! yay! haha i loved the ending too, having an aggressive kotomi is awesome.

xxcindybeexx
Yuri Kamome discussion 14 Jan 03:52
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kamome#20

Wait, did Mika put her head in Manami's underwear...?

seriously lol, talk about like super stretchy holy crap.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

oh jeez lol, what does anyone do when they find someone they like who is single but doesn't automatically return the feelings? they try to get the person to like them! yes, nao is super manipulative /rolls eyes. and i'm pretty sure, if aoi didn't like nao kissing her, she'd tell her to back off. i don't understand why her kissing aoi all the time like this when aoi shows no signs of disliking it, is such a bad thing. ffs lol.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

my response in this situation would be: bitch if you wanna keep going on pretending you are straight then that's perfectly fine by me but im gay as fuck and you have no say in the matter, also sensei is hot, peace out!

LMAO 5 stars for that hahaha. GAY AS FUCK!! XD

and people say something is cliche like it's a bad thing. yea most the time it is lol, but it takes real talent to take a subject/element/whatever that's used a million times and make it your own. and to be honest, there's veeeeery little out in the world now that can really be called original. you just have to find what you like and enjoy it lol. yea her coming back into story is cliche, but i like isechi and the nurse (mostly isechi lol) enough not to care and continue to enjoy it lol.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

BTW what's wrong with room-temperature Dr. Pepper?

EVERYTHING!! especially if it's CANNED!!

btw, was kinda eh to the story until that end picture with shinobu joining em in on the wedding LOL that made my day.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

every time i see a new chapter updated and posted, i tell myself, no, i'm not going to read it this time. the whole concept of it is stupid and the same thing happens almost every chapter. but then a chapter or 2 more updates later, i always cave in and read it anyways, and i still love it every time, despite the aforementioned, lol, because it is just too hilariously written. FRIENDSHIP COMPLETE!!!

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i'm 162 which is why i like asians, cause they seem to be the only people i'm ever taller than here lol. >.>; but in retrospect i like being short cause i like women who are taller than me lol.

somehow i missed seeing the first chapter to this getting posted O: really good! i have a pretty bad impression for printed manwas, but i've yet to really read a bad one that's a webtoon :) and so far this does not disappoint. that art picture posted was super cute too!! love baek in that hat lol.

xxcindybeexx
Smile Maker discussion 04 Jan 22:42
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I read this and then reread this and all I could really think about was how exhausting it must be to have a friend/girlfriend (I'm going off yuri tag, subtext or not) like Yae who seems like an ADD incarnate to me.

i have to strongly agree...lol that childhood friend..yae? was way over the top to me. either that or it was just that very first image of her being so melodramatic that ruined her image for me lol. tbh i didn't even really like any of the characters. maybe the short haired chick, but her friend with the side ponytail pulled the bitch card with what she told/way she behaved towards yae, then the i'm better than you girl was quite the bitch too at the start, and yae was just dumb lol. shame cause the art was good (when it wasn't going overboard with yae's expressions). if the artist does more, i think it'd be good if the girl with the ponytail leans toward her friend more instead, kinda like how she behaved at the very end lol.

xxcindybeexx
LOVE/DEATH discussion 24 Dec 05:27
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

ahahahaha that deff needs a wtf tag lol and comedy XD almost didn't read it cause the violence tag but, with non doujin mangas coming out much less often than doujin (not that i have a problem with those perse, just not as interested in em lol) i did anyways lol, and glad i did XD

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I think the most pointed thing that could be said about Chihiro is that, for all her possessiveness, she isn't actually in love with Aoi. It seems like she just enjoys Aoi as a "cute thing" to play around with, and not even a particularly important one at that; if you aren't sure about someone's feelings, watching their reaction while you get closer with someone else is an understandably dumb thing to do, but if you're this confident about it, why would you actively distance yourself from them?

