Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Image Comments 18 Nov 08:47
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[satou%20yuuki]

Quite impressive to have a typo in one page.

elevown
Image Comments 16 Nov 23:40
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
55968a393d50e56a5b9ac7873cee96c2

If by Canon you mean the picture is official - then yes - but it's not showing anything that isn't regularly in the show. And it's Canon that Ayano is in love with Kyouko - who is totally clueless.

elevown
Image Comments 09 Nov 04:46
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
55968a393d50e56a5b9ac7873cee96c2

I REALLY love this couple :) They HAVE been getting closer in season 3 and the manga - a shame they wont take it to it's logical conclusion :( I'll just hope for some good doujins and fanfics for them :)

elevown
Image Comments 06 Nov 23:11
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
39358643a_by_mugichocolation-d8g07uo

^ In what way? Mana has read hair - Reginas is blond but really long - and personality wise Mana is a bit like Love I guess, but Setsuna isn't like Regina at all.

Though both pairings are equally great :) Two of the best cures I think - and maybe the best two dark side characters who become good.

Edit -

Now that I think about it the pairings are similar - how Regina and Setsuna came to mean so much to Mana and love and how hard they fought for them - so they have a similar 'feel'.

last edited at Nov 6, 2015 11:55PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was great :) I love millet soup stuff - and longer doujins like this - and there isn't enough Alice X Patchouli stuff either.

Also, I love how they do Shanghai - with real feelings and intelligence not just a controlled doll.

The 2nd to last bubble should be 'I'm' not ' I ' though.

last edited at Nov 3, 2015 3:08AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The ears bit at the start of 30 was great - but covering the ears so she wouldn't hear her confession was kinda silly - try it - putting hands over your ears only blocks a little sound - no way she'd not of still heard it all clearly.

I wish we'd get a few serious confessions / couples in this manga but it's still great though.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Tell ya what:

I'm in exams at the moment, and my last one is the Monday after next.

So I'll try to get some work done on chapter 12 between now and then, but I can't promise I'll have the next release out before then, but if I get my studying schedule together properly, I can probably pull it off ;)

Don't worry about it while you got exams on - we can wait a few weeks - given how long ago the previous update was lol.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow - an update after 4 years lol :)

Anyways I used to read this - its pretty good so I'm glad someone is working on it again.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yeah, I understand that semi-daily updates can be problematic. To be honest, we're a bit troubled with how to handle releasing, as well. The way we're doing it now is a bit makeshift, but releasing as normal would end up flooding the blog with single-page updates.

I agree with this - It will be a bit harder and more annoying keeping track of 1 or 2 page releases multiple times a week - and surely be more effort to post? I'd go for no.3 - and save up say about 8-10 pages worth and then release them together.

I mean we don't need updates every few days - once every 2 week or whatever is plenty often enough - and still much faster than most manga update.

But whatever works for you guys - it's really cute - I'll enjoy it either way :)

last edited at Oct 25, 2015 11:48AM

elevown
Image Comments 23 Oct 16:48
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
50869020_p0

Just watched and enjoyed this show :) They shouldn't of ended it with her back on earth tho - that's too sad for Retoree and the other band members - having to try to carry on with a 3 person band again.. They should of ended with Cyan being able to come & go at will with her phone! I don't suppose they will do another season?

elevown
Love Rabbit discussion 22 Oct 11:28
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Totally cute and no Sanae or Yuyuko to get in the way either, a nice treat. These two are one of my favourite Touhou pairings, too.

I really enjoy this pair too - and Sanae & Yuyuko do seem to pop up a lot in their fics - also Eirin and Tewi - who i'm not big fans of either.

It's a bit of a shame they are always comedy though- they are funny and some bits are sweet - but I'd love to see a serious long romance doujin for this this pair - à la 'Sparrow's First Love'.

elevown
Image Comments 17 Oct 10:41
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[yohane]%2001

I really like this pairing too - not that there's much written for it :( I agree Shanghai works better with Marisa than Alice - who seems more like a parent.

Only thing is Shanghai is presented very differently in various doujins - how much free will / 'soul' or whatever does she have in cannon?

In some stories she has none and its just all Alice's control - in others she has fairly simple autonomy down to the spell or maybe a low pet like intelligence - and can only say her name - but maybe has no soul still? - and in some she is every bit as smart and talkative as any human?

last edited at Oct 17, 2015 10:43AM

elevown
Choir discussion 16 Oct 19:52
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

They're for Choir. He does have other doujinshi...pretty much all het and futa. He's quite well known among the English community for his Sailor Moon futa stuff.

