Forum › Posts by Arujin

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The author deffinitely tried very hard to give us a good ending. Although, since I unfortunately lost most of my interest ever since the anime ended, I don't particulary care about the execution. I might even say I kinda like the ending.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This is actually pretty hilarious
Last chapter ends with "I don't like you"
This chapters ends with "I like you."

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Like always, I wish for this to end up being something more, but I seriously doubt it will close off with anything other than "the three of us will be friends no matter what! Forever!"

Arujin
New Game discussion 21 Sep 17:20
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Hana-chan is a woman right cause I was wondering if it's a man as tomgirl or a woman as tomboy .-. ?Also wanted to point out that in the special volume 12 there is mistake in page 7 in the top left corner "Got mat (mad*) at me "

I'm preeetty sure Hana-chan is an okama. A gay man.

Arujin
Cocytus discussion 18 Sep 16:54
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I actually enjoyed this last chapter. The story didnt exactly progress, but it was still a fun read. Seeing that Mao was the one being manipulated this whole time was a pretty nice twist. My favorite chapter out of those 3.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This is taking a surprising turn

Arujin
Cocytus discussion 02 Sep 20:33
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The bitter aftertaste it left in my mouth was it being 2 chapters of no progression and constant repeating of "I want to monopolize her, Im a bad person". I just felt like I wasted my time.
Apparantely this is not the last chapter tho, so I hope something will actually happen in the finale.

It is only 3 chapters, so there is not much room for developing things more than that to be honest. I think the progress is fine. The whole point is, it shows the process of Mao figuring her feelings out, to how far she goes to selfishly keep Itsuki single, even though she knows she won't date her anyway.
It actually makes a good basis for a longer story and these chapters serve fine for introduction. But in the end it is left for the readers' imagination, since it's short.

Maybe as progress you mean Mao starting to get attracted to Itsuki, but remember that this might not be the author's intention to begin with. because not every story has to have the couple ending up together. It might want to teach other things

Spoiler I read the last chapter and
Not much happens either. I think Itsuki will get a girlfriend at some point and move out

I dont neccesseraly mean her developing feelings for her, I'm just talking about a story progression, no matter how it is done. Like I said, what annoys me is the constant repeating of what we already know.
And like you said, 3 chapters isnt much, and if an author wants to tell a story in 3 chapters they should progress it properly, not just 3 chapters of the same internal monologue repeating itself.
Like I said, by story progression I mean anything, literally anything, like a confession and then a rejection, I don't care, I just hate feeling like I read the same thing over and over again. It just feels like a waste of time.

last edited at Sep 2, 2016 8:34PM

Arujin
Cocytus discussion 02 Sep 07:55
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I think Mao is heterosexual, but homoromantic, unfortunately sexual and romantic orientations don't have to match at all. She is still pretty cruel towards her friend though. I think the real plot twist would be if her friend is actually in love with someone else. :D

^^THIS. I would love to see Mao's heart shattered by the fact Itsuki still could love someone else, no matter how hard Mao was trying to confine her. Especially because of the fact that Itsuki is aware that Mao will never respond to her feeling

Yeah whatever.
What's a story that goes nowhere even good for? And it's not even the type of story that carries a deep meaning.
It's just the same things repeating over and over again, this whole thing could have been over in half a chapter.

I think half a chapter won't do tho dude. The two chapters have successfully portrayed the dillematic issue of wanting to love someone but not wanting to have sex with them. Nah, half a chapter won't leave the bitter aftertaste this much.

The bitter aftertaste it left in my mouth was it being 2 chapters of no progression and constant repeating of "I want to monopolize her, Im a bad person". I just felt like I wasted my time.
Apparantely this is not the last chapter tho, so I hope something will actually happen in the finale.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

A serious question:

Yes, we enjoy and feel a lot reading this. But do you think the manga medium (especially the cutesy chibi drawing style) was what have sent the story and its message across?

Because i have a feeling most of us will get bored out or feel disinterested if this same story was told through...say... an essay format. Or interview format. Most probably won't even read at all.

