Forum › Posts by Cannibal

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

^^that was cute
I'm looking for a yuri webcomic, it's not on dynasty, it's made by the same author of the third party, it had this delinquent ish girl and the oblivious happy one
It would also be really helpful if u found the official site too, if anyone finds it thank you in advance

This it? Looks like to be on hiatus since the author is working mainly on the Third Party.

last edited at Jun 23, 2017 9:39AM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

It looks like this take's place after the anime.

I know but that doesnt really make sense if you watched the anime. Dont want to spoil though.

Pretty sure since this takes place after the Anime that this is a spoil tag free zone.

This story is consistent with the ending of the anime.

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 8:10PM

Cannibal
New Game discussion 20 Jun 17:51
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The difference is 7 years. I means I don't really know how's conservative Japan is when it comes to relationship. But if two single(a) adult (b) individuals being really close on daily basic(c), had been alone in dozens of romantic situation(d), for 8 years (e). And still has a completely platonic relationship. I have to doubt if it will go anywhere.

I rather betting on Kou x Aoba to happen. Maybe something will spark up the next time they spend Chrismas alone, or something. Otherwise Kou has more danger to become cat lady than...

Oh come on, we have plenty of manga here showing that girls being friends for decades can easily take a romantic turn once one confesses to the other. Kou x Aoba is just a terrible bet with terrible odds, we have not seen anything beyond a sempai/kohai relationship between the two.

Cannibal
PAX 2 discussion 20 Jun 17:19
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Oh, yeah I'm so angry that I have to try and silence people by giving my own opinion! I'm a monster. /s

You are just wrong, there is considerable differences between how stories should be told between books, comics, cartoons and games. They are completely different mediums that require different methods. Games, like dark souls, can be successful hiding the story behind random NPC encounters, item descriptions, cutscenes and player choices. That doesn't work in manga or books unless it's a "choose your own adventure" type of deal. Comics and manga rely on art just as much as actual writing, they have the ability to show and not tell, unlike books where they can literally only tell you. Many game developers have hired professional book writers to write their stories and they quickly find out that it's a completely different ball game, especially for open world RPGs

Now about PAX itself, if we don't know the past, can't tell what the hell is going on in the present, and have no clue what's the come in the future it's simply not good writing. It doesn't matter if there is going to be a PAX 3 because what we have seen from the first two chapters is that we won't be able to tell what the hell is going on anyways. It's going to be a convoluted mess that requires the reader to fill in gaps every page because the writer has no idea how to make a coherent story. Once again, this story went from a completely random kiss to Sachi disappearing for three months to them fucking like rabbits with almost nothing said or showed to explain how any of it lead from one to the other. You can argue that we don't need to know about their pasts, you can argue for an open end about the future, but it's hard to argue that we don't need to know anything about the events presented in the manga.

Cannibal
New Game discussion 20 Jun 09:06
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

@risingstar3110 that's some serious grasping that you are doing there. Kou just wants to be a good a senpai, that's it. During the company trip she only let Rin see her vulnerable side. Even only let Rin hold her hand when she was sick.

Cannibal
PAX 2 discussion 20 Jun 08:41
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

We know what the author wanted to convey, which is that Kei believes her partner is emotionally unfaithful to her, and feels sad and lonely. You say over and over again that all the plot points are ambiguous but that's not the case. The details are ambiguous.

No, we don't know what the author wanted to convey, that's the whole point. You don't know, I don't know, because the story was muddled garbage. The plot is ambiguous. You don't know what is even happening during the events in the manga, for fucks sakes it goes from a random kiss to Sachi missing for three months to them fucking like bunnies, and you don't know how it ends.

For one, there are clues. We can look at Kei's hatred of tobacco smoke, and imagine she had a traumatic experience with a man who smoked tobacco threatening her relationship. We can look at Sachi going to the store to buy new headphones, and infer that she may be trying at a new start with Kei, unbeknownst to Kei. We can look at the last page of Kei smoking a cigarette and glaring into the pitch blackness, and infer that the relationship is ending or at least not going anywhere happy.