Even if she wanted to bait Aoi into a tearful confession because it'd be cute, I can think of a million different ways she could be making Aoi get all flustered and blushy in the meantime just by subtly flirting with her a little, while still waiting for her to confess first. But she doesn't seem to care all that much about actually being close to Aoi, or provoking cute reactions from her, and apparently she has little sense of jealousy when someone else gets close to Aoi. More than that, it seems like watching that third party strike out with Aoi is part of the fun.

In a lot of ways, rather than liking Aoi, or being fond of cute things, Chihiro's actions seem more in line with someone who gets off on twisting other people's feelings around her. She wants to see Aoi get super worked up about confessing, she's happy to play with Shino's enthusiastic affection, she's trying to push Nao towards fruitlessly pursuing Aoi, believing that Nao will self-destruct because of Aoi's unwavering one-sided love, and all the heartbreak and tension and fallout will all have Chihiro at its root. Put another way, she wants to be Helen of Troy, and revel in her own little Trojan War.

that was beautiful lol. SCREW HELEN!! lol. and....

I don't know, I've also read Nao as taking advantage during Aoi's most vunerable moments. I mean, she says these kisses are just to make her feel better or they dont count lol but really, I mean if someone came up and kissed me even though I liked someone else, I would be like hey stop wtf. Though ofc Aoi doesn't mind, because its a manga, blah blah blah.

y'know, just cause you're in love with someone, doesn't mean all your attraction to others just ups and disappears. you CAN be attracted to someone you're not in love with, which could be the case why aoi didn't go WTF DUDE to nao when she was kissed. has nothing to do with it just being a manga lol.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lol...all he needs is a lil love XD still, an interesting story nonetheless.

xxcindybeexx
Their Story discussion 26 Nov 03:45
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

ohhh so cute!! i just love the friendship between the boy and her! hope there is lots more to come!

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

y·vi·rus noun \ˈpronounced: why-vi-rus \
1: an infectious disease which spreads rapidly through the air, resulting in a strong need or desire for romance with someone of the same sex.

Y-virus in a sentence
I always thought I was straight until I contracted the y-virus
I was the last one in my neighborhood to catch the y-virus.
Before I caught the y-virus I thought it was an odd coincidence all four of my friends were lesbian.

Origin of Y-virus
English, Virus, Yuri, Yaoi
First known use: 2014

Related words: romance, virus, LGBTQE, ebola

LMAO that's beautiful.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

^ cannot agree more lol

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

jesus christ falling asleep in the middle of sex? i think fue is beyond asexuality, and is more along the lines of sever anemia. seriously. hasn't she ever thought that something is wrong with her to be constantly THAT tired where she'll just fall asleep allll the time, everywhere? shouldn't she get that checked out??? and even with chapter 0, i really don't get the feeling of romantic attachment to asuna at all. in fact, it almost seemed like she was more attached to asuna's place than asuna herself lol >.>; and anyone would do really, so long as they left her alone and fed her, to keep herself from having to bother cooking her own food, and in all honesty that doesn't sound like a very healthy relationship.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

well, one of them is deff het though, youko. rie is yuri, then the mc would be bi lol, so maybe all 3 tags would work XD i don't think the art was that non-moe imo though, i thought it was nice.

xxcindybeexx
Gamma discussion 17 Oct 01:01
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

haha this was actually a lot better than i was expecting from the premise.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i see outarou coming back in the last chapter!!! that rain is deff one step closer to her real goal for sure!

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

can that even really be considered a love triangle? the yankee switched to the writer so fast after all...lol

xxcindybeexx
Oddman 11 discussion 04 Oct 15:01
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

is it just me or did anyone else notice that setsu finally just "beat" #7, and neither of em seemed to care? lol. i think she is steadily losing her focus in this whole thing XD

xxcindybeexx
Oddman 11 discussion 22 Sep 00:37
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

no more like hey butter butter butter fo some o' that octo (squid?) skin peels! XD /hurl LOL

xxcindybeexx
Ahegao discussion 19 Sep 18:01
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

man there are tags for everything lol