Can manga as a future medium to send one's own story across? Or as soon as it picks up some popularity (like ...now..) it will immediately saturate the market (and we end up rolling our eyes over "Oh God, another author publish their depressing life story again")

Well, the main thing that carries such impact on the reader is the contrast between the story told and the actual moe art style.
I think if done right, it could definitelly be told via. a novel by, let's say telling the same story, but formating in a carefree, even comedic way. Same thing can be done with music.

Well, the contrast is definitelly what sold it for me. I'm pretty sure if the art style was as dark as the story, the first time I read "I had cuts and eating disorder" I would roll my eyes and go "Not this edgy shit again."

Arujin
Cocytus discussion 01 Sep 16:29
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Yeah whatever.
What's a story that goes nowhere even good for? And it's not even the type of story that carries a deep meaning.
It's just the same things repeating over and over again, this whole thing could have been over in half a chapter.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I've never been through depression, but I think the story is pretty easy to understand.
I mean, I don't see how I need to go through the same things just to know what's going on.

Also you guys should check out the author's Twitter. It can give you some kind of impression of what kind of person she ended up being.

You don't need to go through the same thing before to understand. But you need to go through the same thing before to actually feel and sympathise with it. It's a matter of theory vs experiences

(Believe me this is one of the costly lesson that I paid with my own sweat and blood D: )

For example the walking straight with a full glass of water on top of you. Yeah, it's very easy to understand concept, but how scary and anxious and uncomfortable to feel like that? Only those who felt it once before can immediately recall

Well yes, but I've been seeing alot of comments about people not being able to follow or understand the story, apparantely because they never experienced it. Or at least that's how it looks to me, that's what I find weird.

Meanwhile, Im here, while not sympathising, enjoying what I'm reading.

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 7:59PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I've never been through depression, but I think the story is pretty easy to understand.
I mean, I don't see how I need to go through the same things just to know what's going on.

Also you guys should check out the author's Twitter. It can give you some kind of impression of what kind of person she ended up being.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

themusicman500 posted:

I love this work so much. The author's mind is incredibly beautiful.

I wouldn't go as far as this.

I think she has issues and she was able to put them into words and drawings, probably as some kind of self-therapy for her.

I wouldn't describe the mind of someone struggling with depression and all kinds of disorders, as "beautiful". She's (or was) obviously very ill.

Her mind is more like "a wreck" and hopefully, "trying to rebuild itself" and get better.

She's still pretty fucked up. Judging from her twitter.
But I like it.

So is she agender like did she say nonbinary on Twitter
Sorry just trans girl thoughts
And this was sort of relatable. One difference was I realized I would never be a functioning member of society and went on disability

She's a female.

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 9:38AM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I think Im one of the few people who doesnt find this relatable nor derpessing.
But I like it a lot, it's an interesting read and I enjoy how the art contrasts with the narrative

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This kinda turns me on.
More chapters please.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

That accent is getting on my nerves, other than that. It looks pretty interesting, I'd like to see this finished.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I cant fucking believe that Jojo reference.
She straight up quoted Rohan with the reality shit, and it wasnt even subtle.
This was the last place I expected to find a Jojo reference in. Holy crap.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Can someone please just spoil me how this end lol?

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This is all nice and moody, but I'd really like for this to take an actual direction and go that direction already.
I just don't really see any actual point to this story (yet), I get that the author wants to be shady about it, but we're already 8 chapters in and I just dont see enough plot progression.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I need the next chapter NOW

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Not this shit again..

Arujin
Walk Wit Me discussion 21 Jun 18:14
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Hey, I bet they got ran over by a train.

Arujin
New Game discussion 05 May 17:29
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

morter posted:

Mugino posted:

i though all the girls were Aoba love interested but they can date each other too ;)

Lol this ain't a harem

You say that like it's a good thing.

Well, I really dislike harems XP can't approve the idea of multiple girls/boys falling for just one like the rest of the people are too plain or the mc is too perfect, and it also kills my shipping instincts.

Heterosexual harems are the worst

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The biggest bro of the series was in trouble and good karma saved her. Shine brightly, Aru :^)

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Every yuri has that one point of the story where there's more actual yaoi than yuri.
Why must you hurt me so?

last edited at May 1, 2016 5:23PM