If your clues require their own ambiguous interpretation then they are not clues. They are just more bullshit you have to dig through to try to figure out what the hell is going on. Kei hates tobacco, we don't know why she hates it. We don't know how the headphones are connected to her ex-boyfriend, so her buying new ones doesn't have any meaning. Kei smoking while wearing Sachi's headphones doesn't mean anything, it's not a clue. It's a convoluted mess that means nothing. It's the yuri equivalent of throwing a bucket of paint against a canvas and trying to interpret meaning from it. We don't know why she is wearing the headphones, we don't know why she is even smoking. Also, she's not staring into pitch blackness, she is staring at the reader from the corner of her eye.

I don't love this manga by any means, but there's definitely an intention, a feeling conveyed. Details periphery to that intention being left to the imagination are NOT a sign of an inept writer.

When literally every detail is left up to imagination and interpretation then it's a sign of an inept writer. When two polar opposite interpretations are equally plausible then it's a sign that the writer is terrible at conveying whatever intention they had.

Cannibal
PAX 2 discussion 19 Jun 19:08
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Of course the ambiguity defeats the purpose of the story. Especially when almost every major detail is ambiguous. Why does Kei hate smoking so much and why does she associate it only with men? Is Sachi still dating the guy? Did Sachi ever even date the guy or was it a one sided crush? Why did Sachi vanish for three months and then show up like it was nothing? Where did she even go? Is Kei just a rebound or does Sachi actually love her? Do they actually break up or does Sachi finally feel like she can move on and keep on being with Kei? If the entire plot of the story is left up to individual interpretation then it's not well written.

On the contrary pax reminds me of Hidetaka Miyazaki's story telling(dark souls director) in no way would I ever say his is bad at telling a story quite the opposite. Personally I love it when storys make you participate it makes you more attached to the world if you also created your own interpretation. It makes me more atached to the characters and the world they live in.

Except Dark Souls is a video game whose lore is built around the idea of adventuring out in order to find clues to piece it all together. It's a mystery that the players have to choose to engage in or completely miss out on. It's like being a detective or archaeologist. PAX is a two chapter manga that just blatantly leaves out important details and there is absolutely no way for us to figure out what happened. The manga is about these two characters and their relationship and yet after reading it we still don't know anything about it. Their pasts, presents and futures are all left in the dark with no clues for us to find to figure out what the hell even happened.

last edited at Jun 19, 2017 7:10PM

Cannibal
PAX 2 discussion 18 Jun 07:46
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Does it really matter in this context? That interpretation makes a little more sense than mine so I'll go with it.

Of course it matters, it's a huge plot point that is completely left to interpretation.

I was making an inference. Kei, to the very last page, seems absolutely miserable and resigned to the idea that Sachi doesn't truly love her (whether or not this is the truth). Not everyone initiates a break in this situation, but my feeling is that Kei will.

Another thing left completely up to reader's interpretation because the writer couldn't convey the character's thoughts all that well. Kei feels like just a replacement but will that lead her to staying or leaving? We don't know, it doesn't show or tell us.

It could be either, but I don't believe that ambiguity defeats the purpose of the story.

Of course the ambiguity defeats the purpose of the story. Especially when almost every major detail is ambiguous. Why does Kei hate smoking so much and why does she associate it only with men? Is Sachi still dating the guy? Did Sachi ever even date the guy or was it a one sided crush? Why did Sachi vanish for three months and then show up like it was nothing? Where did she even go? Is Kei just a rebound or does Sachi actually love her? Do they actually break up or does Sachi finally feel like she can move on and keep on being with Kei? If the entire plot of the story is left up to individual interpretation then it's not well written.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 7:47AM

Cannibal
PAX 2 discussion 18 Jun 06:29
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

"Well written" is the last adjective I would give this series. It's so god damn incoherent for such a simple cliche plot. Nothing is explained and nothing is confirmed. Everything is so ambiguous that you can come up with 10 different interpretations and they would all be as equally plausible.

I didn't read the first part yet, so maybe that one was a lot more muddled? I thought it was pretty clear that Kei is in love with Sachi who is in a relationship with an older man. Kei pierces her ear as a show of her feelings, and comforts Sachi while she's sick, but realizes that Sachi won't leave the boyfriend and is heartbroken, it's a bare bones plot, but did it really need more explanation? It's a mood piece if anything.

