Forum › Posts by random

joined Jul 26, 2016

why did I not read this before
this is amazing

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

For me is like Shizuka is mad that Kaoru is making that face and experiencing those feelings for the first time, means that whatever they had in the past was only serious for her but not Kaoru, so in her shoes, even if we're no longer dating... That would hurt me too.

...except she's making the exact same face as way back when, ie. she's acting the same as presumably back when the two of them first got together (incidentally given her flabbergasted look my theory is Shizuka had to make the first moves to get the ball rolling at the time). Also Kaoru's the one who went terminally apathetic when they broke up so it sure seems to have been serious enough for her...

Rather I think Shizuka's panicking because she just realised she's losing the "first place" that has essentially defined their relationship for the past few years - she's now looking at a shared spot at the very best and far more likely second place, and that's clearly one bitter pill for her to swallow. Note also her downright desperate tone with Mio...

Way I read it it just dawned to her Kaoru's finally begun moving on from their old familiar routine and she's both frightened of, and feeling orphaned by, the somewhat sudden crumbling of the status quo.
Growing up is hard, as it were.

last edited at Aug 15, 2019 8:33PM

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

I'd say Shizuka is rather less jealous than outright panicking; if her morose musings before meeting Mio in the clubroom are to go by it sounds like that weird little slow-motion dance she's been doing with Kaoru for the past 3+ years has been something of a comfortable constant in her life and the prospect of it suddenly vanishing distresses her greatly.
Probably doesn't help that Kaoru getting seriously interested in someone else means she will no longer be her special number one, which prospect is apparently quite the gut punch for Shizuka's self-image. Girl seems to have some kinds of abandonement issues too.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Quit while you're still ahead huh? Bit of a Bill Watterson lite move, I can respect that.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

It's probably telling that Kaoru seems to be equal parts confused, amazed and fascinated by her own emotional responses. (Shizuka's flashback of her presumably middle-school self reacting similarly also suggests a few things.)

Dis gurl b odd, yo.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

How are we going to get a massive orgy if our protagonist suffers a leg injury?

Carefully. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Every now and then out of the left field Honoka goes and displays the family resemblance (and lucky genetics) of the Yamada sisters. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Seriously? An ambulance just for a scratch?

Reasonably major leg injury is strongly implied. Where I live people usually call ambulance over that kind of thing, yes.

random
Image Comments 14 Aug 23:53
joined Jul 26, 2016
Ebxjoz8u0aauntv-orig

^Asuka and Emoji are the prominent exceptions I can name out of hand who wouldn't.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Bike-kun comes along, how hard can they hit?

Certainly bad enough to wreck a particularly complicated joint like the knee in a particularly unfortunate case. Depends on a whole lotta more or less random factors IRL but here, in practice, dramatic necessity.

random
Still Sick discussion 14 Aug 22:56
joined Jul 26, 2016

on 19 shimizu says "her" but as far as i remember she didn't specify the sex?
So i guess that's either a typo or the translator implied that the guy didn't hear it? I thought he did.

Japanese has gender-neutral pronouns, English doesn't.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

BRING OUT THE 18 WHEELER YO. WHAT'S WITH THIS WEAK ASS BIKE NONSENSE?! YOU BARELY EVEN KILLED HER

Give Bike-kun a break, he needs to complete several leveling and evolution cycles before that. Everyone starts small...

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Finale possibilities:

1) Unable to compete in the championship, Chika goes berserk and embarks on a bloody killing spree with a hatchet, starting with those closest to her and ending in a bloody confrontation with a mace-bearing Usa-pyon on the roof of a skyscraper high above the city.

