Kiana
Image Comments 16 Feb 17:55
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Risui_1227924200737759233_2

[dives for cover]

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

This author has the weirdest notion about where's a good place to end a chapter.

I'll second that. Side character seemingly gets a relationship... okay? Not a lot of tension and not really an end-on-a-laugh page, either, at least to me. Almost feels like a filler page, like a chapter#.1 sorta thing.

That "If you love me, kiss me" part is a microcosm of everything wrong with their relationship; they're trying to use their physical connection to compensate for their lack of trust and a mental/emotional connection.

I'll also second that. Which simultaneously makes it a very realistic college relationship and frustrating (maybe tense would be a better word?) to watch. Like removing a splinter; it's going to hurt but hopefully the end result is worth it.

At least the translation makes the dialog a fun read. Appealingly quirky without ridiculous exaggerations, really works with the plausible slow motion train wreck relationship.

Kiana
Image Comments 10 Feb 00:06
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
87540785_p0%20(1)

Blushing tomboys, yeeeees.

Kiana
SHY discussion 07 Feb 17:08
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Press X to Doubt

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_school_librarian_and_the_high_school_girl#5

This exchange reminds me of something I saw years ago, about lesbian flirting. Basically:
"You're cute."
"Aww, thanks."
"No, I'm trying to be gay with you. Homo intended."

Age Gap with reverse Height Gap makes my gay little heart flutter.

+1

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Tho I do feel we got "ex machina'd" I think? It just feels all of a sudden that the mom had this knowledge but about time she stood up for herself.

I'll second that. It does seem to come out of nowhere, especially with the arc focusing so much on Mogu's sister and father, so there wasn't much insight into the mom's history before now. So it feels very abrupt.

But heck yeah, so glad she finally gave the dad what for. And supportive parents that recognize their mistakes are something this world needs more of.

last edited at Feb 5, 2021 10:31AM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

That ideal vs reality page cracks me up. The complications of having a catgirlfriend.

Kiana
A Cute Guy discussion 29 Jan 04:05
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

These people still didn't give a concrete answer as to the "bad scene" in tadoroko-san, literal brain rot

Chapter 62, for the sexual assault. Which was then it was followed up with this, which was the final straw for me:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_ch62_5#3
Attempted rapists get away with just a call to their parents? Not cool.

Kiana
A Cute Guy discussion 28 Jan 16:49
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

You compared not liking the comic to rabies, an actual disease, before making that statement. So you're right, you didn't insinuate that I'm diseased. You outright stated it.

Taking a joke literally to make yourself look like a victim is pretty disgusting.

Calling an insult a joke doesn't excuse it.

Kiana
A Cute Guy discussion 28 Jan 15:46
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I wasn't insinuating that you're suffering from an actual disease

I quote:

What is making people say this about Tadokoro-san? Rabies? Religion? Tell me what disease has affected you people.

You compared not liking the comic to rabies, an actual disease, before making that statement. So you're right, you didn't insinuate that I'm diseased. You outright stated it.

Kiana
A Cute Guy discussion 28 Jan 13:51
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

hopefully tatsubon learns not to include shit like that again.

That's my hope as well, which is why I'm giving this one a chance.

What is making people say this about Tadokoro-san? Rabies? Religion? Tell me what disease has affected you people.

You know, I didn't insult anyone that still reads the comic. I really don't appreciate being treated like there's something wrong with me over it.

Maybe reevaluate your life if someone not liking what you like over a very uncomfortable scene is a "disease."

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Robot boobs: Completely unnecessary, yet absolutely essential.

Aesthetics are an important part of design.

Kiana
A Cute Guy discussion 28 Jan 09:07
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Tatsubon says trans rights....To soon? Wholesome tag is appropriate. Especially compared to the fuckfest that is "Todorako-san"

I'm nervous about future develops, considering the shit in Todorako that made me go from loving it to hating it in the span of a chapter. But I'm willing to give this one the benefit of the doubt.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

"i'm gonna be that cat's wife"

Do people really say that????

I've heard people say "[cat] is my boyfriend." Sometimes seriously. Soooooo... yes, apparently.

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Don't mind me, just drooling over Akane's abs over here.

I agree with Ponko: Athletic girls are a good thing!

Kiana
SHY discussion 10 Jan 16:04
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Time for a heart to heart.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

never underestimate what stress can do to a person

Speaking as someone that's 32 but has the health of someone over 60: Yeah, constant stress for years can do a heck of a number on a human body.

That being said, I still don't forgive the dad. I am willing to forgive the dad, if this experience makes him change his tune. But if not? Oh god, do I hope Mogu severs ties with that pile of trash.

last edited at Jan 9, 2021 10:21AM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

All of the comments on this new chapter so far, including many of them on the previous few since the father was introduced don’t seem to understand much about Japanese culture, especially the role of the “first son” and the “duty of the father.”

I see nothing in the comments to indicate posters weren't already aware of it. We just don't condone it.

Tradition isn't an excuse for abuse. Being abused isn't an excuse for being an abuser. We know full well what his purpose in the story is, and hate him for the kind of person he is, despite Mogumo's best efforts to communicate that the cycle of abuse has to end.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

if he just tried to make a effort to understand his kids maybe his family life would be better. Oh well.

An unfortunately common situation.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Can't make yuri without cracking some eggs.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Straight 7 chapters of sexual assault without any hint of comedy or progress. No wonder this is dropped :)

Yeeeeah... only just became aware of the manga, read it... up to the end of page 5. I bailed immediately.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

power of yuri shall win in the end

A victory for us all.

Kiana
Image Comments 02 Jan 07:58
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Eqidssuvqaiaepz-orig

When you make a tactical error, but pull out a win anyway.