Funny since so many people are assuming that Sachi's boyfriend broke up with her and using Kei as a rebound. And where does it say that they broke up in the end? Kei is even wearing Sachi's headphones on the last page. Is she wearing them and smoking to remind herself of Sachi or is she trying to change herself in order to "stay in Sachi's world"? Your guess is as good as mine because it's so poorly written.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 6:31AM

Cannibal
PAX 2 discussion 18 Jun 05:52
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

"Well written" is the last adjective I would give this series. It's so god damn incoherent for such a simple cliche plot. Nothing is explained and nothing is confirmed. Everything is so ambiguous that you can come up with 10 different interpretations and they would all be as equally plausible.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 5:53AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Serious question: Since this manga has already been "completed" by some person on Imgur, would you still like us to published a more professional/polished version to DS?

Yes please, I have been waiting on a more polished version before doing a re-read of the completed series. I like to read whenever a rough translation comes up simply because I'm impatient but you just can't beat a quality scanlation when doing a re-read.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Best Mangaka Rohan posted:

I initially thought it would be smutty and harem series but it is light hearted humor/non serious series.

Sigh........and here i was hoping for a good smutty yuri vampire seriies

This is by the author of Prunus Girl so I dunno why you'd expect anything else.

That was before i knew it was made that same author. Though I expected same humor as Prunus Girl but it doesn't even have good humor.

Yeah, well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Omega Deuse posted:

Q: Where did your confidence come from?
A: I am literally the goddess who used to rule the universe, talking to the devil who currently rules the universe. I think one of us can manage something.

And specifically Homura has a ton of control over reality compared to Madoka since the entire universe is her labyrinth.

She has more control because she is not a self contradicting concept like Madoka was. She has all the power Madoka did but can still exist and interact with the world.

Cannibal
Anime season 06 Jun 20:15
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Im worried about the new symphogear i hope its not terrible. can we consider the two new girl character trans? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-06/symphogear-axz-anime-reveals-new-cast-visuals-july-1-premiere/.117109

Well yeah, they are literally transgender. TFW they confirm transgender characters before confirming the lesbians.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Hm i wonder
Is it really such a bad thing as people claim?
Why is it that I really don't hear men get told the same thing? I don't hear promiscuous men being called sluts, being told that their lifestyle isn't healthy, that they should respect themselves more, that they're easy, that they're throwing themselves to just anyone, that they sleep around. I don't hear them get mocked and degraded but rather glorified? Praised? They hold pride in it and feel desirable, it's something to brag about.
But women, women no. Promiscuity is shameful and repressed. Don't do it. If you did, don't talk about it, don't let it get around, don't let others know, keep it to yourself or others will look down on you.
If it's a behaviour people really find deplorable, shouldn't men be told the same thing, shamed the same way? If it's found acceptable for men, perhaps it's not about the behaviour itself in the first place, but the mentality and expectations ppl have for women.
("players" don't get frowned on for sleeping around either, they get judged for "breaking hearts", and leading ppl on, not the same kind of "judgement".)

Personal question, are you a guy? I am, and let me tell you, we don't praise our slutty male friends. I have had slutty male friends and, yes, we did call them sluts. We may appreciate that they know how to get girls easily but we would never allow a female friend near them without warning them first. And absolutely no way would have him date our family. And no, being a slut, male or female, is not healthy. Even with proper protection your risk of STDs skyrockets. It's also not mentally healthy if you are aiming to one day settle down, habits are hard to break. Out of all the sluts I know who have settled down none do it by choice, at least not their own. Then there is the problem of one of the slut's partners becoming too attached and causing problems. The more people you sleep with the higher chance you end up sticking it in crazy.

And besides, there is a stand up routine that remains true to this day. There is such a thing as fat ugly sluts, there is no such thing as a fat ugly stud. Being a slut is easy, being a stud is hard. A girl at a bar can easily find a guy to go home with, she doesn't even have to try. As long as her standards are low enough she is guaranteed to find a guy willing to sleep with her right there and then, the same can't be said for guys trying to be a stud.