Didn't know you wrote scripts for action games, Blas.

random
Still Sick discussion 14 Aug 22:18
joined Jul 26, 2016
  1. this fucking table tennis pose killed me
  2. Good Guy Kido
  3. Ninjakawa lmaoooooo
random
joined Jul 26, 2016

SENPAI ZURUI YOOOOOOO. Shizuka shocks me acting like a maiden in love like that, but I think it fits her character surprisingly well. Like she wants somebody that doesn't immediately falls for her charms everytime she's goes about flirting. It's sad that is bonchan ever shares her feels, shizuka would get cold feet and dip. I hope senpai makes like Elsa and LETS HER GO. Mio is such a cutie and I'm worried for her

...pretty sure you're getting Shizuka and Kaoru mixed up there.

random
VAMPEERZ discussion 14 Aug 16:36
joined Jul 26, 2016

Aside from any supernatural mumbo-jumbo that might factor into the equation - and someone put that barrier around the shrine for some reason - Aria might well also just be somewhat picky about who ends her. Just mind-controlling some rando would probably be a most undignified way to go about it, and she offhandedly implies she could just compel Ichika to do it but won't...

Probably when you're as however-the-fuck-old as she probably is waiting a further week or a century doesn't make much difference anyway. She casually namedrops some frightfully ancient names (lilu is Akkadian and kienĝir was what the Sumerians called their land) like something she was personally familiar with; if this is so and she isn't just putting on airs she'd potentially be somewhere to the tune of four millenia plus old...

Time enough to get very, very strange by the yardsticks of regular people.

random
VAMPEERZ discussion 14 Aug 15:17
joined Jul 26, 2016

Where is the tag comedy ???????

What are you talking about, this is SRS VMPR DRM `;..;´

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

There are a couple of flashback chapters from Kase's perspective, namely Plant Appointeee (original series) and Straw Hat which gave us the important details concerning Kase's attraction to Yamada. Mainly her butt and how nice her hat smells.

Don't forget her thighs, at several points. Kase's willing help Yamada try on shoes all day long . . .

Kase-san is thirsty 24/7

If that's true, then I guess ALL of her dreams are wet dreams.

Moral of the story: stay hydrated, kids!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Sensei is the totem spirit of this entire forum isn't she.

random
VAMPEERZ discussion 14 Aug 13:00
joined Jul 26, 2016

Say what else you will of Higashiyama but his sense of comedy has always been

random
VAMPEERZ discussion 14 Aug 11:27
joined Jul 26, 2016

Ichika's reaction faces are 24-carat gold.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Igarashi's key statement is, "I made a mistake," which certain kinds of people often mistake for having delivered an apology, even though it's only preliminary to actually expressing, "And I'm sorry and am asking for your forgiveness."

Anyone's guess where she was going with it since they got interrupted by meddling kidsNanoha and the prospective applicants, though from the context its clear she had something to discuss about the whole rejection business. Not sure how Chidori's shocked_pikachu_face.jpg there is supposed to be read...

After the Valentine's Day candy return, Igarashi might have surreptitiously observed Chidori and Nanoha interacting, and, having developed a villains' super-gaydar, put two and two together, which their closest friends have yet to do, even after a sleepover.

Or maybe it's just generalized asshole-ness.

Seems like an awful specific barb to throw as a parting shot if she didn't at least have a strong suspicion of their relationship is all. TBF to the blissfully unaware friends, though, Igarashi would at least have had a rough of idea what kinds of hints to look for if she was keeping an eye on Chidori before graduation; would still rather smack of supervillainous omniscience.

random
Image Comments 14 Aug 00:16
joined Jul 26, 2016
75322899_p0

Just jam it in

...can't imagine mint choco and whatever fruit stuff Ruby's having mixing well, mind.

random
1 x ½ discussion 14 Aug 00:09
joined Jul 26, 2016

maybe this is a how to guide on having a healthy mom daughter yuri :D?

Step 1: Your husband has to die from an "accident"....

Step 2: Daughter must be a lil perv, like her dad

Seems to me like things would go smoother if she was getting that from mom...

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

...I'm seriously not getting what Igarashi's angle is now. She seemed to start out vaguely nostalgic and possibly at least half-heartedly testing the ice for some kind of rapprochement, then apparently switched gears to "let's troll the cute kouhai(s) for le shitz und gigglez" about the second Nanoha walked in.

And that little 'joke' she tossed at Nano really makes me wonder if she isn't the second exception to the series tagline - and if so, when did she clue in?