I'd have zero interest in the het or futa stuff but wow - choir doujins by the actual author! Anyway - I'm just super glad to see choir itself getting worked on again :)

elevown
Choir discussion 16 Oct 17:50
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That's what doujins are for.

That reminds me, there are also some doujinshi from the author for this series...we might translate those too. Won't promise anything, I haven't really decided yet.

Are they choir doujins - or yuri? if so I for one will hope you do do them :)

elevown
Image Comments 16 Oct 13:28
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
0ac9fc4389a3df48d19fe187fefacebe

Yup it should be kyoko and ayano imo - I like yui but never saw even the slightest chemistry between her and kyouko - nothing beyond friends - no way can you take kyoukos jokes / teases and messing about as anything else .

Its very well drawn though.

last edited at Oct 16, 2015 1:28PM

elevown
Choir discussion 16 Oct 11:02
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks Binbou Scanlation for another great chapter btw :) I always really enjoy this manga - you got this chapter out pretty fast!

And Luhood - I think its part of its strength actually - that it doesn't stick to just comedy - I wish more 4 koma and comedy manga would be fine with varying it up more and mixing in segments that weren't just comedy. When was the last time you saw a comedy with yuri subtext / jokes (like yuru yuri etc) that then actually took the yuri somewhere beyond a gag? I love choir for doing that.

It would be like if in yuru yuri Kyouko and Ayano actually became girlfriends in the show - and who thinks that's gonna happen?

last edited at Oct 16, 2015 11:05AM

elevown
Choir discussion 16 Oct 10:55
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Rincewind - on your hidden last points -

PS: Regarding this last point...
Chapter 24... Mawata, you big, big, idiot!!! You don't realize how lucky you are!?
Poor Kyouko, seeing her criying to sleep was heartbreaking.
She's amazing, hopefuly she will found her charming princess. Gambatte Kyouko-san!!!

Spoilery
I have the originals - and I can't give you details since my Japanese is bad but I can say by the
end both are a lot happier!

elevown
Choir discussion 16 Oct 10:44
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

There is 1 more volume after this one?

Yup that was the last chapter of volume 2 (just checked) I make that 15 'chapters' left.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I just noticed its quite subtle - in the last panel Mari is making that thumb through fingers gesture that means to have sex, when she's saying they should continue later lol.

elevown
Live & Loud discussion 11 Oct 23:36
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

None of you have to enjoy it! It's my birthday present from Shima and it is the most beautiful thing ever. ☆〜(ゝ。∂)

Well - Happy BD - I'm glad you liked your prezzy :)

elevown
Live & Loud discussion 11 Oct 20:35
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was just I don´t know stupid. And not funny.

I bet you're fun at parties

I kinda agree it wasn't very funny - though it still needs a comedy tag - i'd add a wtf_am_i_reading tag too - it was more wierd than funny imho. (Though a few bits were funny).

last edited at Oct 11, 2015 8:36PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wait a minute. How are they supposed to make a baby using IP stem cell technology? The only way i can think of is by cloning one of the mothers. So actually only one of them is the biological mother.

If they wanted both to be the biological mother then they could have taken an egg cell of one and a polar body of the other and create a zygote with these two.

Its an old post but thought i'd comment - from what i understand, you would turn some cells (skin cells normally) from one woman into stem cells - (they do this all the time nowadays to make stem cells - not from embryos any more) - stem cells can be turned into ANY other kind of cell - (that's what they are - kinda proto-cells that are told what to become as we develop).

You can even turn a woman's stem cells into sperm cells - (I think stem cells come in our development even before the fetus becomes male or female) then use them to fertilise another womans egg. It isn't cloning as the baby would get dna from both. Because there are no y chromosones though, it means the baby could only be female.

That's how it would work unless I misunderstood - and it has actually been done in the lab with mice etc. Im not sure if it would be much harder to do with humans.

last edited at Oct 12, 2015 7:35AM

elevown
Image Comments 10 Oct 03:33
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[arinu]%2002

Do they add new chrs every game? I'd think it would be quite hard to have a new chr take off big style in touhou now - all the fans probably just want more of their favourites - Remiu, Marisa, Alice, the SDM etc in doujins - and there's certainly already a big enough cast of great side characters for near infinite variety.

elevown
Image Comments 09 Oct 13:54
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[arinu]%2002

That was very cute :) Got to say though - I've read a LOT of touhou but I don't think I've ever seen these 2 before?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ah, it was cute... Can't help but feel sad for Karin, considering she does have feelings for Yuuna.

She has Fuu, don't worry. In the second VN she has been more or less paired with her.

Damn - wish my Japanese was better than it is lol - or someone would translate them.