On topic for the next chapter, still no solid evidence that she is 100% a slut but she is hiding something sinister from her new girlfriend.

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 1:27PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Hibike is known for two things, it's music and it's queerbait. Their date at the festival is the epitome of queerbait. Couldn't find one discussion thread without a long reply thread talking about the queerbaiting. Even the wikia is filled with queerbait. KyoAni made an effort to remove all interactions between Reina and Taki as well as Kumiko and Shuuichi while making Reina and Kumiko closer than they ever were in the light novels, they know full well what they were doing.

last edited at Jun 5, 2017 12:23PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

There are LOTS of characters in yuri who date a lot of guys, even kissing them, before awakening to the fact that lesbians exist. I'm not sure why this one in particular gets the "slut" treatment when this one or this one or even this one even though the last one actually does sleep around before she commits to one woman, really don't.

Well to be fair I wasn't the original person who called her a slut, I'm mostly just replying to the vitriol Falleax got for their comment. If I were the type of person to call out every slutty character I see then I would have probably called out the sluts in those mangas too. I just think that people should be able to call out a character for being a slut without people needing to get overly offended over it. I mean, you see people call characters stupid, crazy, or pedophile and no one bats an eye, but call someone a slut and people start calling you an asshole for "assuming".

Once again, being a slut doesn't make them a bad person/character and it doesn't mean that they will always be a slut, sluts can find true love too. I just think we should be able to point out when a character is sexually promiscuous.

Oh well, I'm just repeating myself again and this is going nowhere. I'll wait for the next chapter to see if she is actually slut before commenting further.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Because it makes you look like an asshole. You are literally judging someone the first chance you get based off of unfounded rumors. If look at other stories you'll even find that stories that start off like this are more likely to turn out that the rumors were just that, rumors. It's more likely she hasn't actually done anything with any of them. So no matter how you look at this your assumptions are idiotic.

It's not a rumor that she dates lots of guys, it's not a rumor that she kisses at the first sign of affection. I'm tired with having to repeat myself. This someone is a fictional character, we will never know them beyond what we are told or shown. We are told she dates lots of guys, we are shown that she is quick to kiss when someone says they like her, and we are told that she sleeps around. Until we are told more I have no reason to withhold my judgement. It's an ongoing series where the characters will be revealed and fleshed out as we go, but that doesn't mean that we are not allowed to judge them based on what we have been shown so far. It's not like you watch a show and withhold your judgement of any of the characters until the very end because you don't know that they might not be as good/bad as you think. In a way you are also judging this alleged slut yourself by trying to push this idea that she might not be an promiscuous as we are told, if instead I was saying that she was most likely a good wholesome girl who is getting dumped because she refuses to put out I doubt you would be calling me an asshole or an idiot.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

This is the primary definition of the word "slut". As you so kindly just pointed out the only thing that suggests she might be is purely gossip. Either way though the issue is that people are jumping to conclusions and trying to unfairly judge her. The question of whether she sleeps around or not is pretty much irrelevant from my point of view. My entire point is simply not to judge people so quickly.

It's a manga, they are not real people. All we will ever know about them is what we are shown and told in the piece of media and what we have been shown and told is that she is a sexually promiscuous girl. Until we are told otherwise why would I not assume that we are being told the truth? She dates lots of people, is seen leaving love hotels, and kisses at the first sign of affection. Why shouldn't I judge this character based on what I have seen and been told?

Again, I might be wrong, but until I see evidence that shows me I'm wrong then why should I assume it? It's not like there has never been a yuri manga where one of the girls was a slut.

Cannibal
Image Comments 03 Jun 05:04
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016
Yumikuri_6_by_shocolad-d9ivrx6

It's based on how their names are pronounced in Japanese. Yumiru and Kurisuta.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I know what you wrote, what baffles me is how you arrived at that conclusion in the first place. Or that you arrived at it at all, actually. You either have a lot more experience than me to reach that conclusion, since my experiences don't support your statement, or you're speaking from your own bias on the matter.
And also it remains in the open if keeping your panties on on the first date is a bad or a good thing.

Really? Every person I have ever seen just make out with people they just met on the dance floor tend to be the ones hooking up in the bathroom later that night. It's really not that long of a stretch to assume someone who kisses right after being asked out is the type of person who will have sex on the first date. And no, I didn't say that putting out on the first date is bad, it's just slutty.

Except it actually doesn't? One character said they'd seen her at a love hotel with one of her boyfriends. That not only could turn out to have been wrong to begin with but it also doesn't even suggest she definitely slept with him. For all we know he could have taken her there and she freaked out and left before doing anything. You all are jumping to some really shitty conclusions here.

I'm not jumping to a shitty conclusion, it's literally all we are told. She has a lot of boyfriends, she has been seen going in/coming out of love hotels, and she makes out with the MC at the first sign of affection. All that we are told and shown in chapter 1 could be a red herring and she actually isn't a slut, but we haven't been shown otherwise yet. Everything we are told and shown shows that the girl does sleep around, until it says the opposite why would I assume otherwise?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Also, anyone that kisses at the confession isn't going to keep her panties locked shut on the first date.

Lolwut.

I'm insinuating that someone who makes out with the person who just asked them out is the type of person who will put out on the first date.

Yea, because MC didn't see her all depressed after break up or something. There was no hint she is actually deeper character than she looks.

Every thing we are told and shown in the first chapter hints that she is a slutty character. If she is more than that then we shall see.

last edited at Jun 2, 2017 8:32AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

That's why I said IF, it's only the first chapter so that's all I have to go from. Also, anyone that kisses at the confession isn't going to keep her panties locked shut on the first date.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 12:27PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

literally who gives a shit if a girl has a lot of boyfriends. it's 2017 she can do what she wants she's literally harming nobody.

i relate a lot to hoshigawa. ive had a couple of crushes in high school that other people would call sluts just because they dated around and i myself have been called a boy-crazy slut just for having a lot of male friends (im lesbian so that insult isnt even remotely applicable). like i said, it's 2017. the notion that having a lot of romantic partners is a bad quality in a woman stems from the regressive, outdated, misogynistic idea that non-virgin women are tainted, and yet slut-shaming is still really common. there's nothing wrong with sleeping around, even if a girl had a different boyfriend every fucking night there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. people need to stop caring so much about what goes on in other people's bedrooms and let a girl live her goddamn life.

Oh come on, if someone is sleeping with someone new every single night then that's just not healthy, mentally or physically and doesn't bode well for future relationships. I mean it's one thing to tell someone not to date around or have sex before marriage but going to the other extreme and saying that going orgy crazy every day is is perfectly healthy is not any better. Live your life the way you want to live it, no one should have the ability to force you to do otherwise, but don't act like it should be perfectly acceptable and free of judgement. A lot of people live unhealthy life styles and they are happy about it, doesn't mean that they can't be judged or told that their life style is unhealthy as long as it is done in a reasonable fashion. People can be slutty, fat, unhygienic, arrogant, ignorant, drug addicted, or just a slob in general if they want to but it's also fine for others to point that out.

In regards to this manga, if this girl is sleeping around it most likely means that there is something wrong with her or her home environment. She probably has some kind of trouble in her life that made her think that sex is all that is needed for love and doesn't understand why she keeps getting dumped. The guys are probably just dating her because she just gives it away and dumps her because they see no more use for her. If she stopped sleeping around and maybe stayed single for a while then she might be able to figure out what she is doing wrong.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I'm not really talking about the show here. The image we were discussing showed her stating that she no longer cared about someone who she dedicated herself to a life of battle for and almost instantly turning to Kyouko for love and comfort. Kyouko even states that she's not behaving normally before Sayaka, suddenly very touchy-feely, looks at her with Yandere eyes and states that she no longer cares about her former lover. This image is very clearly showing someone going into a weird post-breakup depression.

Isn't the whole point of Kyubey using teenage girls in the middle of puberty because their emotions are extreme and erratic? Quick to devote their lives to the person they love, quick to go into a murderous rampage when that love doesn't work out, quick to get over that love once they have calmed down and quick to move onto that next person. Rebellion does have Sayaka stating that she is over Kyouske.

last edited at May 31, 2017 3:41AM